TTORA Forum banner

Another stupid newbie question.

4K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  hytenor 
#1 ·
Hey guys, im new here. I have just put BFG AT 31x10.5's on my 2000 3.4l v6 x-tra cab, sr5. Its a 5 speed. I also have a 3" ez-lift. Am i hurting anything running these mods on an otherwise stock truck? I read allot on here about new gears with the bigger tires. :confused: Thanks for any help.

#2 ·
You'll be fine. There is potential to accelerate the wear and tear on your suspension with any type of suspension lift. How much? Hard to say. IMHO not enough to even bother worrying about.

Keep an eye on your inner CV boots to catch any tears before they get bad enough to thrash your CV axle. Your tires aren't an issue.

#3 ·
veloVW said:
Hey guys, im new here. I have just put BFG AT 31x10.5's on my 2000 3.4l v6 x-tra cab, sr5. Its a 5 speed. I also have a 3" ez-lift. Am i hurting anything running these mods on an otherwise stock truck? I read allot on here about new gears with the bigger tires. :confused: Thanks for any help.
31s come stock on most 4x4s now anyway so you'll be fine with the v6; you have 3.91 gears unless you have the TRD in which case you have 4.10s.
as for mods...any lift will accellerate the wear/tear process to the steering components as well as the CV boots (assuming the fins are touching), that's the way it goes. Keep an eye on your steering rack bushings for any play in the rack. Lifts also raise the truck's center of gravity...duh..., making the truck more prone to rollovers so be aware of this when driving, especially at high speeds.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.