lift for 32's? - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-20-2005, 06:41 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to 982.7yota
Post lift for 32's?

hey, i have a 98 tacoma ext. cab and was wondering if i would need a lift for 32-11.5's if so what is the least amount of lift i could get them on with thanx, john
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-20-2005, 07:28 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via MSN to briansc33
You will need a lift 2 1/2 inches at least I beleive. Search the forum and you will find all the info. you need
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-20-2005, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 982.7yota
hey, i have a 98 tacoma ext. cab and was wondering if i would need a lift for 32-11.5's if so what is the least amount of lift i could get them on with thanx, john
at least 3 inches of lift(body or suspension).and a pinch weld mod.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-20-2005, 08:26 PM

Send a message via AIM to amatoer10
Quote:
i have 32x11.5 BFG MTs on my truck with 2.5" of lift and only rub at full turn, which only occurs pulling out of parking spaces and driveways

Eric Amato
TVH Rock Racing

East Coast Gear Supply, Dr. CustomWerx, Poly Performance, SteelMX Optics, 4130 Clothing, BelbenBuilt
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-23-2005, 05:26 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
1.5" of lift is plenty for 32x11.50's if you run them on your stock alloy wheels.

I ran this exact set-up for many years, no problems.

The only thing you'll need to make note of - is running a lower tire pressure for street usage to ensure even tire wear. The 11.50" wide tire is *technically* too wide for a 7" wide rim. The lower pressure will ensure the tire stays flat on the road. I ran about 26-28lbs of air for street driving.

All my children....
http://www.lieblweb.com/Jansters07Avatar.jpg
"Jandy"
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-23-2005, 06:12 PM
Don't get Wenzeled

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-25-2005, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster
1.5" of lift is plenty for 32x11.50's if you run them on your stock alloy wheels.

I ran this exact set-up for many years, no problems.

The only thing you'll need to make note of - is running a lower tire pressure for street usage to ensure even tire wear. The 11.50" wide tire is *technically* too wide for a 7" wide rim. The lower pressure will ensure the tire stays flat on the road. I ran about 26-28lbs of air for street driving.

Just wondering how many miles you got out of your 32s, running them at a lower pressure on a *technically* too small rim?

I'm thinking of getting some 32s soon, and am trying to decide if I should put them on my stock rims or get some new wheels. I'd prefer to stay stock, but not if it shortens the life of my tires by too much.

thanks,
chris
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-17-2005, 06:09 PM

im not sure what the real problem is, ive seen a prerunner with 32's on it completely stock, they touch frame at lock, but thats it. other than that they fit in fine.... i believe a 285/70/16 is close to a 32 right?
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 12:27 AM
MASTICATOR

I used to run 265/75/16 on my stock dbl cab with stock rims and it only rubbed on the driver's side at full lock. But at 11.5" wide yea you need to air it around 30psi or just go get a 2.5" lift and 8" rims and not worry about it. Just be aware of the backspacing on any wider rims. I had a terrible rub on the passenger side with 4.25" backspacing on an 8" rim until i put a lift on.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode