magnaflow or flowmaster for V6 3.4L?????? - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-23-2004, 08:27 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via MSN to Spark-trd
magnaflow or flowmaster for V6 3.4L??????

was the best exhaust for the taco with 3.4L for the sound and performance???

tacoma 1999 TRD
3.4L, rear electric locker
much modif this spring
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-23-2004, 08:32 PM

Thumbs up

i have a 2.7 and a flowmaster on it and it sounds great.. go with a flowmaster
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-23-2004, 09:30 PM

it sounds good for a 3.4 but dont expect a v8 sound to come out of it as far as power go's I couldnt tell any difference there also wasnt any real gaiins ini the gas mileage department. So If you are just looking for sound I prefer the flowmaster 50 hope that helps
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-23-2004, 09:50 PM
BMFWIC

CHerry Bomb glasspacks all the way!!!! I have a 24" glasspack, it cost $19 from PepBoys and it sounds exactly like my buddy's TRD exhaust system. Granted, he gets all the benefits, headers ect., but I spent $1100 less than him and it sounds just the same but of course, I'm just a hick, your redneck factor my vary

It's getting better all the time...
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-23-2004, 10:44 PM

Send a message via AIM to Weeman
i got a 18" magnaflow and it sounds nice and throaty...cant go wrong with the magnaflow.

1998 Xcab 4x4 SR5 V6 non-TRD 5spd, 2.5" Kings, downey shackles, bilstein 5100s, 15x8 Bajas, 32x11.50 BFG A/T, 18" magnaflow
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-25-2004, 06:03 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to YoTRacer158 Send a message via Yahoo to YoTRacer158
i've got the 14" magnaflow and it sounds awesome...if you click the the in my sig, the 2nd video will give you a feel for what it sounds like. it also gave a good increase in MPG and a little more pep

2004 V6 5spd 4x4: TRD Charger, URD Fuel Mods/AFR/Unlimiter/2.1" Pulley/Crank Pulley/Short Throw, Supra MAF, TrueFlow Filter, JBA Ti Ceramic Headers, SpinTech Exhaust, SPEC Stage 3+ Clutch, BentUp Front Bumper, Chaos LT/Kings, 62" Deavers/18" Kings/, Glassworks Supercharger Hood/Fenders/Bedsides, 15x8 Black Steelies, 33x12.5 Claws, 4.56's, RR Solid Motor Mounts

youtube.com/YoTRacer158
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-25-2004, 07:49 PM

Send a message via AIM to akshunj
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boheefus
CHerry Bomb glasspacks all the way!!!! I have a 24" glasspack, it cost $19 from PepBoys and it sounds exactly like my buddy's TRD exhaust system. Granted, he gets all the benefits, headers ect., but I spent $1100 less than him and it sounds just the same but of course, I'm just a hick, your redneck factor my vary
Sweet, I have a Dynomax Race Magnum Bullet muffler from Summit right now. It cost $45 and outlfows any of the $100 mufflers mentioned in this thread. It's a tad loud above 3k rpm's but nice power gains from it.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-26-2004, 07:51 AM

I have a Flowmaster 50 and have fun every morning going to work. Some ricer Idiot up the street has his alarm system set so sensitive, that when I drive by, his alarm will chirp, but if I gas it, going past his car the alarm goes off full tilt. The neighbors must be pissed by now, I do it at 5:30 am every day and he still parks in the same spot

99 SR5 4Runner Highlander 5spd V6 4WD e-locker
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode