TTORA Forum banner

3rz horse power build

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Billconrad 
#1 ·
hey there boys and girls, im basically new to the internet and this blog stuff so bare with me.
i have a 96 4wd tacoma driven by a 3rz with the manual W59 5speed.
what i want to do is put right around 300-350 ponies to the rear wheels. id like to go supercharged. so i know i have to go full bore with new fuel and air and exhaust management and new ECU and a big dirty tune. and lets pretend money is a non-issue. i understand that just supercharging the little girl isnt going to get me there. i imagine that ill need to do a full engine rebuild but i dont know the full extent of said rebuild. should it be a high or low compression rebuild? and i like to pretend im a rally driver sometimes so what about my diffs and axles? basically i treat my truck exactly like a street and trail dirt bike, its about 50/50 on/off road driving.
any help you fine folks here on this website could give me is muchly appreciated, you dont need to spit out all the name brands of this and that if you dont want to. i can and am continuously doing research on my own. but most of my experience is in drive train and just lifting old 70's fords, never went after a performance engine build before. i just need to know what i may need to do to get a supercharged 3rz to 300+rwhp. and be able to burn around without breaking my drive train and what kind of work ill need to do to the little engine so that we can enjoy a long life together. shes rollin with some 400k right now and id like to keep on keepin on.
hope to hear from some of you out there and again thanks for any help given. i dont do too well with the abbreviations and lingo like 'btw' and 'lmao' and what not. i do know what those two mean but thats about it so take it easy on me.

See less See more
#3 ·
i knew about the difference in base line performance between the two. i guess im wonderin what i could do to the internals of the engine to take it the rest of the way from the approx. 225hp to closer to my desired outcome? thanks for the input and link though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.