ocotillo - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-04-2005, 01:09 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

ocotillo

looks like its gonna cool down a little for this weekend only low 90's!
i'm going out sat night to camp, wheel at night and have a few brews.
then on Sunday we are dirtbiking about 100+ miles over to the blu-in ocotillo wells maybe even the iron door, over to superstition mnts for alittle fun in the sand and back to ocotillo.
This trip is truck friendly too and if you havent done it you are missing out on some fun dez running
Mike

Team Bad Habits
Don't own one yet but there is nothing but diesel cruisers and tacos down here.
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day. " ~Frank Sinatra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-04-2005, 01:14 PM
Veteran Member

Bitch, dont even call me.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-04-2005, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1noobie
Bitch, dont even call me.
jessie you there?
hello calling 1biatch!!!!
i was gonna cal you tonight
you wanna go but i'm cutting you aff after 9732 beers
just kiddin jess were gonna be taking it easy.
Mike

Team Bad Habits
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day. " ~Frank Sinatra
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-04-2005, 01:21 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to mikerox
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelitro
looks like its gonna cool down a little for this weekend only low 90's!
i'm going out sat night to camp, wheel at night and have a few brews.
then on Sunday we are dirtbiking about 100+ miles over to the blu-in ocotillo wells maybe even the iron door, over to superstition mnts for alittle fun in the sand and back to ocotillo.
This trip is truck friendly too and if you havent done it you are missing out on some fun dez running
Mike
100 miles on a bike. how do you manage the gas? sounds fun. if i did not have plans this weekend i would so be there with you. i love ocotillo, even if the damn place did eat my gas tank and 2 rims.

04 DC TRD: THE ROLLED TACO
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-04-2005, 01:21 PM
Veteran Member

Nah, just joking man. Still haven't fixed my truck yet. People keep making promises to help but when it comes down to it they're nowhere to be found.

Fuck it, I'm over it.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-04-2005, 01:25 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

bummer man...Id offer to help but you live so damn far away and when it came down to it well you know...
Is your shit even drivable right now whats the deal?
Mike

Team Bad Habits
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-04-2005, 01:29 PM
Veteran Member

Just sitting in the garage with no fenders and a little crunched. I just need someone there who has fixed this type of shit before so I dont fuck it up worse.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-04-2005, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerox
100 miles on a bike. how do you manage the gas? sounds fun. if i did not have plans this weekend i would so be there with you. i love ocotillo, even if the damn place did eat my gas tank and 2 rims.
XR650r 90 miles+ on a tank wide open, we stop at the blu-in for gas and a cold beverage sometimes twice on the ride if we go far enough.
100 miles is ussually a morning ride in the dez for us.
you'll have to jooin us sometime out there. and halloween at O' wells is allways a blast, GP race in holtville sat morn, poker run at night, big fires and the ussual Team Bad Habits shenanigans

Oh also there is a dez race at the dip at superstition next weekend that will be fun its only like 90 miles 4 x around a 22 mile course...

Team Bad Habits
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-04-2005, 08:38 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to mikerox
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelitro
XR650r 90 miles+ on a tank wide open, we stop at the blu-in for gas and a cold beverage sometimes twice on the ride if we go far enough.
100 miles is ussually a morning ride in the dez for us.
you'll have to jooin us sometime out there. and halloween at O' wells is allways a blast, GP race in holtville sat morn, poker run at night, big fires and the ussual Team Bad Habits shenanigans

Oh also there is a dez race at the dip at superstition next weekend that will be fun its only like 90 miles 4 x around a 22 mile course...

i am going to have to figure out how far my bike will go on a tank of gas. i have gone all day but never that far away from camp. i don't want a desert tank at all but i might strap a small gas can to the back for insurance till i know the bike has the range for that kind of run. sounds fun and i will definately try and make a run with you guys sometime.

04 DC TRD: THE ROLLED TACO
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-04-2005, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

from your avatar i'm assuming you ride an MX bike they ussually go about 60 miles which is plenty of range for this ride its about 40 from ocotillo to the blu-in where they sell gas, bring premix if a two stroke, i'll watch you fill up while i have a beer
from there you can go another 40 mile loop and stop by the iron door, all trails go there anyways, through lots of fun mud hills and tight washes, out to shell reef, back to the blu inn for more gas and back to ocotillo no prob.
the only deviation requireing a little more range is if you go to superstion on the way back....
lots of guys carrry two quart oil bottles in their pack. its really more important to have a decent sized camel back and to remember to drink it!
Later on,
mike

Team Bad Habits

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode