DEMELLO's NEW BOLT ON 95-04 Sliders - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-27-2006, 02:19 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to cb77DEMELLO Send a message via Yahoo to cb77DEMELLO
DEMELLO's NEW BOLT ON 95-04 Sliders

Better late than never!

As promissed we changed our 95-04 bolt on slider design so now you only have to drill 2 holes! One on each fram rail 2 total!

These sliders are availible in a DIY kit, bare metal and powder coated.

The first batch of powder coated bolt on's is on it's way to Performance Products.

Cost
Powder coated bolt on $549.00

Baremetal $449.00

DIY kit $349.00
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-27-2006, 02:28 PM
Banned

The Dick won.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-27-2006, 02:30 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulW
The Dick won.
Maybe this will shut him up for a while
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-27-2006, 06:29 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to firemandave
man i wish i had the new style of sliders. it was a pain drilling those bottom sixteen holes then the other 2 main. Not to mention had to do a little filing to enlarge one. Looks good though.

1998 Tacoma 4x4 limited Trd
"Welcome to Thunder Dome B$^&h"
http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...anDave/Tacoma/
Myspace

Sold my toy and went to the dark side for a '11 gmc sierra with 6.2 liter and 6" lift. Miss it every day

Aviation Ordnance/United States Marine Corps
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-27-2006, 06:32 PM
Toyota Trail Rider

They need a kickout...but look nice
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-27-2006, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemandave
man i wish i had the new style of sliders. it was a pain drilling those bottom sixteen holes then the other 2 main. Not to mention had to do a little filing to enlarge one. Looks good though.
We just found a good way to drill those. You take a floor jack put the drill on it use the jack to apply presure to the drill and away you go! My guys can install those sliders in less than a hour But yes these don't require that.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-27-2006, 07:05 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMAN
They need a kickout...but look nice
Were not a big fan of the kick out. We see where it could be use-ful but we would rather go over the rock then let the face of the wheel slam into the rock. That being said we have done them on request before.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-27-2006, 08:56 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to firemandave
ya i like the design right now but im pry going to design some removeable hoops soon. I recently got some body damage that if i had some hoops it pry wouldnt have happened. But using the floor jack is a pretty good idea, but i like knowing im in full control of the tools.

1998 Tacoma 4x4 limited Trd
"Welcome to Thunder Dome B$^&h"
http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...anDave/Tacoma/
Myspace

Sold my toy and went to the dark side for a '11 gmc sierra with 6.2 liter and 6" lift. Miss it every day

Aviation Ordnance/United States Marine Corps
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-27-2006, 09:05 PM
Veteran Member

I do not have kick out sliders, but I sure wish I did. I have seen on numerous occasions how they work A LOT better than your average straight sliders. Mainly regarding trees. But ANY slider is better than No slider!
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-28-2006, 07:43 AM

I just got my square tubes DO's bolted up this week. It took a while for the driver's side becasue I had to move most of the brake lines out of the way. Most of the relocations were easy, but the lines closest to the gas tank took some time, becasue I had to figure out how to raise them up so they would not rub on the top part of the flange of the slider. I finally used a small black metal grommet that came with the sliders. I took the grommet, raised the plastic brake line "keeper" until the round attachment was out of the hole in the frame, and put the grommet in it's place. Now I will just have to test it out to insure that it does not fall off under bumpy wheeling. I may have to tack weld it in place. The total time for the driver's side took me about 4.5 hours, mostly because it was a new experience, I was without help, and my compressor was not strong enough to power the right angle drill for the front hole you drill in the frame.

The passenger side only took me an hour.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-28-2006, 01:21 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perchjerker
I just got my square tubes DO's bolted up this week. It took a while for the driver's side becasue I had to move most of the brake lines out of the way. Most of the relocations were easy, but the lines closest to the gas tank took some time, becasue I had to figure out how to raise them up so they would not rub on the top part of the flange of the slider. I finally used a small black metal grommet that came with the sliders. I took the grommet, raised the plastic brake line "keeper" until the round attachment was out of the hole in the frame, and put the grommet in it's place. Now I will just have to test it out to insure that it does not fall off under bumpy wheeling. I may have to tack weld it in place. The total time for the driver's side took me about 4.5 hours, mostly because it was a new experience, I was without help, and my compressor was not strong enough to power the right angle drill for the front hole you drill in the frame.

The passenger side only took me an hour.
These new one's are a little easier because there isn't 8 holes to drill per side. How long ago did you buy your Sqaure bolt on's? I can't remeber the last time we did a set of those?
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-28-2006, 02:10 PM
STITCH - Come and Take it!

Garage
Good redesign on the clamp on. Never a fan of where the bolts were facing the ground. To much potential for a rock shearing off the head.
Looks great!

Ciao! - - Nathan
South Central-TTORA Regional Director of TX, AR, MO, KS & OK.
The "UN"-Official TTORA Welcomer
WOOKIE - '01 Tacoma DCab (some mods - click here)
'00 BMW Z3 (more mods) + '12 MINI Countryman ALL4 (NO mods)
Have fun and do not wheel alone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedemon55 View Post
i have to say i'd like to be the first person to jack off on your garage floor....
www.Z3POWER.net
TTORA Member since Nov 18, 2005 - - TLCA Member since June 4, 2008 - - EX-PO Member since Nov 18, 2005
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-28-2006, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb77DEMELLO
These new one's are a little easier because there isn't 8 holes to drill per side. How long ago did you buy your Sqaure bolt on's? I can't remeber the last time we did a set of those?

I got them in last week. I think they are called "rock crushers." They are square tube I ordered them that way because I did not want them to be weld ons. They look great and seem very strong, I will have an opportunity to test them out in the next two weeks--well, maybe that is. There are not much rocks around here in East Texas, mostly trails.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-29-2006, 09:32 AM
Veteran Member

How difficult is it to get to the one hole per side? Do you need a 90 degree drill, or is there room to get in there with a normal drill. How about some installation and installed product pics. I've been waiting for these for ever, now you've got me all excited and only show them laying on the factory floor!

2002 V6, X-Cab,TRD SUPERCHARGER, IK22 plugs, URD 2.0" pulley, URD 7th injector kit w/ AFR Calibrator, TRD Headers, TRD Cat-Back, AEM Brute Force w/ Dryflow, ported & polished throtle body, URD Crankshaft pulley, 4.56 Motiv gears, ARB RD-90 locker, 255/85/16 TRXuS MT's, DR Coilovers, Camburg UCA, Skyjacker 2.5" leaf springs, Wheeler's SS rear brakeline, Bilstien 5100's, on board air
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-29-2006, 09:48 AM
Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to vistataco
Quote:
Better late than never!

As promissed we changed our 95-04 bolt on slider design so now you only have to drill 2 holes! One on each fram rail 2 total!

These sliders are availible in a DIY kit, bare metal and powder coated.

The first batch of powder coated bolt on's is on it's way to Performance Products.

Cost
Powder coated bolt on $549.00

Baremetal $449.00

DIY kit $349.00
You've been busy! First the FJ bumper and now...new "Dick friendly" bolt on sliders.

So-Cal Staff Member STFU and WHEEL!!!

- 1997 Lexus LX450 Locked F/R, F.O.R. 3.5" coils with 7100's, 35" BFG KM2, DO sliders, DO bumpers, 4.88's, Yaesu 7900 (KJ6VCY), Superwinch 9500, and other do-dads. (Satin black)
2011 Lexus GS350 Pearl White (DD)
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-29-2006, 11:02 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathegood
How difficult is it to get to the one hole per side? Do you need a 90 degree drill, or is there room to get in there with a normal drill. How about some installation and installed product pics. I've been waiting for these for ever, now you've got me all excited and only show them laying on the factory floor!
We will doing some install instructions soon. I don't think we needed a 90* drill but let me look into that before I say that.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-31-2006, 08:09 AM

When I put mine on, I had to use a right angle drill. I guess if you put the sliders on, then marked the hole, took the sliders off and then drilled it, you could probably get it done with a regular drill from the outside.

I drilled the holes with the slider on.

Quote:
We will doing some install instructions soon. I don't think we needed a 90* drill but let me look into that before I say that.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-31-2006, 01:32 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perchjerker
When I put mine on, I had to use a right angle drill. I guess if you put the sliders on, then marked the hole, took the sliders off and then drilled it, you could probably get it done with a regular drill from the outside.

I drilled the holes with the slider on.
That explains alot right there. thanks for the info.
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 01:50 PM

Do you have a price for the bolt on single square tube sliders in bare metal?

Thanks,
Dave

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 10:08 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYOTR
Do you have a price for the bolt on single square tube sliders in bare metal?

Thanks,
Dave
You have mail.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode