Avoid this Shop !!! - TTORA Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-28-2005, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
truck ~n~ tow
 
TacoDell's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Hemet/SoCal
Posts: 10,885
Avoid this Shop !!!

I've had a bad experience with this shop in Hemet, CA. called XTREME PERFORMANCE and FABRICATION. Had them do an install and they botched the job by not ordering the right parts/rear shocks. And then denying that they screwed up when I pointed out their mistake. I ordered Bilstein 5100's for the rear and they put Fabtech's on. After I pointed that out they re-ordered the Bilsteins but got 5125's instead of the 5100's. That would be ok except the didn't order the the correct part numbers again. Both are BES 6253's and this causes more droop to the drivers side. BES 6252 is the correct length for the drivers side. All Taco's have unequal shock lengths in the rear... 1/2 shorter on the drivers side. Plus they installed my Fab 2.5's and scratched the crap outta them installing them. I knew I should have done the install myself... I'm still waiting for them to correct this. But geezzz I have to prove to them they are wrong... so... after the holiday I gotta take the truck and original shocks back to them so that they may make their own inquery. Hey, all they gotta do is make one phone call to Bilstein to get the facts... When a shop is that lazy... it tells a lot about their work... When I finally get it corrected, I gotta find a new shop... sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootn2nature View Post
so fuck off you little 18 yr old lying ass punk.
'00 Taco SR5, xtrcab, V6, 5-SP, 4X, and some extras...

Truck...
~n~ ...off road action photo's
Trailer...

Truck build --- Trailer build
TacoDell is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-28-2005, 02:57 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Huntington Bch, Ca
Posts: 2,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrRRman
I've had a bad experience with this shop in Hemet, CA. called XTREME PERFORMANCE and FABRICATION. Had them do an install and they botched the job by not ordering the right parts/rear shocks. And then denying that they screwed up when I pointed out their mistake. I ordered Bilstein 5100's for the rear and they put Fabtech's on. After I pointed that out they re-ordered the Bilsteins but got 5125's instead of the 5100's. That would be ok except the didn't order the the correct part numbers again. Both are BES 6253's and this causes more droop to the drivers side. BES 6252 is the correct length for the drivers side. All Taco's have unequal shock lengths in the rear... 1/2 shorter on the drivers side. Plus they installed my Fab 2.5's and scratched the crap outta them installing them. I knew I should have done the install myself... I'm still waiting for them to correct this. But geezzz I have to prove to them they are wrong... so... after the holiday I gotta take the truck and original shocks back to them so that they may make their own inquery. Hey, all they gotta do is make one phone call to Bilstein to get the facts... When a shop is that lazy... it tells a lot about their work... When I finally get it corrected, I gotta find a new shop... sigh...
I believe there is only ONE lenght to the 5125. So, before you attack them, just be sure. The Donahoes, the same. So, I wouldn't sweat that too much. As to the scratches, I wouldn't worry too much unless they hammered the threads, or gored up the shaft. Then, Id have an issue.
rojodiablo is offline  
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-28-2005, 03:58 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Hemet, Socal
Posts: 251
Send a message via AIM to snwbdr Send a message via Yahoo to snwbdr
I've seen a couple of trucks around with stickers for that place....sucks to hear you had a bad experience....you were better off installing all that yourself....
snwbdr is offline  
post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-29-2005, 02:23 PM Thread Starter
truck ~n~ tow
 
TacoDell's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Hemet/SoCal
Posts: 10,885
Thanks rojodiablo, but then I feel they should have put the shocks on that I requested during the install. I ordered 5100's and got 5125's... how's that my fault? If the 5125's are not applicable to the Taco then I should have been advised and I would do my business elsewhere or just order them myself. I'm not trying to badmouth this shop for any other thing except the fact they don't know the differences between a Chevy and Toyota. The shop owner questioned me when I told him the Taco has unequal rear shock lengths... He states, " I've never heard of that. Bring it down to the shop so I can see". And I will. But in all fairness... I heard these guys really know how to tune a engine and that is their best skill. But suspension work is not their forte. Yet they took my money... So I was just warning others so they might be aware of my issues...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootn2nature View Post
so fuck off you little 18 yr old lying ass punk.
'00 Taco SR5, xtrcab, V6, 5-SP, 4X, and some extras...

Truck...
~n~ ...off road action photo's
Trailer...

Truck build --- Trailer build
TacoDell is offline  
post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-29-2005, 02:34 PM
Veteran Member
 
DesertTRD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Californication
Posts: 1,257
Send a message via AIM to DesertTRD
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrRRman
Thanks rojodiablo, but then I feel they should have put the shocks on that I requested during the install. I ordered 5100's and got 5125's... how's that my fault? If the 5125's are not applicable to the Taco then I should have been advised and I would do my business elsewhere or just order them myself. I'm not trying to badmouth this shop for any other thing except the fact they don't know the differences between a Chevy and Toyota. The shop owner questioned me when I told him the Taco has unequal rear shock lengths... He states, " I've never heard of that. Bring it down to the shop so I can see". And I will. But in all fairness... I heard these guys really know how to tune a engine and that is their best skill. But suspension work is not their forte. Yet they took my money... So I was just warning others so they might be aware of my issues...
a 5125 is a 5100 dumbass.....
DesertTRD is offline  
post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-29-2005, 02:58 PM
Ted
wut?
 
Ted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: N39 11.042 W78 09.845 (Virginia)
Posts: 1,466
Send a message via AIM to Ted
By droop, do you mean one side is leaning?
Ted is offline  
post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-29-2005, 03:36 PM
Veteran Member
 
Tacominator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Tucson
Posts: 651
I think these are all 5125... Someone said it much nicer earlier

http://www.bilstein.com/html/applications/5125/
Tacominator is offline  
post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-29-2005, 04:32 PM
Going John Galt
 
hytenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Norcal
Posts: 31,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by rojodiablo
I believe there is only ONE lenght to the 5125. So, before you attack them, just be sure. The Donahoes, the same. So, I wouldn't sweat that too much. As to the scratches, I wouldn't worry too much unless they hammered the threads, or gored up the shaft. Then, Id have an issue.
No, the 5125s come in several lengths and valvings while the 5100s are valved only one way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teryx View Post
Yeah, well, I'm just glad I snagged a few Spector cans before EPA converted them to Sphincters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma Jake View Post
Lube may be your best friend (depending on location).
'00 Excab Tacoma, 2.7, 5sp with a Bunch-o-mods
Inchworm Rock Walkin' Gear
hytenor is offline  
post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-29-2005, 04:34 PM
Going John Galt
 
hytenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Norcal
Posts: 31,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertTRD
a 5125 is a 5100 dumbass.....
are the billed differently because the 25s come in two different valving as opposed to the singled-valved 5100s? Bil's site lists the part# slightly different as well.
I was hoping you'd get in on this one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teryx View Post
Yeah, well, I'm just glad I snagged a few Spector cans before EPA converted them to Sphincters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma Jake View Post
Lube may be your best friend (depending on location).
'00 Excab Tacoma, 2.7, 5sp with a Bunch-o-mods
Inchworm Rock Walkin' Gear
hytenor is offline  
post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-29-2005, 04:53 PM
Veteran Member
 
DesertTRD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Californication
Posts: 1,257
Send a message via AIM to DesertTRD
Quote:
Originally Posted by hytenor
are the billed differently because the 25s come in two different valving as opposed to the singled-valved 5100s? Bil's site lists the part# slightly different as well.
I was hoping you'd get in on this one
5100 is not a part number... 5125 isnt either...

a 5100 is a stock length 5100, basically its a 5125 that will fit without any lift or anything... its the same thing as a 5100 except that they have general sizes, for those applications where nothing else applies.. IE a lifted truck.. other than that its the same dam shock... you wont find a 5100 for lifted application toyota tacoma shock.. You will find 2 different part number 5125's aka lifted application 5100 shocks that come in multiple sizes that will work the same....

This guy is crying because teh part # isnt 5100 its 5125.... notice the 51 and 51, the only reason bilstein put 25 is because of the annodized cans...
DesertTRD is offline  
post #11 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-29-2005, 05:38 PM
Going John Galt
 
hytenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Norcal
Posts: 31,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertTRD
5100 is not a part number... 5125 isnt either...

a 5100 is a stock length 5100, basically its a 5125 that will fit without any lift or anything... its the same thing as a 5100 except that they have general sizes, for those applications where nothing else applies.. IE a lifted truck.. other than that its the same dam shock... you wont find a 5100 for lifted application toyota tacoma shock.. You will find 2 different part number 5125's aka lifted application 5100 shocks that come in multiple sizes that will work the same....

This guy is crying because teh part # isnt 5100 its 5125.... notice the 51 and 51, the only reason bilstein put 25 is because of the annodized cans...
well, I know 5100 isn't a part # I was refering the BES- for 5100s vs the BE5 for 5125s that shows up on the website. Or, are they the same and the 'S' is actually a '5'?

depending on how much lift is added it looks like there are 3 that would work for 2-4" of lift; 6252, 6253 and A465.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teryx View Post
Yeah, well, I'm just glad I snagged a few Spector cans before EPA converted them to Sphincters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma Jake View Post
Lube may be your best friend (depending on location).
'00 Excab Tacoma, 2.7, 5sp with a Bunch-o-mods
Inchworm Rock Walkin' Gear
hytenor is offline  
post #12 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-29-2005, 05:44 PM
Veteran Member
 
DesertTRD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Californication
Posts: 1,257
Send a message via AIM to DesertTRD
BE5 is the part # i dont know why it says bes..
DesertTRD is offline  
post #13 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-29-2005, 05:54 PM
Going John Galt
 
hytenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Norcal
Posts: 31,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertTRD
BE5 is the part # i dont know why it says bes..
cool, probably a mis-read on my part

what do you think of the 7100 short bodies? I'm thinking of switching from my 5100s to those when I finally go with the Chevy rear springs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teryx View Post
Yeah, well, I'm just glad I snagged a few Spector cans before EPA converted them to Sphincters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma Jake View Post
Lube may be your best friend (depending on location).
'00 Excab Tacoma, 2.7, 5sp with a Bunch-o-mods
Inchworm Rock Walkin' Gear
hytenor is offline  
post #14 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-29-2005, 06:11 PM
Veteran Member
 
DesertTRD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Californication
Posts: 1,257
Send a message via AIM to DesertTRD
Quote:
Originally Posted by hytenor
cool, probably a mis-read on my part

what do you think of the 7100 short bodies? I'm thinking of switching from my 5100s to those when I finally go with the Chevy rear springs.
they are a decent shock for what your doing... The one thing to think about is, are you actually going to spend the time playing with valving or are you just getting it for bling factor, if your not getting it to actually modify it just stick with 5100's or excuse me 5125's LOL
DesertTRD is offline  
post #15 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-29-2005, 07:21 PM
Going John Galt
 
hytenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Norcal
Posts: 31,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertTRD
they are a decent shock for what your doing... The one thing to think about is, are you actually going to spend the time playing with valving or are you just getting it for bling factor, if your not getting it to actually modify it just stick with 5100's or excuse me 5125's LOL
I will need a shock that will work for both wheeling (max travel) and hauling so I will have to play with how they are relocated. I will not be doing the usual / \ pattern since that kind of negates the purpose of having them there in the first place I'm not interested in bling, just what will work best.
What about going with something that is adjustable? ie, soft for trail riding but max support for hauling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teryx View Post
Yeah, well, I'm just glad I snagged a few Spector cans before EPA converted them to Sphincters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma Jake View Post
Lube may be your best friend (depending on location).
'00 Excab Tacoma, 2.7, 5sp with a Bunch-o-mods
Inchworm Rock Walkin' Gear
hytenor is offline  
post #16 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-30-2005, 08:50 AM
________________________
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 2,538
if your in Hemet next time call John at AllPro offroad. great guy.
as others said, 5100 stock replacement, 5125 offers other lengths from stock. don't complain if your getting a more $$$ shock!!!
grumpy is offline  
post #17 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-30-2005, 08:55 AM
________________________
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 2,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by hytenor
I will need a shock that will work for both wheeling (max travel) and hauling so I will have to play with how they are relocated. I will not be doing the usual / \ pattern since that kind of negates the purpose of having them there in the first place I'm not interested in bling, just what will work best.
What about going with something that is adjustable? ie, soft for trail riding but max support for hauling.
do a relo by kicking shocks backwards and tilted in toward each at top. hope that makes sense. I can email you pics if you want. rides better then A-pillar type relo / \ I had that at first.

adj shocks control compression only. I have the rancho 9K's adj, they suck.
jsut ordered fox with their new CD adjuster on them. yes they are $$$.

doubt you'll find a shock that works great for both wheeling and hauling, except for airshocks.
grumpy is offline  
post #18 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-30-2005, 12:45 PM Thread Starter
truck ~n~ tow
 
TacoDell's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Hemet/SoCal
Posts: 10,885
Read my thread again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted
By droop, do you mean one side is leaning?
No it's not leaning.... When on frame jacks, the drivers side spring droops lower than the passenger...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootn2nature View Post
so fuck off you little 18 yr old lying ass punk.
'00 Taco SR5, xtrcab, V6, 5-SP, 4X, and some extras...

Truck...
~n~ ...off road action photo's
Trailer...

Truck build --- Trailer build

Last edited by cbrRRman; 05-30-2005 at 01:43 PM. Reason: add description...
TacoDell is offline  
post #19 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-30-2005, 12:49 PM Thread Starter
truck ~n~ tow
 
TacoDell's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Hemet/SoCal
Posts: 10,885
I've already talked with John...

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy
if your in Hemet next time call John at AllPro offroad. great guy.
as others said, 5100 stock replacement, 5125 offers other lengths from stock. don't complain if your getting a more $$$ shock!!!
I talked to John after the fact. And I wish I had gone to him first.... But he don't do installs at the All-Pro shop...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootn2nature View Post
so fuck off you little 18 yr old lying ass punk.
'00 Taco SR5, xtrcab, V6, 5-SP, 4X, and some extras...

Truck...
~n~ ...off road action photo's
Trailer...

Truck build --- Trailer build
TacoDell is offline  
post #20 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-30-2005, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
truck ~n~ tow
 
TacoDell's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Hemet/SoCal
Posts: 10,885
Did anybody actually read my thread? The 5100's are the Taco stock replacements (add about an inch travel) The 5125's are longer travel about 8 inches... My question was the length of the shocks... I never said valving!!! Taco's use unequal length shocks in the rear. I know the 5100's come (if ordered for a Taco) in unequal lengths. But since I got the 5125's instead I was trying to confirm that the 6252 and the 6253 were the proper unequal lenths for the Taco to allow for equal droop on the rear springs... instead all I got was folk bangin' on me and callin' me a dumbass... If you think trying to get clarification for something is whining then so be it. But if you don't really understand what I'm asking don't bother to say anything at all.... Geezzzzz.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootn2nature View Post
so fuck off you little 18 yr old lying ass punk.
'00 Taco SR5, xtrcab, V6, 5-SP, 4X, and some extras...

Truck...
~n~ ...off road action photo's
Trailer...

Truck build --- Trailer build
TacoDell is offline  
post #21 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-30-2005, 01:24 PM Thread Starter
truck ~n~ tow
 
TacoDell's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Hemet/SoCal
Posts: 10,885
Good advice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy
do a relo by kicking shocks backwards and tilted in toward each at top. hope that makes sense. I can email you pics if you want. rides better then A-pillar type relo / \ I had that at first.

adj shocks control compression only. I have the rancho 9K's adj, they suck.
jsut ordered fox with their new CD adjuster on them. yes they are $$$.

doubt you'll find a shock that works great for both wheeling and hauling, except for airshocks.
I like the advice of relocation. However I don't have the proper machine tools and I'm disabled with Carpul Tunnel Syndrome in both hands (makes it difficult to turn a wrench) I'm not complaining it's just a fact of life... That's why I have to pay someone to install my components in the first place. If my hands worked properly then I'd do it myself... because I'm anal about doing things right...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootn2nature View Post
so fuck off you little 18 yr old lying ass punk.
'00 Taco SR5, xtrcab, V6, 5-SP, 4X, and some extras...

Truck...
~n~ ...off road action photo's
Trailer...

Truck build --- Trailer build
TacoDell is offline  
post #22 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-30-2005, 01:29 PM Thread Starter
truck ~n~ tow
 
TacoDell's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Hemet/SoCal
Posts: 10,885
Dumb ass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertTRD
a 5125 is a 5100 dumbass.....
I listed the part #'s I was inquiring about... I know the difference between a 5100 and a 5125... That's not what I was asking... If you don't understand the question it's better to say nothing at all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootn2nature View Post
so fuck off you little 18 yr old lying ass punk.
'00 Taco SR5, xtrcab, V6, 5-SP, 4X, and some extras...

Truck...
~n~ ...off road action photo's
Trailer...

Truck build --- Trailer build
TacoDell is offline  
post #23 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-30-2005, 03:45 PM
Veteran Member
 
DesertTRD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Californication
Posts: 1,257
Send a message via AIM to DesertTRD
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrRRman
If you don't understand the question it's better to say nothing at all....
i know more about bilsteins product line than you ever will in your wet dream.
DesertTRD is offline  
post #24 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-30-2005, 04:13 PM
Veteran Member
 
1noobie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Murrieta, CA
Posts: 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertTRD
i know more about bilsteins product line than you ever will in your wet dream.

86' 4runner w/some mods
1noobie is offline  
post #25 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-30-2005, 06:29 PM
Senior Member
 
kapelusprime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Buffalo,NY
Posts: 278
Why The F@#$

Why is it if a dude has got senior or veteran under there name, they feel the need to blast some guy for asking a question. After all I though this was the newbie forum! the moderators should help this guy out. As for internet tuff guys give it a rest, impress us with an answer to the question; rather than with your rapier like witt!

Last edited by kapelusprime; 05-30-2005 at 06:33 PM.
kapelusprime is offline  
post #26 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-30-2005, 06:32 PM
Re-Member 9/11
 
nhlbill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 292
Send a message via MSN to nhlbill
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrRRman
... because I'm anal about doing things right...
The "droop" of a same length after market shock on a Tacoma does not affect anything as far as driving feel. I doubt you could notice it at all. Most aftermarket applications for the rear of the Tacoma do not come in different lenghts anyway. The only way it would be noticed is if your truck is on a repair rack or if you drive like "DesertTRD" in his avitar......lol
Bill
PS. The difference in the 5100 (if ordered for a Tacoma) and 5125, is that the 5100 comes with the 3/4" bushings installed in the shock (because it is a specific application for your truck), and the 5125 (is considered a "universal" application and comes in many lengths) has the 1/2" bushings (which you will have to change to put on your truck).

I got a Jeep....and a login and password to your forum.....
nhlbill is offline  
post #27 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 11:21 AM Thread Starter
truck ~n~ tow
 
TacoDell's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Hemet/SoCal
Posts: 10,885
Thank You...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapelusprime
Why is it if a dude has got senior or veteran under there name, they feel the need to blast some guy for asking a question. After all I though this was the newbie forum! the moderators should help this guy out. As for internet tuff guys give it a rest, impress us with an answer to the question; rather than with your rapier like witt!
That's why I asked this question in this noobie forum. And I still didn't get an understanding of the question I asked... No use in beating a dead horse... I'll find my information elsewhere... It's amazing that so many folk have an answer (even without really understanding the persons inquery to the original thread) but never ask for clarifications for the question so they may better help the person asking. There's another thread under suspensions about the same shock questions. I'm getting some better responses from some. But more of the Blah, Blah, Blah than anything else. Easier to resolve my own questions with my own trials...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootn2nature View Post
so fuck off you little 18 yr old lying ass punk.
'00 Taco SR5, xtrcab, V6, 5-SP, 4X, and some extras...

Truck...
~n~ ...off road action photo's
Trailer...

Truck build --- Trailer build
TacoDell is offline  
post #28 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 12:32 PM
Going John Galt
 
hytenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Norcal
Posts: 31,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertTRD
i know more about bilsteins product line than you ever will in your wet dream.
you have wet dreams about shocks?? that is so wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teryx View Post
Yeah, well, I'm just glad I snagged a few Spector cans before EPA converted them to Sphincters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma Jake View Post
Lube may be your best friend (depending on location).
'00 Excab Tacoma, 2.7, 5sp with a Bunch-o-mods
Inchworm Rock Walkin' Gear
hytenor is offline  
post #29 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 12:33 PM
Going John Galt
 
hytenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Norcal
Posts: 31,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrRRman
That's why I asked this question in this noobie forum. And I still didn't get an understanding of the question I asked... No use in beating a dead horse... I'll find my information elsewhere... It's amazing that so many folk have an answer (even without really understanding the persons inquery to the original thread) but never ask for clarifications for the question so they may better help the person asking. There's another thread under suspensions about the same shock questions. I'm getting some better responses from some. But more of the Blah, Blah, Blah than anything else. Easier to resolve my own questions with my own trials...
you just have to know Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teryx View Post
Yeah, well, I'm just glad I snagged a few Spector cans before EPA converted them to Sphincters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma Jake View Post
Lube may be your best friend (depending on location).
'00 Excab Tacoma, 2.7, 5sp with a Bunch-o-mods
Inchworm Rock Walkin' Gear
hytenor is offline  
post #30 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 01:16 PM
________________________
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 2,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrRRman
I like the advice of relocation. However I don't have the proper machine tools and I'm disabled with Carpul Tunnel Syndrome in both hands (makes it difficult to turn a wrench) I'm not complaining it's just a fact of life... That's why I have to pay someone to install my components in the first place. If my hands worked properly then I'd do it myself... because I'm anal about doing things right...
I was mostly replying to hytenor's post.
cbrRRman- don't need machine tools for this relo, couple pieces of steel and some shock frame bolts to get welded t osteel then welded to truck. if can't do yoursself, who about looking for another member close by, thats willing to help and can weld. thats how mine got done.
I wasn't flaming you and to a degree agree with that all the BS being thrown at some members is wrong.
if I felt I had the acurate info to answer your ?? I would have
grumpy is offline  
Reply
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome