Gadget and (I believe) Carl at URD, great knowledge and service
Here is my current story about URDusa.com:
Alright, let me explain everything from the very beginning.
1) 07/05/2008: Place order on URDusa.com for Doug Thorley Headers, URD Short Shifter, and Tacoma S/C'd Fuel Upgrade kit.
2) 07/07/2008: Received notice that headers and short shifter shipped. Fuel upgrades would be shipped 07/08/2008.
3) 07/10/2008: Received Headers and Short Shifter.
4) 07/13/2008: Wrote 2 email messages to 2 different departments at URD. Called and left messages on 2 different departments' voicemails. Did not receive an email or call back.
5) 07/15/2008: Finally got an email sent to me indicating that they would look into the situation and get back with me with a tracking number. And if I didn't receive a call or email call another number.
6) 07/15/2008: Called number provided and all it did was ring for 3 minutes. Tried again 2 hours later...still no response. Tried once more 3 hours later. Nothing. Tried calling office. No answers on all ends.
7) 07/16/2008: Was emailed another number to call "24x7". Called the number...Was told that the FTC (Fuel Timing Calibrator) was being sent in and would arrive at their facility the next day(hopefully) and it would be sent out with overnight shipping. Apologized for the " up". Said they would contact me the next day and let me know regardless of whether it was sent out or not. Received a notice later that evening under Order Status that my order has been "Shipped"??? I thought we were waiting for a part??? Tried to call all numbers...no answer.
8) 07/18/2008: Emailed why no one contacted me. Called office. Talked to Gadget. Said he would look into it. Called the "other" number. Left message.
9) 07/19/2008: Still no box. Still no email. Still no phone call.
I payed $1228.98 for just the fuel upgrade kit. I payed $2053.88 in total for all my parts. Don't you think someone who has payed this much and remained patient...deserves better service? I understand they are very knowledgable...etc. I don't get how I get my headers/short shifter in 3 days...and wait 11 days and counting(from supposed ship date on "order status")for my fuel upgrade kit. Even worse...no one can give me answers. No one answers the phone. No one gives me a call to let me know of changes. Replies take 2-3 days if someone happens to want to contact me. IM PISSED!
I began ripping into the dissassembly on 07/10/2008 expecting the package to arrive 07/11/2008. Throttle body off...hoses off....supercharger off....injector harnesses cut and tin'd....injectors off....etc. The trucks been sitting with brand new headers and a short shifter for 14 days now. This is my daily driver.
So...beside the frustration and hopelessness....I decided to check out the policies on the URDusa.com website regarding backorders and shipping. Here is what it states:
I understand parts ordered online may or may not be in stock; should an item(s) not be in current inventory, you will receive an e-mail regarding this matter. Should you decide to place the item on backorder it is understood that the part will be charged up front and the part(s) will ship as soon as they arrive in stock, unless other arraignments have been made. You will have the option for an immediate refund if an item is not in stock.
We do our best to ship your products as fast as possible, but we do not guarantee day of shipment. It is not our policy to make a profit on shipping charges. The majority of our shipping is done through the US Post Office and Fed Ex. See shipping delivery time on the www.usps.gov
website and the www.fedex.com
So...I found out 11 days after placing my order that the the FTC in the kit was essentially on "Backorder". I was not offered to cancel at any time and received no notice of the fact that my order was postponed and that the Order Status on my account was incorrect.
In regards to the shipping policy...I don't even know how the fuel upgrade was sent. I assume fedex...but received no tracking numbers. I can't guess how big the box is...or how heavy it is...or even where it's being shipped from. I can guess...but you can't estimate delivery time for a past date on fedex.com. What the hell?
Does anyone know of another company that sells a kit comparable to URD's? I'd like to recreate the parts listed in the kit as they have loads of threads and write-ups regarding the kits and how good they are. Has anyone else experienced this with URD? I don't think I will purchase products from URDusa.com again. If I do happen to decide to buy something from them, I'll make sure to call instead of placing an online order. I suggest all you future URD customers do the same.