FS: 2000 Tacoma 4x4 9.5" Lift w/ 37's - TTORA Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-07-2005, 01:11 PM Thread Starter
Member
iTrader: (0)
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 28
FS: 2000 Tacoma 4x4 9.5" Lift w/ 37's

Hey guys,

I haven't been around here in almost 6 months. Been busy with life, work, and such. I just wanted to thank everyone for all the help they have given me over the past couple of years. I lost most of my contacts I had with you guys so please email me at guitarlp(at)xsmail.com (replace the (at) with @) so we can catch up.

I'm also selling my tacoma. I have plans to get married in the next year and a half and I need the money to pay off some bills and help pay for the wedding. If you guys could spread the word around that would be great! I created a website just for the truck. It was both scary and sad to add up the entire cost of everying I have put into my truck.

http://www.mytoyotatacoma.com

I live in Oceanside CA (San Diego Area) and I'm asking $22,500.
guitarlp4x4 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 09:58 AM
Member
iTrader: (0)
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by cauch235
a little pricey for a used truck not in perfect condition...
I agree its not even a solid axle either
toyhunter is offline  
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 10:43 AM Thread Starter
Member
iTrader: (0)
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by cauch235
a little pricey for a used truck not in perfect condition...
Ok.... so what would you sell it for?

I said on my page I was willing to remove some of the aftermarket parts to lower the price. I just did a quick "guesstimate" in my head of what I could easily remove to lower the price and it took a little over $3,000 off my asking price (not effecting the lift). The engine/drive-train is in perfect condition... body has a few scratches and dents... therefor I gave it a bluebook rating of "Good" ... not "Perfect."

In any case, thank you for taking the time to state your opinion in a thread designed to help me sell my truck.
guitarlp4x4 is offline  
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 11:59 AM
Member
iTrader: (0)
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarlp4x4
Ok.... so what would you sell it for?

I said on my page I was willing to remove some of the aftermarket parts to lower the price. I just did a quick "guesstimate" in my head of what I could easily remove to lower the price and it took a little over $3,000 off my asking price (not effecting the lift). The engine/drive-train is in perfect condition... body has a few scratches and dents... therefor I gave it a bluebook rating of "Good" ... not "Perfect."

In any case, thank you for taking the time to state your opinion in a thread designed to help me sell my truck.
Havent you ever heard that you usually dont get what you put into it! I had at least 25k in my landcruiser and only sold it for 11k and my 72 blazer has 20k and am selling it for 9k. Even if you did take alot of stuff off you sitll wouldnt be able to sell it for around 19.5k. Good luck to the rich kid who gets daddy to but him this if it ever sells
toyhunter is offline  
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 12:12 PM
Cracker
iTrader: (0)
 
Valkyrie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Texas, by Gawd!
Posts: 5,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarlp4x4
Ok.... so what would you sell it for?

I said on my page I was willing to remove some of the aftermarket parts to lower the price. I just did a quick "guesstimate" in my head of what I could easily remove to lower the price and it took a little over $3,000 off my asking price (not effecting the lift). The engine/drive-train is in perfect condition... body has a few scratches and dents... therefor I gave it a bluebook rating of "Good" ... not "Perfect."

In any case, thank you for taking the time to state your opinion in a thread designed to help me sell my truck.
Kris,
Ignore these tools, hopefully a mod will kill these n00b posts crapping on your sale. Sorry to hear about your truck, but it sounds like things are going well for you. Best of luck...
Valkyrie is offline  
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 12:23 PM Thread Starter
Member
iTrader: (0)
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyhunter
Havent you ever heard that you usually dont get what you put into it! I had at least 25k in my landcruiser and only sold it for 11k and my 72 blazer has 20k and am selling it for 9k. Even if you did take alot of stuff off you sitll wouldnt be able to sell it for around 19.5k. Good luck to the rich kid who gets daddy to but him this if it ever sells
Lol.... ok... let me copy and paste from my website:

I checked kbb.com (Kelly Blue Book) on 3/01/2005 and it listed my truck's blue book value at $11,935. That's in the zip code of 92057, a milage of 61,802, and a rating of "Good."

Next we have the extra things I've put into the truck. The total cost of everything aftermarket I've put on is $17,669.80. The total cost of Aftermarket and blue book value of my truck is $29,604.80. Obviously when aftermarket parts are installed their value drops quiet a bit, so I'm lowering my asking price from $29,604.80 to $22,500. Also, there are certain things I can remove from the truck and sell seperately if you don't want it (like the stereo head unit, camper shell, rear bumper, offroad lights, ect...). What I'd recommend doing is calling or emailing me to setup a day and time to view the truck and take it out for a spin. Then, if you like it, and you will, we can work on a price that only includes the items on the truck you want.


Maybe you failed to read what I said on the site. I even said when aftermarket parts are installed their value drops. I'm selling the truck at bluebook value (still under warranty by the way) and I'm selling the aftermarket parts I have on there at nearly half their price. I can even remove a lot of the parts and lower the price. Obviously this is not the truck for you... so why did you even decide to discurage a sale by posting your comments on my thread? Looks like TTORA hasn't changed much in the 6 or so months I've been gone.
guitarlp4x4 is offline  
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
Member
iTrader: (0)
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by valkyrie
Kris,
Ignore these tools, hopefully a mod will kill these n00b posts crapping on your sale. Sorry to hear about your truck, but it sounds like things are going well for you. Best of luck...
Thanks Chris... things are going very well and I'm happier now then I have ever been. Hopefully in the next couple of months I will find someone who is looking for a Taco completely built up (minus the solid axel) .
guitarlp4x4 is offline  
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 12:28 PM
Cracker
iTrader: (0)
 
Valkyrie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Texas, by Gawd!
Posts: 5,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarlp4x4
Thanks Chris... things are going very well and I'm happier now then I have ever been. Hopefully in the next couple of months I will find someone who is looking for a Taco completely built up (minus the solid axel) .
You've got a great truck, you shouldn't have any problems. Heck, with the way things have going at CB, that setup with good canvas could be worth a grand by itself on Ebay...
Valkyrie is offline  
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 12:30 PM
Veteran Member
iTrader: (0)
 
DesertTRD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Californication
Posts: 1,257
Send a message via AIM to DesertTRD
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarlp4x4
Thanks Chris... things are going very well and I'm happier now then I have ever been. Hopefully in the next couple of months I will find someone who is looking for a Taco completely built up (minus the solid axel) .
Kris, fawk all those morons... your truck is well worth 22k, hell I almost sold my stock prerunner for 19k! 2 years ago and it had over 70k on the clock.. I decided to trade it in instead for my new truck... What the guy above forgot is that toyotas hold their resale value.

- for 10,000 years, man has been hitting things with hammers to make them work....dont mess with a working formula

Book of the Piece Chapter 3, Verse 10



meh... it's yer junk... so wgasa. LoL -- TacoDell
DesertTRD is offline  
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 12:39 PM
Ban Count: 12
iTrader: (0)
 
Oppositeboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,815
I can't believe you are selling it... Good luck! You've put it up for a reasonable price considering what you've done to it. You wanna get rid of the can-back without the truck? Those guys don't know any better. That thing should sell fairly quick. Have you put it up on Craigslist?
Oppositeboy is offline  
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 12:52 PM Thread Starter
Member
iTrader: (0)
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oppositeboy
I can't believe you are selling it... Good luck! You've put it up for a reasonable price considering what you've done to it. You wanna get rid of the can-back without the truck? Those guys don't know any better. That thing should sell fairly quick. Have you put it up on Craigslist?
I can't beleive I'm selling it either

I've been thinking about starting to remove a few things like the can-back, skid plates, off-road lights, bumper, ect... but I think those things will really help with the sell of my truck. If the buyer doesn't want the can-back then I will post on these boards and see who wants it... but I doubt the can-back will be hard to sell considering about 8 people have already emailed me asking if I'd sell it alone .

Thanks for the idea on Craigslist. I just posted it on there.
guitarlp4x4 is offline  
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 12:55 PM
Going John Galt
iTrader: (10)
 
hytenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Norcal
Posts: 31,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarlp4x4
Hey guys,

I haven't been around here in almost 6 months. Been busy with life, work, and such. I just wanted to thank everyone for all the help they have given me over the past couple of years. I lost most of my contacts I had with you guys so please email me at guitarlp(at)xsmail.com (replace the (at) with @) so we can catch up.

I'm also selling my tacoma. I have plans to get married in the next year and a half and I need the money to pay off some bills and help pay for the wedding. If you guys could spread the word around that would be great! I created a website just for the truck. It was both scary and sad to add up the entire cost of everying I have put into my truck.

http://www.mytoyotatacoma.com

I live in Oceanside CA (San Diego Area) and I'm asking $22,500.
out of curriosity, how did you mount your Lowrance?
nice truck, by the way Were you at takeover? I seem to remember a truck like yours but will a huge fold-down light bar on the CB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teryx View Post
Yeah, well, I'm just glad I snagged a few Spector cans before EPA converted them to Sphincters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma Jake View Post
Lube may be your best friend (depending on location).
'00 Excab Tacoma, 2.7, 5sp with a Bunch-o-mods
Inchworm Rock Walkin' Gear
hytenor is offline  
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 01:07 PM Thread Starter
Member
iTrader: (0)
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by hytenor
out of curriosity, how did you mount your Lowrance?
nice truck, by the way Were you at takeover? I seem to remember a truck like yours but will a huge fold-down light bar on the CB.
I had to cut out the air vents on the center dash and even some of the dash itself. I gutted some of the things inside the dash and then glued the GPS to the black center consol (that I remove the air vents from). Now when I remove that consol to get to say, the stereo, the GPS comes out with it all attached. Works pretty well. The location is ok but if I could do it again I would probably try to angle it towards the drivers seat a little more. But I like how it is because I can see it and so can my passenger.

Thanks for the compliments. I was at TakeOver and I do have the CB with the lights that fold down.
guitarlp4x4 is offline  
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 01:59 PM
Ted
wut?
iTrader: (0)
 
Ted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: N39 11.042 W78 09.845 (Virginia)
Posts: 1,466
Send a message via AIM to Ted
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyhunter
I agree its not even a solid axle either
Thanks for the info, we all thought it was SAS.
Ted is offline  
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 02:12 PM
Ban Count: 12
iTrader: (0)
 
Oppositeboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,815
Is he back?!?
Oppositeboy is offline  
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 02:14 PM
Member
iTrader: (0)
 
jimmytbud7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: imperial pa
Posts: 47
man that truck is nice, put it up on ebay..

2005 TRD V6 black
stock

old truck:
http://home.comcast.net/~jimthomson/SIG.jpg
jimmytbud7 is offline  
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 02:16 PM
Ban Count: 12
iTrader: (0)
 
Oppositeboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,815
Did you get permission to use that pic as your avatar????
Oppositeboy is offline  
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 02:47 PM
Going John Galt
iTrader: (10)
 
hytenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Norcal
Posts: 31,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarlp4x4
I had to cut out the air vents on the center dash and even some of the dash itself. I gutted some of the things inside the dash and then glued the GPS to the black center consol (that I remove the air vents from). Now when I remove that consol to get to say, the stereo, the GPS comes out with it all attached. Works pretty well. The location is ok but if I could do it again I would probably try to angle it towards the drivers seat a little more. But I like how it is because I can see it and so can my passenger.

Thanks for the compliments. I was at TakeOver and I do have the CB with the lights that fold down.
cool, I was checking out Lowrance's new color Baja unit and also their 'coming this summer' 10" touch-screen street/trail models. they don't even have them priced yet but I'm sure they will be over $1200 like the old 6500s. I have a little Navman 510c now that is great but I'd really like one that has uploadable topo maps, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teryx View Post
Yeah, well, I'm just glad I snagged a few Spector cans before EPA converted them to Sphincters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma Jake View Post
Lube may be your best friend (depending on location).
'00 Excab Tacoma, 2.7, 5sp with a Bunch-o-mods
Inchworm Rock Walkin' Gear
hytenor is offline  
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 03:32 PM
Cracker
iTrader: (0)
 
Valkyrie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Texas, by Gawd!
Posts: 5,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted
Thanks for the info, we all thought it was SAS.
SAS?

Valkyrie is offline  
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 07:33 PM
Going John Galt
iTrader: (10)
 
hytenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Norcal
Posts: 31,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by valkyrie
SAS?
Don't you be SASin' people now!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teryx View Post
Yeah, well, I'm just glad I snagged a few Spector cans before EPA converted them to Sphincters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma Jake View Post
Lube may be your best friend (depending on location).
'00 Excab Tacoma, 2.7, 5sp with a Bunch-o-mods
Inchworm Rock Walkin' Gear
hytenor is offline  
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 08:02 PM
Veteran Member
iTrader: (0)
 
TACO 4X4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lincoln, CA
Posts: 808
Bump for a nice lookin' truck...look at what they sell for, it's not a bad deal...it's amazing people can't keep thier mouth shut when someone else is selling something.

1987 - FJ60, 202k, OME lift, 32's and that it so far.
TACO 4X4 is offline  
post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 09:39 PM
Cracker
iTrader: (0)
 
Valkyrie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Texas, by Gawd!
Posts: 5,648
Valkyrie is offline  
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 10:22 PM Thread Starter
Member
iTrader: (0)
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO 4X4
Bump for a nice lookin' truck...look at what they sell for, it's not a bad deal...it's amazing people can't keep thier mouth shut when someone else is selling something.
Thanks
guitarlp4x4 is offline  
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 10:23 PM Thread Starter
Member
iTrader: (0)
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytbud7
man that truck is nice, put it up on ebay..
I'm going to put it up tomorrow. I didn't want to, but now that I'm thinking about it, it's just more advertising my truck for sale. Good idea... thanks
guitarlp4x4 is offline  
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-22-2005, 08:13 AM
Senior Member
iTrader: (0)
 
cauch235's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: ANAHEIM CA
Posts: 134
man i didnt mean to be a jerk about the price... it is a BEAUTIFUL truck and i wish mine was as nice as that... i didn't mean it to be a mean statement so i apoligize and wish you good luck with the sale...


3" spacers
1.5" downey hd shackles
bilstein 5100s
roger brown 2" body lift
285/75r16 BFG M/T
16x8 eagle alloy (series 186)
--------------------------------------
work hard. . .PLAY HARDER!!!
SOME PICS. . .

FREE PSP
cauch235 is offline  
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-22-2005, 08:31 AM
Cracker
iTrader: (0)
 
Valkyrie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Texas, by Gawd!
Posts: 5,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by cauch235
man i didnt mean to be a jerk about the price... it is a BEAUTIFUL truck and i wish mine was as nice as that... i didn't mean it to be a mean statement so i apoligize and wish you good luck with the sale...
I can't speak for Kris, but the recently there's been a bad trend around here of people who have no interest in buying what's for sale, but feeling compelled to crap on someone's thread and offer thier smart ass little assesments of 'value'. Thanks for standing up and being a good member of this forum and deleting your post. I'm sure no offense was intended nor taken.
Valkyrie is offline  
Reply
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome