TTORA Forum banner

Help. Truck wont crank when hot

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Billconrad 
#1 ·
99 prerunner 2.7l. Won't crank ten minutes or so after killing it. Check engine light is now on. Says bank 1 running lean. Replaced fuel filter. Seems to miss now at slow speeds. Or not getting enough fuel. Cranks just fine first thing in the morning. There is some weird noise under the hood that I don't ever remember hearing. May not be related. I may have an small exhaust leak also around manifold. ANY help

#2 ·
Do you have coils or a distributer? I've heard people say that it's easier to miss a miss fire when you have coils than it is with a distributer. Doesn't make sense to me but that's beside the point. The point is if you have a bad cylinder and it's sharing the crank with three good ones then what may have been happening unknowingly is that your bad piston has been getting pulled down by the rotation of your crank instead of getting pushed down by the force of the internal combustion as is proper. So if it's been gettin pulled by the crank because it's not been firing right, over time your piston may have gotten slightly egg shaped from heat and friction wich would allow gas to go by your piston and get pulled into your crank case. Not good. Does that sound like it could be you?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.