junkyard spare parts - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 10:26 AM Thread Starter
and weeeeeeee

Send a message via MSN to Big-A
junkyard spare parts

I am wanting spare parts for my truck and started thinking about tie rod and drag link ends,what is a good year make and model from a vehicle to get used tre's and dre's from at PickNPull? I know the best thing would be just to purchase new ones from PartsMike or whoever but I am looking for alternatives right now due to a slight temporary financial situation at hand.

also what things have you guys collected from PickNPull or any junkyard that would be good spares,or something cool to slap on the truck like some curb feelers or something ??

[FONT="Times New Roman"]-Anthony
[FONT="Times New Roman"] Rock Whores OG3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 10:47 AM

i know its a haul but in modesto ive had preety good luck at the wrecking yards in town. if you find what your looking for i can call around for you. the ones i know are good here are:
oakdale autowreckers
waterford salvage
and i dont know the names but there are a ton of yards on crowslanding road in modesto.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 07:30 PM

Send a message via AIM to AngryAndy Send a message via Yahoo to AngryAndy
I recently did my ball joints, and kept a decent upper and lower and threw it in my spare parts box....I don't have any TRE's yet, but I think I will just get new ones, like you don't wanna do....Every time I am at pick and pull in oakland, I NEVER see anything worth getting, NO jeeps, No Fords.....hell not even any 22re stuff for my runner....I think the only decent pick and pull around here is Stockton.

When I got my axle (in stockton), I found a pair of spare shafts, and still have not fawked with them, since I upgraded to CTM's and yukons, i now have my original stocker shafts as spares.

I will be putting up a pair of spare waggy shafts for sale very soon. I have both shafts and new spicer u-joints, not assembled...dont know if you need axle shafts or not.

"Soupbowl Challenge Winner 2006"

1997 Xtracab SAS Tacoma
1989 SAS 4runner "Project Angry"
2007 FJ Cruiser
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 08:07 PM Thread Starter
and weeeeeeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry Andy
I recently did my ball joints, and kept a decent upper and lower and threw it in my spare parts box....I don't have any TRE's yet, but I think I will just get new ones, like you don't wanna do....Every time I am at pick and pull in oakland, I NEVER see anything worth getting, NO jeeps, No Fords.....hell not even any 22re stuff for my runner....I think the only decent pick and pull around here is Stockton.

When I got my axle (in stockton), I found a pair of spare shafts, and still have not fawked with them, since I upgraded to CTM's and yukons, i now have my original stocker shafts as spares.

I will be putting up a pair of spare waggy shafts for sale very soon. I have both shafts and new spicer u-joints, not assembled...dont know if you need axle shafts or not.
Thanks for the heads up....I guess I will save myself a trip looking for spare parts and just use my credit card for the spare tr's and dre's....hell and a new pitman arm while I am at it

How much will you be asking for the stock shafts and new U's?

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 08:39 PM
Veteran Member

just go to autozone or kragen to buy some cheapie spare tierod ends. not to price plus some of them have lifetime warrenties
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 07:25 PM Thread Starter
and weeeeeeee

cool I will check them out thanks

Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode