Bilstein - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 03:19 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Newbie

Bilstein

Whats the differance between the 5100 and the 5125?

I ordered the 5100 and got the 5125.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddog096
Whats the differance between the 5100 and the 5125?

I ordered the 5100 and got the 5125.
5100's are the direct replacement shocks, and the 5125's are the Universal shock.

The Tacoma 5100 is a 6.5" on one side and a 6.0" travel on the other with the correct 3/4 ID bushing. Most people use a 8.5" 5125 and change out the bushings to a 3/4 ID and bolt them on for a little extra travel. OR with a lift a 10" 5125 can be used.

Advanced Off-Road Research Inc.
www.aor4x4.com
info@aor4x4.com
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-28-2005, 01:26 PM
truck ~n~ tow

If ya got the 5125's check that one is BES 6253 and the other is BES 6252. I just had the 5125's put on and they put on 6253's on both sides and it droops an inch and more on the drivers side. A 6252 should be on the drivers side. 'Bout 1/2 inch shorter. If your in my area of Hemet. CA. Don't go to Xtreme Performance and Fabrication 'cause these guys haven't a clue about Taco's. Of course I didn't find this out until it's installed. I'm still trying to get them to make it right. I originally ordered the 5100's and they got that wrong too... They have denied they're mistake even after I pointed it out to them. I told them to check with any reputable Toyota shop/mfg. or even the Dealer and they could confirm the difference in lengths. All Taco drivers side Rr. shocks need to be 1/2 inch shorter. 5125's are probably better as they extend more = more travel. "I might be a moron, but... incompetence is even worse".

If your not lifting use the 5100's = 6" and 6 1/2" (travel) respectively. If your lifting 1-3" go with the 5125's = 8" and 8 1/2" (travel) respectively. You'll need the correct bushings with the 5125's as they are a universal and come with the incorrect bushings. Valving is 'bout the same. Make sure inquire that the order is for a Taco so you get the unequal length shocks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootn2nature View Post
so fuck off you little 18 yr old lying ass punk.
'00 Taco SR5, xtrcab, V6, 5-SP, 4X, and some extras...

Truck...
~n~ ...off road action photo's
Trailer...

Truck build --- Trailer build

Last edited by cbrRRman; 06-02-2005 at 12:35 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode