TTORA Forum banner

BBB in Denver Co.

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Iggy 
#1 ·
Just saying hi. I've finally managed to keep a 4X4 for me instead of having my son abscond with it. :eek:

So, I have a 2006 taco ext. cab TRD 4X4 stock except for the air in take, (K&N). I decided to start at level 1 trails and work my way up from there since I don't know what this truck is capable of and I need more experience too. I figure I'll go until the truck or driver can't any more.

Tires are a concern but guys from 4wheeler in Denver said the stock tires are good enough unless I want a lift. Then I could put larger, taller tires on this truck. I'm just after more ground clearance although I have about 9" under the truck now.

I also can't get over the great, flimsy, plastic, front bumper! What a deal!!!

So I'm not sure what I need to change first, bumper+wench, tires, or nothing at all.

Thanks for reading and hello again.

Bill

#2 ·
Welcome! Be sure to check out the CO forum and cottora.org. They are having a get together/swap meet on Saturday the 15th at the Jeffrerson Co fairgrounds in Golden. It's gonna be so cool that even I'll be there! LOL

On Sunday the 16th, they will be running Carnage Canyon in Boulder. I would not recommend it with your truck (protection - at least sliders - are required) but I'm sure there would be room for you to ride along with someone!

#3 ·
Welcome. you won't have any problems on the trail. You might want some armor on level 5 trails and up.

#4 ·
Welcome to TTORA! Glad to have you join us!

#5 ·
The biggest problem I'm running into is the 2006 tacos are to new so nobody has any aftermarket stuff for them, yet. If anyone from Co. knows where I can get sliders for my truck let me know. Thanks.

And a front bumper & wench combo and armor for under the truck and .....

I'm never going to be able to retire!

#8 · (Edited)
Yup, that's it! That set up is what I'm looking for. So where can I find one? That is the problem.

OH, ARB Bull Bars lets see if they have one for an 06.

You know what! They don't list the price and I can't tell if they even have one that fits an 06. And they don't list the price!!!

#9 ·
OK, not bad $$$. The bumper, if they can get one goes for about $1150 and the wench anywhere from $600 to $1200. I suppose I'll need to add some extra spring lift to compensate for the added weight too. I'll find out Monday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.