Anybody know of a 16x8 black steel wheel with D holes and less than 4" back spacing? - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 08:01 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to anestech* Send a message via Yahoo to anestech*
Anybody know of a 16x8 black steel wheel with D holes and less than 4" back spacing?

I can't seem to find one. I like the look of 3.75" or so backspacing, and and only tires I want (Trxus M/Ts, Revos or Toyo M/Ts) are not available in a 32" for a 15" rim (so that precludes going with a 15" black steelie, plus I would like to get 16" rims soon and mile tires are pretty new).

Discount tire claimed that their's is a -12 offset which would make it a 4" backspacing if my math is correct, but the Allied website says they are 4.5", but sometimes the brands they sell to other places are different. US Wheels doesn't say, but I believe they are the same wheel. I think these are the wheels that discount sells, since they called them daytona and they also had the "soft 8" ones with round holes (with the same offset).

They also wanted $427 for 4 of them OTD installed. I REALLY hope he thought I wanted 5 and not 4 at that price...

07 Indigo, DC, long bed, 4x4, TRD Sport with some stuff.
Old Truck 2002 Taco, V6, 5spd, 4x4, TRD, with some stuff.
06 KTM 300xc, ready to race.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-18-2006, 08:51 AM
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to bigbadyoda
I am looking for the same thing. Cant find it though 4wheelcustoms.com is where i was looking at but only the O shaped can i find in the 3.75 b/s. I want a D shaped 16x8 6-5.5" preferbaly 3.75 b/s cause im going to run 265/75/16 or about a 32. I want the extreme steel rock crawlers too. Do you have any ideas or any one else.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 05:07 PM
Truckless

Not sure if 4wheelparts sells tech 1 rockcrawlers anymore. But I had them before 16x8" 4.25" backspacing. Get a 1" spacer and you would be at 3.25". If you have less than 3" of lift you will rub the rear fenders with the wheels that far out. Just my
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-20-2006, 09:43 AM
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to mikesdoublecab
dont know how far Castro is from L.A., but i have a wheel and tire guy who owns and wheels a taco, so he knows who to order from... i got my d windows from him in the backspace i wanted, and when i got my d window streetlocks, he was able to order mine in 4" backspace when everywhere else i went would only get me 4.5" for the taco... he even offered to get my set in 3.75" but i opted to go 4"... he ordered my set from AWC if that helps...

2001 Doublecab * Engage Offroad LT with King coilovers and bypasses

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode