grill bumper want you opinion - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-18-2005, 01:00 PM Thread Starter

grill bumper want you opinion

I bought a 2003 SR5 V-4 extra-cab Tacoma color red/oak in Dec.2004. This is my first Toyota. Having hard time deciding on what grill bumper to get. Don't plan on having winch, so a grill guard would be just fine. I prefer one that I can mount KC lights in the middle. I like that style. Just wanted opinion on what you like? Good place to buy one? Anyone send pics of Tacoma's with the grill guards.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-18-2005, 01:01 PM Thread Starter

grill bumper want your opinion

I bought a 2003 SR5 V-4 extra-cab Tacoma color red/oak in Dec.2004. This is my first Toyota. Having hard time deciding on what grill bumper to get. Don't plan on having winch, so a grill guard would be just fine. I prefer one that I can mount KC lights in the middle. I like that style. Just wanted opinion on what you like? Good place to buy one? Anyone send pics of Tacoma's with the grill guards.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-18-2005, 01:05 PM
Veteran Member

Everybody is going to have their own preferences that may/may not be the same as yours. so I suspect it will be hard for anyone to give you a good solid answer.

With that said, you also have to consider a grill guard type of bumper will most likely decrease your approach angle of the front end of your truck if you are seriously going to do any offroading. Especially if you just go with a grill guard that goes over your stock bumper

If you take that into consideration, great if you want a grill guard. Contact Demello, bent up, Front range or anyone else that is in our sponsors/vendor section. I am sure any of them can do a great job fabbing up a custom or may even have something in stock that you like

Good luck on your quest.

BEAR
OVERKILL IS AN UNDERRATED ACHIEVEMENT

Originally Posted by abbott
remember, in the world of cars and trucks, its not cubic inches, its cubic dollars.
GO SPURS GO!!!!
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-18-2005, 01:16 PM

Consider if you ever hit something with a grille guard, it will likely take out your entire front end. If all you want is something to mount lights on, maybe you should consider a Safari Bar or custom like Domello Offroad.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-18-2005, 01:25 PM
---------------

The weight of a grill guard will sag your stock suspension over time. If you are just looking for something to mount lights on, you may want to consider a light bar from DeMello - a Safari Bar is another option, but it will also decrease your approach angle, as will a grill guard - if that's important to you.

'98 SAS on 37's
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-18-2005, 01:26 PM
---------------

Damn dude - how many times you going to post this? :-)

'98 SAS on 37's
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-18-2005, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xClover
Damn dude - how many times you going to post this? :-)
I now wonder how many times he did. Also, I wonder if he ever got an answer. I saw a link to some billit grilles since I came aboard, let me see if I can find the link. Of course the grille will not let you mount lights so maybe you want a bull bar also.

Bull Bar for the 2005

I will look for a grille linky but it is not that hard to do a search. Might even save some time.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-18-2005, 01:54 PM

Cool

Do an Ebay search with your year model

Use some of the links to TTORA's sponsers. They help support this site and have some good stuff. Even may give you some other ideas of what you might like better.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode