"Bad Vendor Experiences" - Page 3 - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 186 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 07:25 AM
Veteran Member

SAM'S Offraod in Tulsa Ok

I called Sam's because I bough an LSD here and was going to be a bit lazy on the install. Rick who got some good reviews took the call.
I asked how much to install a LSD. He asked you have the LSD? I replied yes. He starts with "that will be 7 hours labor at $65 an hour". So I replied ok that about $420 I know its not exact but I was driving and talking on the phone so it was an approximate and his reply " NO I said it will be 7 hours at $65 hour" I said "ok I was close" and then he adds "the shims and bearing and seals are going to run you an additional $240 and that is if we have them in stock". I guess he could sense the fact I was bout to advise him on the fact he was not producing gold over there because then he started on the scare tactics. "You know Tacoma rears all have different size bearings and you don't know till you get them apart" I said "WTF are you talking about" his reply was "well all the Tacoma's came out with different size bearings and they were not too particular about what rear end went into what model".
I said exceuse me I don't believe that is quite true and he replies "yeah it is and we have several installs where they did not get all new bearings and only got some or 1/2 new bearings" I asked you mean the bearings that go in the axles themselves?" "No the ones in the 3rd member". I replied so " so you want about $700 to install a LSD that I already have" and he says that is not what I said and lists the prices again like I am some kind of dumbass.
I realize SAM's has a great reputation but come on thats a bit much!
It has been 15 years since I did any 3rd member work but I will save a bit of cash and ask for some help when the time comes.

Tulsa mech's also want $1000 for adjusting the valves on my 3rz. whatever!

THE BLACK PEARL
current modsroperly inflated tires
(maxed out my skill level on this one)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 186 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 10:23 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by traxman25 View Post
wtf Scootn2nature? I'm lost...
WOW was I drunk

2000 2.7l x-cab 4wd.
mods .........yes
post #63 of 186 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 10:40 AM
Veteran Member

The 4wp's thing..............it's almost impossible not to get parts from them the list of companies they own is SCARY.......companies you would never think

I can't find the list anymore........If someone else can please post it

2000 2.7l x-cab 4wd.
mods .........yes
post #64 of 186 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 10:43 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtski908 View Post
I was told to call chris at trdparts4u (Toyota of Dallas) and was given the number. I called and I asked the person that answered if I could speak to Chris King. He said, "Hold on a minute." I then heard the person say something to someone in the background and then I heard someone else make the statement, "Tell him I'm in a meeting and I'll call him back."

Needless to say I never got a call back. I was told Chris could give good advice about OME suspension systems etc.

I wound up calling Demello and talked to Jason who talked to me and gave me good advice; when I do buy a suspension system next year it will be through Demello Offroad (due to their no BS customer service ability).

Kel
RARE...FLUKE..........
BFD.......call back people get busy.........

2000 2.7l x-cab 4wd.
mods .........yes
post #65 of 186 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 10:54 PM

Say NO to Beadlock Specialties in Fresno

Details here: Vendor Alert: Beadlock Specialties in Fresno

Here's the condensed version.

Iím writing this because I want everyone to know what crooks they are and want you to steer away from them. Let me preface by saying that Iíve exhausted all available venues to resolve this issue privately and peacefully. Iíd done my job trying to make it work, but it just wasnít going to happen. Iíve phoned and emailed the vendor repeatedly and offered ways where we can both be happy, but in the end they showed their true colors. Iíve wasted money and almost 2 months in delays. Everything was in private until now.

Short Version:
9/10/07 I called and Tammy from Beadlock Specialties answered. I asked a few questions and got a quote of $338 for a set of 5/8th inch thick rings on 16x8 AR Chamber Teflons. There was a series of ďplaysĒ on their part which resulted in a negotiation where I will have Eagle Alloy 185s instead, but they will tap the Monster Valves for me for free. I was promised a delivery date of 2 days before the Meet and Greet III in City of Industry-in time for me to install them. Wheels showed up days late and the valves were not tapped. The rings were also not what Iíve ordered. They are 3/8th inch instead of 5/8th inch thick. Clint told me afterwards he doesnít know how to tap them. OkÖ Iíll let that go. They agreed that the rings are wrong and would make another set for me when I return them (on their UPS account). Fair enough. Clint told me it would take a week to get them back to me. I called after a week and left a message. No one called me back. Repeated a few more times and finally was told he was missing materials.

Finally after 2 weeks (10/16/07), I got the rings, but these rings are Ĺ inch thick instead of 5/8th as Iíve initially ordered. They are also stained. I called back the next day and told them they are wrong again and was by Tammy that CNC machine have a tolerance and that 1/4th of an inch is perfectly acceptable. I asked whey they didnít put that disclaimer on the website, she said nothing. She encouraged me to return the wheels, but she would deduct 25% for restocking fee. Thatís $360! I asked if they would make another set at the correct thickness, they said no. I asked if they would give me a discount, they said no. I took it to dispute with Discover Card. Not much help there. I wasted almost a month with Discover Card.

So whatís the big deal about 1/4th of an inch? Itís the principle. You see, Iím stubborn like that. If I feel Iím right, Iíll fight for it. I believe if you continue to acquiesce and tolerate, youíre an accomplice to the crooks. Theyíve tasted softness and are encouraged to continue their ways.

So the issue I have with this vendor is as followed.

1. Vendor did not honor agreed upon price.
2. Vendor did not deliver the proper rings.
3. Vendor did not drill and tap Monster Valves as promised.
4. Vendor did not deliver on time.
5. Vendor failed to communicate.
6. Second set of rings did not arrive in a timely fashion.
7. Rings were not as promised. Wrong thickness.
8. Rings were again stained (see picture below).
9. Vendor refuse to admit fault
10. Vendor wants to charge me a restocking fee for sending me product that was out of specifications.
11. If product does indeed have a variance as giant as 1/8th of an inch that should be posted on their website (www.beadlockspecialties.com). CNC machines typically have at least a tolerance level of at least 0.005 inch, not 0.125 inch.

So let my mishap serve as a guide. STEER AWAY FROM BEADLOCK SPECIALTIES.

If you're a masochist, you can read the rest of it by clicking on the link in the first line.

--( )--T O Y O T A--( )--

Sandoo Blue FJ
AP adjustable front and rear reservoir shocks. Pro Links. AP front and rear bumpers. Demello skid. LTB with Taco rims. Mile Marker SE9500C. Viking Trail Line. Trail Gear Sliders, Lightforce Blitz 240.

Say NO to Beadlock Specialties!
post #66 of 186 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 11:55 PM

4 wheel Direct in El Cajon, Ca. is the worst. They did work on my truck at drilled 2 holes in the radiator then got mad when I expected them to pay for a new radiator. They also have a horrible habit of putting a sticker across a customers windshield advertising their company. They do this without asking the customer then get pissed when you tell them to take it off.

Also Toyota of El Cajon. They encourage their salesmen to lie and say whatever to get a sale done. Chino Torres is the salesman who lied his butt off about leasing and as a result I had to turn my 97' Tacoma in and walk away from it because of his lies. I also had never missed a payment nor was I ever late on a payment. The ownership took the sides of the salesman and didn't even do a thing to tryan and get it to where I could refinance the truck.

My current one:
2007 Tacoma 4X4 extended cab TRD off road package. Speedway Blue
5100 Bilstein shocks set to 2.5", Rear leaf TSB, Randy Ellis design lightbar, 4 Piaa 80 racing series off road lights from my 97' Tacoma.

My last one:
1997 Tacoma 4X4 extended cab.
White
Pre runner bumper, 4 PIAA 80 racing series off road lights, American eagle rims, 31" BFG All Terrains and a few other little things. Lost her in 01' because of a bad lease deal.(Will never lease again!)
post #67 of 186 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 11:54 AM
Veteran Member

I'm totally with ya man. Give those bastards hell. What a rip. I hate what passes for customer service these days! Fight the good fight!!
post #68 of 186 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 05:30 PM

i guess im another guy thats been "had" by 4wheelparts. wes made it sound like he was getting my rims/tires to me in 5 days. turned into 20 and now im looking into 2 months for some damn rims! Of course, they charged my card right away though

2000 2.7l 4x4 extended cab 5 speed with factory 4.30 gears.

Saw 2.0, Toytec AAL with bilstein 5125's, 16 in mojave teflons wrapped in 285/75 Mickey MTZ's.
post #69 of 186 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 07:04 PM
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

ask for your money back, and get yer rims somewhere else!

1999 4Runner 3.4l 4x4

post #70 of 186 (permalink) Old 02-27-2008, 12:38 AM

4 wheel parts, fresno

they really live up to their stereotype, sucking ass as usual. Bought the rear 5100s. Go home open the box, something seemed add, the box had some extra tape on it, just as it was opened before, thoght oh well, shocks looked good, no leaks, no scratches. Then a week after, during the lift install realized that the upper nuts dont feet. So had to put the stack bills back on for a week. Turns out that their had lost install kit. So it was not just open box, but had missing parts. And yes, the 4WP blames the UPS for bad handling and box damage and parts lost, bla bla bla. Fuckers wont even aplogized for making me wait for another week, or the hasle of install reinstall time waisted. Well it was the first and last time.

white 07 DC auto trd off road 4x4
SAWs, Alcans leafs, Bills, and BFGs.
post #71 of 186 (permalink) Old 02-27-2008, 04:17 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustam B View Post
they really live up to their stereotype, sucking ass as usual. Bought the rear 5100s. Go home open the box, something seemed add, the box had some extra tape on it, just as it was opened before, thoght oh well, shocks looked good, no leaks, no scratches. Then a week after, during the lift install realized that the upper nuts dont feet. So had to put the stack bills back on for a week. Turns out that their had lost install kit. So it was not just open box, but had missing parts. And yes, the 4WP blames the UPS for bad handling and box damage and parts lost, bla bla bla. Fuckers wont even aplogized for making me wait for another week, or the hasle of install reinstall time waisted. Well it was the first and last time.
damn i hope you didn't email them about the problem.....
post #72 of 186 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehackman15 View Post
damn i hope you didn't email them about the problem.....

lol...speeling is kool!

Degenerate
'11 Tacoma
post #73 of 186 (permalink) Old 05-16-2008, 07:28 PM

I am getting jerked around by URD....

I ordered the 7th Injector Kit, 2.2 Pulley, JBA Headers and a JBA Catback from them in early April. They shipped me the wrong headers and I received a damaged catback. I called Brian regarding the headers and agreed to ship them back so he could replace them. Shortly after this is when I recieved the damaged exhaust. I left Brian a message regarding the damaged exhaust on Monday and never received a reply. I called today (Friday) and spoke with Brian trying to get the tracking info for the replacement headers and was told he would call me back in ten minutes.... he never called. I tried several times to contact him only to be left high and dry.

I could have purchased the headers and exhaust from a local supplier who my company deals with at the same price. I did a package deal with URD because I want to support a smaller company like this. I really feel let down. All I wanted to know was whether my headers were already shipped. If they couldn't get me my parts in time I would have been happy to cancel the order for the headers and purchased them locally. Brian wouldn't even call me back.... I am really let down by URD. I really hope they redeem themselves...........

UPDATE: URD called me today cancelled my header order and refunded me the costs. I am now going to get them locally... This is what I proposed and they were happy to accomodate that. I am happy now, as are they... Now, time to get this thing on....

2002 Tacoma Ext Cab Stepside 4x4 TRD 3.4, SC'd, URD 7th, JBA headers and catback,Toytec CO's, Custom Rear Leaf Pack with 5150's, 265/75R16 BFG AT on Teflon Mojaves, ARB Front Bumper with Lightforce XGT's

Last edited by nruller; 05-19-2008 at 03:48 PM.
post #74 of 186 (permalink) Old 05-16-2008, 08:36 PM

Thumbs down Toytec

I had a bad experience with Toytec. The 550lb springs on the Toytec coilovers were warping in towards the shock body til it looked like they might rub, so Doug sent replacement springs, which I changed out. Same thing happened again, so he ask me to send them in. He said nothing was wrong with them, and sent them back, only they never showed up. Doug told me it was "suspicious" that they were missing. He was inferring that I took them and was commiting fraud. In the end, he said I could take a used set or a partial refund. I was fed up by this time and just wanted my money back, but he insisted on shorting me $125., even though he shipped them insured UPS. I'll never deal with him again

Pete

'04 Taco TRD SR5 4x4 3.4L 5spd, CBI bumpers & sliders, Bilstein coilovers, custom Alcans/Bilstein 5100s, 16x8 MT classic III, Bushwacker flares, deckplate mod, free alarm mod, 265/75/16 Nitto A/Ts.

'15 4Runner Trail

'11 Lexus ISF

Last edited by Tacotex; 04-06-2009 at 11:59 PM.
post #75 of 186 (permalink) Old 07-19-2008, 02:34 PM

[QUOTE=Bear;14078]
Gadget and (I believe) Carl at URD, great knowledge and service
QUOTE]

Here is my current story about URDusa.com:

Alright, let me explain everything from the very beginning.

1) 07/05/2008: Place order on URDusa.com for Doug Thorley Headers, URD Short Shifter, and Tacoma S/C'd Fuel Upgrade kit.

2) 07/07/2008: Received notice that headers and short shifter shipped. Fuel upgrades would be shipped 07/08/2008.

3) 07/10/2008: Received Headers and Short Shifter.

4) 07/13/2008: Wrote 2 email messages to 2 different departments at URD. Called and left messages on 2 different departments' voicemails. Did not receive an email or call back.

5) 07/15/2008: Finally got an email sent to me indicating that they would look into the situation and get back with me with a tracking number. And if I didn't receive a call or email call another number.

6) 07/15/2008: Called number provided and all it did was ring for 3 minutes. Tried again 2 hours later...still no response. Tried once more 3 hours later. Nothing. Tried calling office. No answers on all ends.

7) 07/16/2008: Was emailed another number to call "24x7". Called the number...Was told that the FTC (Fuel Timing Calibrator) was being sent in and would arrive at their facility the next day(hopefully) and it would be sent out with overnight shipping. Apologized for the " up". Said they would contact me the next day and let me know regardless of whether it was sent out or not. Received a notice later that evening under Order Status that my order has been "Shipped"??? I thought we were waiting for a part??? Tried to call all numbers...no answer.

8) 07/18/2008: Emailed why no one contacted me. Called office. Talked to Gadget. Said he would look into it. Called the "other" number. Left message.

9) 07/19/2008: Still no box. Still no email. Still no phone call.

I payed $1228.98 for just the fuel upgrade kit. I payed $2053.88 in total for all my parts. Don't you think someone who has payed this much and remained patient...deserves better service? I understand they are very knowledgable...etc. I don't get how I get my headers/short shifter in 3 days...and wait 11 days and counting(from supposed ship date on "order status")for my fuel upgrade kit. Even worse...no one can give me answers. No one answers the phone. No one gives me a call to let me know of changes. Replies take 2-3 days if someone happens to want to contact me. IM PISSED!

I began ripping into the dissassembly on 07/10/2008 expecting the package to arrive 07/11/2008. Throttle body off...hoses off....supercharger off....injector harnesses cut and tin'd....injectors off....etc. The trucks been sitting with brand new headers and a short shifter for 14 days now. This is my daily driver.

So...beside the frustration and hopelessness....I decided to check out the policies on the URDusa.com website regarding backorders and shipping. Here is what it states:

BACKORDERS:
I understand parts ordered online may or may not be in stock; should an item(s) not be in current inventory, you will receive an e-mail regarding this matter. Should you decide to place the item on backorder it is understood that the part will be charged up front and the part(s) will ship as soon as they arrive in stock, unless other arraignments have been made. You will have the option for an immediate refund if an item is not in stock.

SHIPPING:
We do our best to ship your products as fast as possible, but we do not guarantee day of shipment. It is not our policy to make a profit on shipping charges. The majority of our shipping is done through the US Post Office and Fed Ex. See shipping delivery time on the www.usps.gov website and the www.fedex.com website.

So...I found out 11 days after placing my order that the the FTC in the kit was essentially on "Backorder". I was not offered to cancel at any time and received no notice of the fact that my order was postponed and that the Order Status on my account was incorrect.
In regards to the shipping policy...I don't even know how the fuel upgrade was sent. I assume fedex...but received no tracking numbers. I can't guess how big the box is...or how heavy it is...or even where it's being shipped from. I can guess...but you can't estimate delivery time for a past date on fedex.com. What the hell?

Does anyone know of another company that sells a kit comparable to URD's? I'd like to recreate the parts listed in the kit as they have loads of threads and write-ups regarding the kits and how good they are. Has anyone else experienced this with URD? I don't think I will purchase products from URDusa.com again. If I do happen to decide to buy something from them, I'll make sure to call instead of placing an online order. I suggest all you future URD customers do the same.
post #76 of 186 (permalink) Old 08-21-2008, 12:45 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to The Boy
i know they really arent a vendor, but NEVER GO TO THOUSAND OAKS TOYOTA!!!

if you live in this area just got to simi or ventura!!!

http://ttora.com/forum/showthread.ph...70#post1343470

read and learn! second page
this isnt the only thing thats hapened to me there, had a few others pluse with my friends buying a used car, oh and one scion tc...

dont use thousand oaks toyota!! they have also been proven to be ranked 5th in the nation to doing illegal repairs, repairs not okayed by owned and being charged for it... never thougt anything of it when i heard, but now i understand...

Facebook group Yotamania https://www.facebook.com/groups/7004...15649/?fref=ts

2007 Tacoma PreRunner
4.0, x-cab, 5 speed auto, TRD off road, KC light bar, (2) KC daylighters, (2) Hella 500s, CAI, Bestop soft shell, Custom Bed Lights, Cobra CB, Kenwood head unit, Sony Xplod 10" sub, Dual 400w amp, Supercrewsound sub box

1988 Honda Hawk GT 650
https://www.facebook.com/robert.grout.79

Future Elio owner www.eliomotors.com
post #77 of 186 (permalink) Old 09-04-2008, 06:48 PM

I just saw this in another forum...... i will paste it up......some info

Quote:

The following companies below are owned/operated by Bear Stearns Merchant Banking,
BStMB repays $38.5 million to settle fraud charges
who owns just some of the following companies below:

Transamerican Auto Parts,
paid BSA $75,000 for unlicensed Microsoft and Symantec software

4 Wheel Parts Performance Centers
False & Misleading Statements

Explorer Pro Comp Suspension (made in India),
Pro Competition Tire Company, (made by Cooper Tire Co.)
Two Recalls in one Year

Off-Road Adventures .
Four Wheel Drive Hardware,
Performance Products 4trucks.com
BBB Rating (F)
Smittybilt Products
Genuine Gear (made in china)
10 others

CURRENT Unsatisfactory BBB Reports of which this company has FAILED TO RESPOND, giving very bad experiences below. All companies have complaints, but failing to respond may add insult to injury, salt in the wound

Albuquerque, NM

Jacksonville, FL

Bakersfield, CA

Chula Vista, CA

Tampa, FL

Portland, OR

Memphis, TN

TOPIC SEARCHED: 4 Wheel Parts Complaint

Post Your Good, Bad, and Ugly

(NHTSA) Office of Defects Investigation

SEARCH:: Department of Consumer Affairs (YOUR STATE)
(BAR) Bureau of Automotive Repair Consumer Affairs

(FTC) Federal Trade Commission

(IFCC) Internet Fraud Complaint Center

(Attorney General) Public Inquiry Unit

(EPA) (Spilling Oil & Antifreeze)

(BBB) Better Business Bureau

1 3 5
|-|-|-|
2 4 6 R

Last edited by RiceBurner; 09-05-2008 at 01:31 PM.
post #78 of 186 (permalink) Old 09-04-2008, 09:01 PM
Veteran Member
TTORA GOLD Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacotex View Post
I had a bad experience with Toytec. The 550 coils were warping in towards the shock body til it looked like they might rub, so Doug sent replacement springs, which I changed out. Same thing happened again, so he ask me to send them in. He said nothing was wrong with them, and sent them back, only they never showed up. Doug told me it was "suspicious" that they were missing. He was inferring that I took them and was commiting fraud. In the end, he said I could take a used set or a partial refund. I was fed up by this time and just wanted my money back, but he insisted on shorting me $125., even though he shipped them insured UPS. I'll never deal with him again
Hello again Peter,
I am offended you posted this after everything we did to resolve your problem.
We paid shipping 3 times over this and shipped you coils for free (we paid for the coils also after Eibach told us there was not a problem with the coils we sent back to them). There where never any signs the coils would cause a problem acording to Eibach and I have to agree with them they are the experts. I will also add we have never had a single problem with ANY other set we have sold in 5 years.
Another set of coilovers were delivered to your address and came up missing; after that you chose to accept the refund we agreed on instead of us shipping you another set of coilovers? Looking at your post's here it is aparent you already had another set of coilover's on your truck.
I am not sure there is any other company out there that would go as far as we did on this. You will learn this in time I am sure....
You can't threaten every company like you did all along with us and expect they will do whatever you want to avoid a post on an online forum if your demands are unreasonable.

http://www.toyteclifts.com

PM me with any questions.
post #79 of 186 (permalink) Old 09-07-2008, 09:49 PM
Member Dismemberer

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to ShowStop
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceBurner View Post

I would have to agree on your decision
Have you purchased from any of these vendors and have a bad experience to share or just like to chat up this thread? This thread is only for people to report their experience, not for bandwagoning.

Update - Previous posts removed due to them being unsubstantiated and just plain inflammatory.

Last edited by ShowStop; 09-08-2008 at 10:31 AM.
post #80 of 186 (permalink) Old 09-23-2008, 10:23 AM

05-up customers beware. I just received my bumper on 9/22 (that was ordered and paid for on 4/21). I will post photos to tell the story but this bumper is not what it should be for $700+ dollars. Very poor welds, recovery points welded to 3/16" material only, the mounting brackets are not fully welded. I attempted to have Anthony correct the problems and he refused. So in an effort to keep other from making the same mistake I will share what you get for 5 months of lead time and $700+ dollars. The worst part for me is that I have the skill and equipment to do it myself but lack the time. So I thought way not let Anthony build it for me. Very bad decision. Now I will be spending even more time fixing his mistakes and short comings. Buyer beware.

Over Kill Offroad.

2006 Tacoma TRD-Sport
2011 BMW Z4 35is
2011 Ford Raptor (on order)
post #81 of 186 (permalink) Old 09-25-2008, 10:16 AM

Anthony,
You are more than stretching the truth here. I will be posting photos very soon so this is no doubt about my complaints. Who in there right mind welds a 5/8" thick recovery point to 3/16" cold rolled steel and expect it to actually work with no supporting gusseting or tie it to the mounting brackets? On to your mounting brackets, why make them from two pieces that have a single pass butt weld? Why weld the mounting brackets only on one side? Light holes, why a 5"+ opening for a 4" light? Why do you not clean the slag off your beads? Why not grind your welds smooth on the cosmetic ends?

Shouldn't be a clue to you that you have some issues if two out of three of your customers are not happy? You say you stand behind your products however when I came to you with complaints all I get is too bad. Funny how you post pictures after the bumper shipped. Never sent me a single photo directly.

My mistake was trusting someone I thought was a stand up TTORA sponser. I am now looking at several hours of welding and grinding then re-powder coating before I can even mount this thing. This is time I do not have and money I should not have to spend. I simply asked to send the bumper back for a refund and forget this ever happened. Since that was refused as he claim of "I got what I ordered" I want to bring this out in public and hope to prevent others from making the same mistakes.

2006 Tacoma TRD-Sport
2011 BMW Z4 35is
post #82 of 186 (permalink) Old 09-25-2008, 01:28 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to Backwoodsboy
the thing i would have a problem with is the second buyers problems.....the linex was pealing off and the bumper was too wide for the truck. that purchaser did not order the bumper like that, he didnt make the mistakes one the building of that bumper, and personally if that were me and i ordered it i would be pissed too. and no i wouldnt except me having to pay for shippin costs back to you when you are the one who made the mistake. i would pay for shippin if i was promised to be reimbursed but to have to cover shipping cost back to you for a problem that was your fault and not the buyers if i read that right. if nothing else give him a bigger discount and he get it fixed locally instead of dealing with shipping. Im not tryin to start a pissing match here but that is an outsiders view and input and my hope yall get it worked out and everyone goes on their way happy and satisfied with the results.

89 Toyota Pickup
post #83 of 186 (permalink) Old 09-25-2008, 03:27 PM

Oh great Now I need to mount the thing to see if he "missed" measured mine as well.

Unbelievable.

"The issues are isolated, and are fixed on all but one of my bumpers due to be shipped, and that one will be addressed before shipping. God Bless"

So what about those of us that received your mistakes?

2006 Tacoma TRD-Sport
2011 BMW Z4 35is
post #84 of 186 (permalink) Old 09-25-2008, 08:13 PM

Anthony,
I sent you a private message a day ago for which I have not received a response. I am still requesting a refund for this bumper.
Thanks,
Charles Carnel
post #85 of 186 (permalink) Old 09-25-2008, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Bolt View Post
Oh great Now I need to mount the thing to see if he "missed" measured mine as well.

Unbelievable.

"The issues are isolated, and are fixed on all but one of my bumpers due to be shipped, and that one will be addressed before shipping. God Bless"

So what about those of us that received your mistakes?

The 5" hole for a 4" light thing is typical, and besides the prototype had 1.5"x2.5" lights in 2.5"x3.5 holes. see the trend. Maybe it would have looked better with flush holes, but either way should have been acceptable as no preferance was stated.

The mounting brackets on the prototype were the same as yours, welded the same way.

It isn't 2 out of 3 disapointed customers. I have been selling bumpers for almost 10 years. I sold one more today. Thanks for the publicity by the way.

Look, I understand that you are disappointed, that you pumped up some image of the ideal bumper in your head, and mine was not up to that standard to you, design or otherwise. You can not like the bumper all you want. With Gas prices so high and the economy on a downward spiral, I'd probably have buyers remorse too. But the bumper is what it is, and that's what you ordered.

You want to ship me the bumper, I can fix YOUR concerns, not my mistakes, and ship it back, or I can just refund you $134 which is what return shipping would cost me. OR, I can build the bumper to your newly stated standard and ship you that one. But I am not giving you a full refund. God Bless

overkill_eng@msn.com email for Quote
post #86 of 186 (permalink) Old 09-25-2008, 11:18 PM
Veteran Member

i know you arent really supposed to post in here unless you have a vendor complaint, but are there any pics of either of these two bumpers? I, as well as the other people that follow this thread im sure, would love to see what you consider bad welds, bad recovery point design, and light holes that are too big. I only post this because all the pictures of OverKill's stuff i have seen seem to be good products?

05 PSD with 38s and 20s, bling bling!
post #87 of 186 (permalink) Old 09-26-2008, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverKillOffRoad-AP View Post
The 5" hole for a 4" light thing is typical, and besides the prototype had 1.5"x2.5" lights in 2.5"x3.5 holes. see the trend. Maybe it would have looked better with flush holes, but either way should have been acceptable as no preferance was stated.

The mounting brackets on the prototype were the same as yours, welded the same way.

It isn't 2 out of 3 disapointed customers. I have been selling bumpers for almost 10 years. I sold one more today. Thanks for the publicity by the way.

Look, I understand that you are disappointed, that you pumped up some image of the ideal bumper in your head, and mine was not up to that standard to you, design or otherwise. You can not like the bumper all you want. With Gas prices so high and the economy on a downward spiral, I'd probably have buyers remorse too. But the bumper is what it is, and that's what you ordered.

You want to ship me the bumper, I can fix YOUR concerns, not my mistakes, and ship it back, or I can just refund you $134 which is what return shipping would cost me. OR, I can build the bumper to your newly stated standard and ship you that one. But I am not giving you a full refund. God Bless
The light mount is completely ridiculous. I sent you a CAD drawing of the light. Again this is not my chief complaint. Your overall design is not bad. However your fabrication is total crap. I will attempt to get photos up today. I am waist deep in a house remodel right now so my time is very limited. Money is not the issue so don't even play in that park. The only remorse I have is seeing the lack of quality in your work. I would gladly accept a new bumper with all the problems corrected. Do I get to wait another 5 months for the replacement? As soon as I recieve the new bumper I will send this one back. Why did you not offer that from day one? I have repeatedly given you my phone number to call me yet you never have. How about giving me your number?

2006 Tacoma TRD-Sport
2011 BMW Z4 35is
post #88 of 186 (permalink) Old 09-26-2008, 07:59 AM

I still have not received the private message.
Thanks
Charles Carnel
post #89 of 186 (permalink) Old 09-26-2008, 09:26 PM

Actually Anthony has offered to fix the problems w/the bumpers and also he has offered to build new ones if you would ship the ones you are dissappointed back. But no you two like to complain anyway. I know that my husband has admited to the mistakes and would love to make you 2 happy. I do keep his books up and as for telling him exactly how you want the bumper you didn't tell him u wanted this flush with this and that. You both saw the pics of the bumpers b4 he sent them out and you were both happy w/the product. As for some thinking he doesn't spend alot of time working on his products. I can tell you he does, and so can my 3 kids!!!!!!!
post #90 of 186 (permalink) Old 09-27-2008, 06:53 AM

I don't understand why you and your husband keep mentioning that I saw the pictures and was happy with the bumper. Yes the pictures look good.... but that has nothing to do with the fact that the bumper does not fit. No one could tell from those pictures that the bumper was dimensionally out of spec.

Anthony has even admitted that he measured incorrectly and therefore made the bumper out of spec for the both the mounting tabs and the bumper's exterior dimensions.

The linex coating was also badly damaged when it arrived.

I have done little complaining and have in fact made every effort to solve this peaceably through PM/email. I still have not received a message back from Anthony as promised. I simply requested a refund.

Now that Anthony has admitted that the bumper is out of spec and incorrectly made should I really even be paying for shipping back?
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode