TTORA Forum banner

where and how to mount portable mp3 player to dash

2K views 11 replies 12 participants last post by  dylfish 
#1 ·
so i just recently purchased a brand new alpine cda 9856 head unit for my tacoma. i bought it for $230 installed from precision sound in chino hills. now, i don't know much about car stereo systems, but he set it up so that i can play my phillips gogear (or another portable mp3 player/ipod) through the head phone jack and into the stereo.

now my question is... what have some of you tacoma guys done to mount ipods/mp3 players to your dash? i was thinking of putting mine on top of the "passenger airbag" switch thingy. but i would still want to be able to access that switch. i've seen some people that use two way adhesives to attach the bracket/holder for the ipod/mp3 player. if you're going to use adhesive anyway, then would it hurt to use velcro? (thus making the bracket/holder removeable) i could also use the same bracket in a different car. i just don't want to go sticking things to my dashboard. if the velcro or two adhesive is ever removed it will leave that sticky residue on the dash. how easily can that be removed??

i've seen some mp3 player holders that screw onto your dash, but then you have holes in your dash and i don't want that!

someone help. :confused:

#5 ·
With that head unit, you can plug an ipod directly into the back of the unit using Alpine's cable. Then you can control the ipod using the head unit's controls. You don't have to use the head phone jack. Of course, if you don't have an ipod... Sorry if you already knew that. I have the 9856 also.

#12 ·
Dragincrosmember said:
Try this...I had one in my celica. It was pretty nice.
ProClip
Sold! I just bought this mount from ProClip. Glad I bought a Tacoma, too, since the similar mount for the Tundra puts the mount over a vent. If anyone's interested in pics, I'll post a few once I receive the mount and install it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.