Brake Light On? - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-07-2005, 07:35 PM Thread Starter

Question Brake Light On?

My brake light is on almost all the time. Sometimes it goes out for a minute or two but them comes bake on. I adjusted the parking brake and that did not help. Any ideas? Do our trucks have dummy light that tells you you need new brakes?
Thanks.

99 TRD V6 Auto
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-07-2005, 07:39 PM

Have you checked the fluid level? if not you might try that.
L8R
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-07-2005, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owyhee
My brake light is on almost all the time. Sometimes it goes out for a minute or two but them comes bake on. I adjusted the parking brake and that did not help. Any ideas? Do our trucks have dummy light that tells you you need new brakes?
Thanks.
don't know if this will help you at all but when i was test driving my tacoma it's brake light would stay even though the parking brake was released ... the dealership fixed it as one of my conditions to buy it ... the mentioned it something about a spring needing to be tightened ... the problem has happened a few more times since then but i find that if i just squeeze the trigger and give it a turn and push in slightly it will turn off ... best of luck fixing your problem

2001 Tacoma 3RZ standard cab SR5 manual
power to the people!
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-07-2005, 08:00 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Damage
don't know if this will help you at all but when i was test driving my tacoma it's brake light would stay even though the parking brake was released ... the dealership fixed it as one of my conditions to buy it ... the mentioned it something about a spring needing to be tightened ... the problem has happened a few more times since then but i find that if i just squeeze the trigger and give it a turn and push in slightly it will turn off ... best of luck fixing your problem
Sounds like your dealer was referring to the parking brake return spring, which is attached to a linkage, just aft of the cab. In all likely hood they just adjusted the tension on the parking brake cable.

Nice and easy to do, and is also a brake light culprit, along with low fluid level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some chick from American Dad
It's true what they say about geologists, they're the coolest, sexiest men alive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudferret
Suck my penal system.
[photos]
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-07-2005, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Sounds like your dealer was referring to the parking brake return spring, which is attached to a linkage, just aft of the cab. In all likely hood they just adjusted the tension on the parking brake cable.

Nice and easy to do, and is also a brake light culprit, along with low fluid level.
thanks for letting me know what they did ... my dealer was dumb and a stubborn prick. getting the truck from them was like pulling teeth ... not a good first dealership experience, now i fully understand the stigma that goes with being a used car salesman.

2001 Tacoma 3RZ standard cab SR5 manual
power to the people!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-07-2005, 08:24 PM
Veteran Member

Even if they had to replace the spring, it's not really a big deal. Go peak under your truck and you'll understand.

Quote:
It's true what they say about geologists, they're the coolest, sexiest men alive.
Quote:
Suck my penal system.
[photos]
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-07-2005, 09:55 PM
Deal Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owyhee
Thanks.
http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum...ng+brake+light
http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum...3&postcount=15
http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum...18&postcount=1
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-10-2005, 10:20 PM

Like someone else said, check the fluid level. Mine did the same thing and I just needed to add a little bit of fluid. The sensor is pretty sensitive.

SOLD 00 tacoma single cab ~ 2.7L~5-spd~ 31's
OME 881's/custom AAL and Bilsteins all around
Deckplate Mod (sucks)
Cobra CB
Custom Front/Rear bumpers
--------------------
77 Bronco
*Cant find a good body shop to weld in the new panels...any help would be appreciated!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 09:22 PM
NorCal Chapter Pres

Send a message via AIM to NorcalPR
When I test drove a lifted tacoma, the light wouldnt go off unless I pushed in the handle in all the way.

Hi, my name is Phill, above are things I say
W6FTW

Do you live in NorCal? Have you checked out the NorCal Section located here? If not check in today!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 09:31 PM
Veteran Member

Sounds like a case of ALTWPAOTPBL.

Quote:
Quote:
Suck my penal system.
[photos]
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode