TTORA Forum banner

Dash paint

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Dick Foster 
#1 ·
I have this mark on my dash, the previous owner spilled something on the dash and it ate throug the oak color so I have this black mark on the dash. Anybody know if there is some paint some where?
Thanks,
jeremy

#3 ·
I have had very good luck with spay on shoe dye. Nutone I think it's Kiwi now. I forgot the shade but it's very close and the stuff comes in lots of colors because the ladies like to have matching shoes and hand bags. It's an even closer match if you give it a top coat of matte spray, otherwise it's a little too shiney.

#4 ·
Nutone

Is it shoe polish? and if it is, will actuallly dry and set up. or always be kinda soft or tacky. I ll research on google. Let me know if you have these answers. Thanks alot.
PS whats the point of posting if your just going to be a smart ass, now I know how you get 500 posts(jessivec)Didnt know napa and pepboys were world wide. Not you. I appriciate your solid answer.

#5 ·
There is always the process of getting a matching interior spray dye and a matte clear to put over it too. I fixed a few spots on dashes, consoles and door panels working at an interior shop years ago. You just have to make sure the surface is clean. I think acetone works good but its been a few years now. The shop selling/mixing the dye would know what works best.

#6 ·
No it's dye but in reality it more like a spray paint that sticks well to the plastic. It's made to stick to stuff like that and comes in lots of colors and shades. Just take a removable piece of the origianl color like the ash tray in the store with you and match the caps on the spay cans as close as you can. Take it into sun light for a more accurate match if you can.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.