TTORA Forum banner

JBA Header gaskets

3K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  mr.trd 
#1 ·
Hey Guys Im going to install a set of JBA headers on my 2k 3.4 Tacoma Prerunner and I wanted to know if anyone has had any problems with the supplied gaskets? Or should I buy a new OEM set and use those?
Thanks fer any help here..................

#5 ·
I'm not sure if the ones they make for the 4.7 will fit the Land Cruiser so I'm going to ask to borrow a set to test fit.

I've been to the shop before to buy stuff for my buddies mustang. The headers and exhaust for the mustang were very nice and went on no problem.

#6 ·
calamaridog said:
How do you guys like the JBA headers? Quality, fit and finish, performance?
I've had mine on for a while. No problems at all. There not the nicest looking headers like TRD but considering I only paid $450 I'm very happy. If your SC'd, I'd definetly recommend them.

#7 ·
Ok I picked up my headers only to find that they dont coat the big fat Y pipe...
Has anyone bothered to send out their Y pipe and have that coated as well or should I leave it un-coated?hmmmmm?Ill let you guys know how I like them after the install.........Need to find a shop in San Diego to install them....

#8 ·
#9 · (Edited)
Ok some more questions about these JBA Headers .....Looking at the flanges that bolt to the manifold they have the header tubes sticking out about 1/4". How does the Header Flange mount flush with the Head? When you torque down the nuts is the flange going to bend down toward the head? Will OEM gaskets fit around the header tubes that stick out beyond the flange?????oiii what a newbbbbb.... oh yah $275.00 to get them installed at SD Truck Shop on Miramar Rd thanks for that link!!!!!!

#11 ·
Robot99 said:
Ok some more questions about these JBA Headers .....Looking at the flanges that bolt to the manifold they have the header tubes sticking out about 1/4". How does the Header Flange mount flush with the Head? When you torque down the nuts is the flange going to bend down toward the head? Will OEM gaskets fit around the header tubes that stick out beyond the flange?????oiii what a newbbbbb.... oh yah $275.00 to get them installed at SD Truck Shop on Miramar Rd thanks for that link!!!!!!
In theory, if applied correctly, leaks should never develop regardless of which gasket you use. But since no ones perfect I like the oem metal gaskets which have a ring that crushes when you bolt down your flange. I look at it like this: if there is a weak spot around a given flange that is where the leak will develop. What will burn out first a fiber gasket or a metal one, OEM metal gaskets seem like an obvious choice to me. Just remember two use gasket coating if going with fiber gaskets. Also torque the flange bolts from the middle cylinder top and bottom first and work your way out to the sides, dont forget to re-torque the bolts after a hundred miles or so.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.