Where's The Love, 05 Taco??? - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-14-2005, 03:43 PM Thread Starter

Where's The Love, 05 Taco???

Okay I know it's a new model, but damb! Some of the posts out there are negitive on the 05. Like This is the worst truck Toyota ever put out!
Yes it's got it's flaws, but all of them do! All trucks and cars have flaws,
hell you drive down dirt roads you get nicked up paint! You test the limits of your tail gate and you'll find them! If you're looking for a new truck that has not a flaw, then look in happy land where nothing is wrong ever!!!!

I've had my 05 Taco black reg cab 4 x 4 and it's got 5,000 on it, no problems yet; only paint chiping it has is where a brat neIGborhood kid egg it. Got out the touch up paint; then polishing compound to buff it , no more chip!!!!

WhinE, whinE, whinE, It's not like mY 90's/00's Taco!!
Right it's an 2005!!!!!!!!!!!!
get over it they changed!!!!

Now are you happy!

Repent now, when we come for you there will be no chance. God forgives, we set up the meeting USARMY
05 DC TRD Off Road, Speedway Blue, Bilstein adjustable 5100s@1.75 in front w/timberens and TSB leaf/5100's out back with airlift airbags. 265/75R16 BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO

Last edited by kapelusprime; 07-17-2005 at 08:54 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-14-2005, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapelusprime
Whin, whin, whin, It's not like me 80's/ 90's/00's Taco!!
Is this English?!?

2004 Tacoma Extended Cab 4x4 TRD | 3.4 Liter V6 | 5-speed manual
post #3 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-14-2005, 04:10 PM
Veteran Member

2001's rock

you got the six speed trans. ive wanted to test drive one of those

ROLL TIDE
post #4 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-14-2005, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Okay I know it's a new model, but damb! Some of the posts out there are negitive on the 05. Like This is the worst truck Toyota ever put out!
hell you drive down dirt roads you get nicked up paint! You test the limits of your tail gate and you'll find them! If you're looking for a new truck that has not a flaw, then look in happy land where nothing is wrong ever!!!!

I've had my 05 Taco black reg cab 4 x 4 and it's got 5,000 on it, no problems yet; only paint chiping it has is where a brat neaborhood kid egg it. Got out the touch up paint; then polishing compound to buff it , no more chip!!!!

Do some research. Then you'll know why. Its not hated, just disliked. If you want to lend credit to your cause, at least take the time to use spell check.

-Scott
04 Tundra TRD Double Cab......

Last edited by scottnmos; 07-14-2005 at 04:18 PM.
post #5 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-14-2005, 04:39 PM
Banned

Quote:

I've had my 05 Taco black reg cab 4 x 4 and it's got 5,000 on it, no problems yet; only paint chiping it has is where a brat neaborhood kid egg it. Got out the touch up paint; then polishing compound to buff it , no more chip!!!!

Learn to spell. Also, Tacoma's have only been around since 1995.5. Before that was the pickup.
post #6 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-14-2005, 04:40 PM
Banned

I still don't see why everyone gets so butt hurt about the '05's being worse anyways.
post #7 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-14-2005, 04:59 PM
Veteran Member

well the 05..is way too big...the design is pretty much every other truck that's out now..from colorado, cannon and such.....

it ain't a mid-size truck no more...IMO...
post #8 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-14-2005, 05:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04RedLobster
well the 05..is way too big...the design is pretty much every other truck that's out now..from colorado, cannon and such.....

I couldn't agree more.
post #9 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-14-2005, 05:36 PM
Ban Count: 12

Quote:

1. WTF are you?

2. Search n00b. Add to one of the other posts exactly like this, there is no need to create another one.

3. If you don't like other people's opinions about your truck, find another messageboard. It's your truck, who cares what other people think about it.
post #10 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-14-2005, 05:42 PM

I for one would love to have sexual relations with your truck.

The emperor is buck naked!
post #11 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-14-2005, 06:02 PM

Well I love this truck. Anyone who does not has not driven one. A truck is a machine and like women no machine is perfect. I personally wanted a Rolls Royce, Ferarri, Mercedes, BMW Range rover, McClaeran, 4X4 but I could not find one for under $500,000. Since my budget was $25,000 I had to settle for a V6 pre runner with LSD Package 8 with a Leather interior. I love the power, the engine, the transmission, the interior room, the seats. The dash is like that wort on you ladies but. You have to take the good with the bad. The interior room and doors storage. I don't care about a perfect bed. If I am hauling something big I hook on a trailer, 6500lb towing. I can remember dinging the heck out of metal beds and their side walls. Can you push it off a cliff and expect no dings, get real only in commercials. I get the same mph as on my 2001 and I travel in more style and comfort. You guys can whine and cry but the consumer says this is one darn good truck and they are voting with their dollars.
post #12 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-14-2005, 06:11 PM
Veteran Member

Those are all personal opinions, and heres mine, I think your the only one around here making a big deal out of it.

01 ext cab - In Progress
99 ext cab SAS'd (Sold)
95.5 ext cab (Sold)
97 ext cab (Totaled)
-Oregon TTORA

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillBilly_Young01 View Post
yall 2 need to meet up and face fuck one another till one or the other dies
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasaholic View Post
ur a fuckin idiot so shut the fuck up.

Last edited by Tacoma Jake; 07-14-2005 at 06:13 PM.
post #13 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-14-2005, 07:29 PM

I have an 05 and I love it, but I havent noticed anybody complaining about them.
post #14 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-14-2005, 07:30 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05 Indigo Blue
I travel in more style and comfort.
people here can care less about that...
they are more worried about how it performs off-road than the comfort and the style they are presenting...
post #15 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-14-2005, 08:15 PM

Quote:
people here can care less about that...
they are more worried about how it performs off-road than the comfort and the style they are presenting...
Maybe you should check the 2005 taco SAS thread. Anything that takes to an SAS better than last years model should recieve at least a luke warm welcome. I guess it all comes down to the fact that nobody likes change. *shrug* Just one favor, could we please stop comparing it to that annemic I-5 Colorado? If you want to dis it at least compare it something similiar, and the closest thing on the market to it is the uglier than my ex-wife Frontier. But thats my 2 cents.
post #16 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-14-2005, 08:20 PM
Veteran Member

wtf..do you think i don't read any threads here?
did i say 05 is not capable of off-roading? no...
i was just replying to his comment about how he cares more about his comfort and style.
post #17 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-14-2005, 09:22 PM
cedarbarn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oppositeboy
1. WTF are you?

2. Search n00b. Add to one of the other posts exactly like this, there is no need to create another one.

3. If you don't like other people's opinions about your truck, find another messageboard. It's your truck, who cares what other people think about it.
I dont give a damn if people dont like my truck. They dont give a damn if I like my truck. Its a win-win situation.
post #18 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-14-2005, 10:01 PM
Veteran Member

Get over it. Look, the 05 is great and all, but how many 05 owners out there are actually here because they want to wheel their truck? Cars and trucks today are rarely sold based upon how the truck performs, instead it's all about it's looks/presence/attitude. I'm sure most Moms will feel great while they are cruising in their 4x4 to drop their kids off at school, but lets face it, the only dirt they'll ever see is possibly a gravel driveway. So Toyota has designed a truck to keep up with that market. However they also know that some people look for authenticity in their car/truck. I mean, how many people buy a Ferrari to go race around a track? I'd bet very few, but it's nice to know they can, right? Same thing with the new 05... You probably won't wheel it, but the locker is still there to provide that authentic image.

So 05 owners take note: if you wheel your truck, awesome, I'll see you out on the trail, and I'd love to see it perform. If you're into malls, and you like to whine and moan, this is not the place for you.

Last edited by atwinda; 07-14-2005 at 10:09 PM.
post #19 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-14-2005, 10:04 PM
cedarbarn

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwinda
Get over it. Look, the 05 is great and all, but how many 05 owners out there are actually here because they want to wheel their truck? Cars and trucks today are rarely sold based upon how the truck performs, instead it's all about it's looks/presence/attitude. I'm sure most Moms will feel great while they are cruising in their 4x4 to drop their kids off at school, but lets face it, the only dirt they'll ever see is possibly a gravel driveway. So Toyota has designed a truck to keep up with that market. However they also know that some people look for authenticity in their car/truck. I mean, how many people buy a Ferrari to go race around a track? I'd bet very few, but it's nice to know they can, right? Same thing with the new 05... You probably won't wheel it, but the locker is still there to provide that authentic image.

So 05 owners take note: if you wheel your truck, awesome, I'll see you out on the trail, and I'd love to see it perform. If you're into malls, and you like to whine and moan, this isn't not the place for you.

isn't not.

Is that some kind of So Cal slang?
post #20 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-14-2005, 10:09 PM
Veteran Member

lol, yeah, sorry, I'll edit it :\
post #21 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-14-2005, 10:15 PM
cedarbarn

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwinda
lol, yeah, sorry, I'll edit it :\
You keep taking my last word. I want the last word. LOL!!
post #22 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-14-2005, 10:15 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Well I love this truck. Anyone who does not has not driven one.
i WORK on them all day long and i hate them
post #23 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-15-2005, 04:22 AM
Main Man's TRD

Send a message via Yahoo to Plasstik
agree

Quote:

I second this one.

If you are offended…..It’s not my fault you put yourself in that category!

Bilstein 5100, Toytec 3" spring lift , 33 M/T, Camburg UCA, Daystar 1" body lift BLa Bla Bla do you really give two shits to what is on my truck? NO! I didn't think so, but more to come when I get the chance.

Peace and a bag of chips!
post #24 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-15-2005, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Well I love this truck. Anyone who does not has not driven one. A truck is a machine and like women no machine is perfect. I personally wanted a Rolls Royce, Ferarri, Mercedes, BMW Range rover, McClaeran, 4X4 but I could not find one for under $500,000. Since my budget was $25,000 I had to settle for a V6 pre runner with LSD Package 8 with a Leather interior.
To put it another way, you probably wanted Eva Longoria, Halle Berry or Brooke Burns, but here is what you settled for:

2004 Tacoma Extended Cab 4x4 TRD | 3.4 Liter V6 | 5-speed manual
post #25 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-15-2005, 09:38 AM
Ban Count: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by absolut taco
To put it another way, you probably wanted Eva Longoria, Halle Berry or Brooke Burns, but here is what you settled for:

Ah helll! I'm f'n rolling! I may not necessarily agree, but that's some funny stuff right there.
post #26 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-15-2005, 10:36 AM

Red face

Quote:
wtf..do you think i don't read any threads here?
did i say 05 is not capable of off-roading? no...
i was just replying to his comment about how he cares more about his comfort and style.

Sorry Lobster, I didnt mean to flame, but from re-reading my post, I can see how it could be taken that way rather easily . This kind of thread seems to get everyone all riled up, myself included . Well I gots to get going, need to get things ready for my beach trip this weekend! It may not be the foot hills they call mountains on the east coast, but at least its not paved!
post #27 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-15-2005, 10:39 AM
Ted
wut?

Send a message via AIM to Ted
Quote:
Originally Posted by absolut taco
But she has a nice personality.
post #28 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-15-2005, 10:41 AM
NE > PA

Send a message via AIM to Intrepid
If you're looking for a new truck that has not a flaw, then look in happy land where nothing is wrong ever!!!!

Clearly you have not driven a '98, they where perfection incarnate, if you had searched you would have known that.

THEY'RE ALL AFTER ME LUCKY CHARMS!

'85 4runner: crawler, lockers, swampers, dents
post #29 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-15-2005, 02:17 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted
But she has a nice personality.
personality can only take you so far...
post #30 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-15-2005, 03:43 PM
Big tars, little bed.

Send a message via AIM to GOT COPE?
Quote:
Can you push it off a cliff and expect no dings, get real only in commercials.
Really? Dang fooled me!
Quote:
I travel in more style.
Congratufuckinlations.
Quote:
You guys can whine and cry but the consumer says this is one darn good truck and they are voting with their dollars.
Yes, but "we" are not your typical "mall-I wheel in style-wheeler". Sorry. We wheel in rocks, you just keep wheeling in style because style will probably be the biggest obstacle your truck ever sees.

My Truck and Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotaoffroad27 View Post
I think Colin just rides around looking for a good photo op.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlrunner View Post
Blatent abuse of power ... but funny ... carry on ...
BRC since 2006www.sharetrails.org
TLCA #15854 www.tlca.org
SFWDA since 2005 www.sfwda.org

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode