TTORA Forum banner

caster vs perch+shackle

2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Captkirkyota 
#1 · (Edited)
caster vs hanger+shackle

assuming my diamond axle was shipped with the proper caster,does it matter that the front hanger is higher than the rear shackle?it just that the u-bolt/spring plate looks too tilted to me.?hmmm?..also,the diff could be pointed up more too..

#2 ·
KRYPTO(dale) said:
assuming my diamond axle was shipped with the proper caster,does it matter that the front hanger is higher than the rear shackle?it just that the u-bolt/spring plate looks too tilted to me.?hmmm?..also,the diff could be pointed up more too..
How much higher? Mine is about .5-.75 in higher at glance. Also, did you ask Brian to send the perches at correct set up? If you did , did you tell him that someday you'd have a crawler, but right now you don't? He would have taken that into consideration. Also, with your HP front, it is not as critical.
Here are some pics you can KINDA see my angle, look at the angles on the diff and compare to spots on truck and then compare to yours.

Check the spring perch here to angles of diff.

Hope these help.

#3 ·
your springs look flatter than mine.but i got the trail gear 5"lift spring...so i got lots of arch.

#4 ·
KRYPTO(dale) said:
your springs look flatter than mine.but i got the trail gear 5"lift spring...so i got lots of arch.
Yours WILL settle, what I was sending you was to compare the position of the perches to the 3rd and the 3rd overall to look at in the last pics. your axle should not "twist" as the springs settle. Not any I don't think anyway. If any it will be very little.

#5 ·
yep, my third is very close to yours.i sure hope the springs settle because i cant even get in my truck now without a stepstool!

#6 ·
KRYPTO(dale) said:
yep, my third is very close to yours.i sure hope the springs settle because i cant even get in my truck now without a stepstool!
LOL, time to get some sliders that stick out farther for use as a step.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.