Newbie Suspension Question - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-16-2005, 03:54 PM Thread Starter

Newbie Suspension Question

Ok, i looked over all the tech stuff and did some research regarding lifts for the tacomas. I am looking into getting a dub cab 01-04 and lifting it around 4-5" (coils or spacers with a 1-2" BL) with some 33's. My question is this:

Althought it is a very vauge idea of stiffness on ride, would you recommend using spacers?

I care about how much money i spend, but i also care about if my ride is going to be liveable. Is there any way i can use a softer shock to combat the stiffness?

If it's between comfort and cheapness, i will choose comfort in the end.

Thanks for the help! I plan on asking alot more questions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-16-2005, 05:33 PM

Well with a spacer it is rougher than stock....how much i cant tell because i have gotten use to it. I say some OME Coils and shocks.

Chris GA

2001 Tacoma
2.7 5spd
2 1/2 Suspension lift
285/75/16 BFG A/T
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-16-2005, 05:35 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alloy171
Ok, i looked over all the tech stuff and did some research regarding lifts for the tacomas. I am looking into getting a dub cab 01-04 and lifting it around 4-5" (coils or spacers with a 1-2" BL) with some 33's. My question is this:

Althought it is a very vauge idea of stiffness on ride, would you recommend using spacers?

I care about how much money i spend, but i also care about if my ride is going to be liveable. Is there any way i can use a softer shock to combat the stiffness?

If it's between comfort and cheapness, i will choose comfort in the end.

Thanks for the help! I plan on asking alot more questions.
Are you going to be off roading a lot?

I got away with using the fabtech basic 3.5" for a long time until I reached the point were I was doing more wheeling and enjoyed the 2.5" shock. If you're mostly a street dude, then go ahead and get the basic kit. The entire 3.5" kit is cheaper than the Hoes, Camburgs, or Kings alone. This way you are getting a better ride than the spacers, without busting the bank.

If you are willing to spend a bit more, the All Pro coilover is an option for you as well.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-17-2005, 10:53 AM
Banned

nobody has addressed the ADD issue (if you have it). you cannot lift the oem a-arm articulation more than 3". if you want more then you'll need manual hubs.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-17-2005, 11:28 AM Thread Starter

thanks for the info on the fabtech lift. THats kinda what im looking for, a cheap 3" suspension lift without using blocks or spacers. Now for the rear what should i look into? AAL's? Will they be stiff as well in the rear?

By the way, what kind of gas mileage do people get with a 6 banger, regular gears and 33's?

Thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode