3+3=35? - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 12:23 PM Thread Starter

3+3=35?

Before all of you start saying no it wont fit i want to know from the people who run the 3+3 combo who are running 35in Dunlop Mud Rovers . I know most people say they wont but the Dunlops run about an inch small so its only a 34. Also i do mostly street driving with muddy trails manily....no hardcore crawling or flexing. Will it fit? I know the pinchweld will ahve to be beat to a pulp but how bad will the rubbing be?

Chris GA

2001 Tacoma
2.7 5spd
2 1/2 Suspension lift
285/75/16 BFG A/T
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 12:55 PM
Ban Count: 12

People have done this. Unfortunately there was a lot of rubbing (a-arms, frame, body, etc.). People had to trim fenders, a little firewall (not just pinchweld), and take a lot of tupperware off of the bumper.

Edit - I think this was for under 6" total. My mistake. DeMello ran something similiar to this before he SAS'd. A former CO member, moved to CA ran 35's on modified Tundra coils or something without any major issues. He only had a few inches of lift from them too.

Last edited by Oppositeboy; 01-21-2005 at 12:59 PM.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTaco
Before all of you start saying no it wont fit i want to know from the people who run the 3+3 combo who are running 35in Dunlop Mud Rovers . I know most people say they wont but the Dunlops run about an inch small so its only a 34. Also i do mostly street driving with muddy trails manily....no hardcore crawling or flexing. Will it fit? I know the pinchweld will ahve to be beat to a pulp but how bad will the rubbing be?
I know a guy running this setup, and he doesn't have any issues with it. He might actually chime in about it when he sees this thread. He's got a 3" cornfed and 3" bl. You can see his rig under "members" at KYTTORA.com. His name is Puckett.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 08:10 PM
Good For You

I'm running a 3" BL (aka:the devil) with the All Pro Suspension cranked to 2-1/2 to 3" and am running 35" General Grabbers which measure pretty close to a true 35" with 2.75 bs rims. They rub the passenger frame (alignment issues) and they rub while stuffing during wheeling both front and rear. I trimmed a wee bit of the tupperware and slightly beat the pinch weld. For me, it's nothing I can't live with.

~Stroke
AzTTORA
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 09:04 PM
I think I remember where Moab is?

Quote:

Do it, anything is possible. I am running 35" MT/R's and I only have 2+2!!! But yeah I have trimmed the piss out of my truck. But it fits!!!!! And because people will argue, what I mean by fits, is that I have it and I say it fits, so if you have a different deffinition of fits, then keep it to yourself!! To me, it fits and I have wheeled in Moab many a times before....

Brant Luckow
INACOMA
'06 d-cab TRD Off-Road
Lift Me, Lock Me, Use Me, Abuse Me
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-22-2005, 11:53 PM

i have 3+3 and 35 bfg's, it works fine for me after the pinch weld mod and a little front bumper valence trimming, go for it, i've even got a little frontend sag and they still fit fine and also i rub when fully turned left on the frame, but no big deal, also rub when flexed out, but not bad at all, doesn't hurt anything so i dont care

Last edited by redtaco05; 01-22-2005 at 11:55 PM.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-23-2005, 03:13 PM
always a Toyota lover at heart

Send a message via Yahoo to 98 Taco
Mike, thanks for your help with the AZ land bureau
I just bought the ALLPRO rear lift kit and A-Arms, too
I just installed the rear lift, OMG !!!!!!!!!!!
I am going to install the new upper A-Arms as soon as I get my SAW's sent to Ryan
I just bought some used 35" Goodyear Wrangler MTR's from OZ TACO and I am def rubbing, OUCH!!!
Do you have your ALLPRO coilovers cranked fully?
I intend to crank the SAW's al the way and am adding stiffer Tundra coils, hopefully that will help.
I can't wait till March!!!
cya

1998 std cab taco

sold 1/9/08

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-23-2005, 05:33 PM Thread Starter

How about some pics?

Chris GA

2001 Tacoma
2.7 5spd
2 1/2 Suspension lift
285/75/16 BFG A/T
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-23-2005, 09:50 PM
Good For You

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98 Taco
Mike, thanks for your help with the AZ land bureau
I just bought the ALLPRO rear lift kit and A-Arms, too
I just installed the rear lift, OMG !!!!!!!!!!!
I am going to install the new upper A-Arms as soon as I get my SAW's sent to Ryan
I just bought some used 35" Goodyear Wrangler MTR's from OZ TACO and I am def rubbing, OUCH!!!
Do you have your ALLPRO coilovers cranked fully?
I intend to crank the SAW's al the way and am adding stiffer Tundra coils, hopefully that will help.
I can't wait till March!!!
cya
Hey Bob,
I wasn't able to speak to anyone at the State Land office last week, I am going to get a hold of someone for sure this week if I have to go down there and reach over the counter to do so.lol I saw another post that you had bought the rears, hopefully you like them as I do. My front is about 80-85% cranked, I still have more. Actually the rear tires seem to rub more than the fronts. It is certainly nothing I can't live with out. My concern is more for my rack, 3+ yrs of wheeling has about killed it. I think the SAS will be in the works before it gets too hot here, we'll see though. A few of us ran a trail today that was quite fun and challenging (rated a 4+ on a scale of 5). Less than about a mile long and it took us 4hrs with four trucks, weeeeeeee it was fun.

~Stroke
AzTTORA
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 08:32 AM
BMFWIC

Quote:
I have that exact setup. My rear will stuff all the way up without touching anything, and with the swaybar connected, I don't hit up front either. Swaybar disco'd=friendly rubbing. I bashed the crap out of the pichweld and I run 3.75in BS. I also trimmed the plastic a bit in the front wheel well and I have no complaints.

Boheefus

It's getting better all the time...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode