TTORA Forum banner

Highsteer Dana 44 under taco tie rod interference

4K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Harmonytaco 
#1 ·

Fit up my tie rod today for highsteer on a 79 f250 Dana 44 with arms that I bought with axle. Tie rod needs to come up 3/8" to clear springs without any weight on them and brand new. I know weight will flatten them and tie rod will clear but I am concerned that at full droop leafs will hit tie rod. I might get a spacer and longer knuckle studs but am complete noob, before ordering do you all think current setup will work or that I will need a spacer or taller arms? I might just try it but thought someone might have some insight to share.

See less See more
#3 ·
I would rather go with a taller arm like you suggested than putting a spacer in and having to buy longer studs and spacer. I will look at the sky arms you linked thanks.

I realize there are a ton of factors involved in suspension cycle but when one side is stuffed to bump and the other side droops completely out I am worried that even a 1" taller arm will allow tierod to hit leafs, not sure if under this circumstance the leafs actually arch more than how they sit now with no weight. Maybe limiting droops the answer. I may just hold off and flex everything out before final welding tie rod or spending more money on parts I am not sure will work.

#6 ·
Or go low steer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.