Trans Temp Gauge Mounting Problems - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 11:00 PM Thread Starter
To Gear Or Not To Gear...

Send a message via AIM to Vernon29RW
Trans Temp Gauge Mounting Problems

Hey everyone...new to the board. I just recently purchased some gauges for my truck from Jegs. They are Autometer Pro Comp Ultra Lite's in Voltmeter and Trans Temp. I wanna get the highest possible temperature from my trans fluid so I figured I would mount it on the pressure line going to the cooler in the radiator. Problem is they only give you fittings to tap into the pan. I was thinking about getting soem type of plumbing hardware like a T fitting and doing it that way but not really sure if it would work. Anyone ever done one of these gauges before and how did you setup your temp sender?? Any info would be great.

'98 std cab 2.7L slowtomatic
OME 881 coils + N91SC Shocks, P.A. 2" Body Lift, Revtek Diff Drop, Bilstein 5100 rears, Daystar extendo shackles, Demello Sliders and Bed Bar, DMI Skid Plate, 33x12.50 BFG M/T KM, 15x8 Black Steelies 4.5" BS, B&M Trans Cooler with Autometer Gauges,K&N FIPK, LCE Header & Exhaust
http://community.webshots.com/user/vernon29rw
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-11-2005, 12:22 AM

Send a message via AIM to My68ur8trd
you need to get the manifold for it. autometer also makes it.

Justin
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-11-2005, 10:09 PM Thread Starter
To Gear Or Not To Gear...

Send a message via AIM to Vernon29RW
Justin, not to be a pain in the ass but is there any way you could direct me to exactly what you are talking about. I went on Jegs.com and found this Temperature Manifold I would think this would work but dont know how? I wanted to mount the sender on teh pressure cooling line going to the radiator but I dont nkow how I could do that without hacking the line, flaring each end putting connectors on each side and connecting it to one of these manifols. Does that sound crazy?? Any EXTRA help would be appreciated

Steve

'98 std cab 2.7L slowtomatic
OME 881 coils + N91SC Shocks, P.A. 2" Body Lift, Revtek Diff Drop, Bilstein 5100 rears, Daystar extendo shackles, Demello Sliders and Bed Bar, DMI Skid Plate, 33x12.50 BFG M/T KM, 15x8 Black Steelies 4.5" BS, B&M Trans Cooler with Autometer Gauges,K&N FIPK, LCE Header & Exhaust
http://community.webshots.com/user/vernon29rw
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 08:31 AM

Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode