TTORA Forum banner

Muffler Sauce?

997 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  joeylead 
#1 ·
Ok so im driving a 2000 Tundra with about 175K and a fair amount of undercarriage rust (no perforations or damage to structural integrity and this post isnt bout that anyway). Yesterday im out working with it, alot of starting and stopping the engine. i notice something leaking from under the truck. I dip my fingers into it thinking it might be gas, but its water. I look up and from the center of the bottom of the muffler, between large flakes of rust, water is dripping out in a small stream. so im really worried, what do i do to replace the lost fluid? Do i just pour muffler fluid into the gas tank? I just changed out the blinker fluid the other day (its odd thought, the lights dont work so well submerged) and im hoping that it didnt cause this to happen.

And yes im being an :asshat: I know there isnt any muffler sauce, or blinker fluid, i thust thought someone might get a chuckle out of this :grin2:>:)

Although the water coming from the muffler was disconcerting...lol.

#2 ·
It could just be a minor leak in the battery for your exhaust re-circulator pump. Check the exhaust lubricant reservoir too and to make sure it's topped off and the fluid is clean, and you should be good to go for several 10's of thousands of miles without a problem if you keep that in check.

#4 ·
No joke, I have a friend that when he was redoing an exhaust, he discovered that the person before him had actually used a bearing in the place of a gasket between the muffler and pipe! I truly thought that no one could ever be so stupid. Guess not...lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.