New Tacoma Owner - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-19-2005, 01:48 PM Thread Starter

New Tacoma Owner

Hello everyone,
I just bought a 2003 Taco 4X4 X-Cab and I love it. It is my first truck and first 4X4, so I have many questions. 1. how can I keep my steel wheels and chrome bumper from rusting. 2. what is the clunking noise when I shift from 1 to 2. 3. is it normal for the engine to be so loud and feel so laboured(2.7l)
Thats all for now I will appriciate all advice. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-19-2005, 02:18 PM

The 2.7L likes to stick inbetween 2k-3.5k rpm, if you're shifting lower that could be part of the anemic feeling. At least the one in my old 01 was like that. Clicking sound is normal, clunking sound is not. Could you give more detail on the sound or if there is any sticking/difficulty shifting. As for the rust, no clue. Might want to go with a set of alloys and with the chrome bumper, I would be more concerned about any dents in it as it is chrome plated so if you try to un-dent them the chrome plating doesnt always stick.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-19-2005, 02:25 PM

Send a message via AIM to 4BYnTacoma
My truck sometimes gives a pretty good clunk between the gears you mentioned. Before I got my truck I test drove a 4 banger, it was loud and felt laboured, drove the V6 and the rest is history.

2004 V6 5spd 4x4: 2.5 CF Spacers, Bilstein HD's, Deaver 3 Leaf AAL, Rancho 9000's, 15x8 Black Rock Crawlers, 32x1150 BFG Muds

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode