TTORA Forum banner

Peak HP with upgrades

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  DCabTaco 
#1 ·
Anyone have headers, full exaust, intake, carburator and supercharger and had their truck dyno for total HP? If so how much on either a 2.7L or 3.4L?

#3 ·
I do, I have a 4 barrel carb sitting on the bed of my truck along with the distributor with points, does that count as being on my truck?,.... lol

come on now,... search people,... search!!!!!!! and please, please, don't ask about peak power if the question will include a carburator. Baby step. Learn what you have under the hood before you go and ask about a full blown modified engine.

#7 ·
It has been years since any OEM produced a car where the engine had a carb. Pollution control and fuel efficiency concerns have forced the move to EFI. However we win because EFI is a much better way to run an engine from any standpoint, overall power, torque curve, efficiency etc., than any carb based system could ever hope too.

#9 ·
I think your friends 88 Taco is just a 88 Toyota Pick-up cause I think the Tacos came out in the 90's and Toyota's dont come with 350 motor in it most time I think it was a 22r with a timing chain and Carburator. But thats what I THINK it has just my opinion and i might be wrong.

#11 ·
OregonTaco said:
next time i'll just I wont say shit.
Sorry if I offended you, I guess I must have been having one of those days. Just to clear things up. A 350 is a chevy engine and a lot of older Toyota pickup trucks have had a 350 swap because the engine bay has enough room for one, it has a lot more power than the original 22r or 22re(electronic fuel injection), and there are a lot more aftermarket parts for a 350. Yes that would normally have a carb, but if you want to be able to tune it for peak power an EFI system is better suited for that application. As showstop pointed out that link is about the best numbers anyone has come up with on a 3.4 V6 engine. As Dick pointed out a carb system is both inferior and outdated for todays technology. The government didn’t allow any major auto manufacturers to sell carburated vehicles after 1989 because of the benefits from an EFI to both pollution and efficiency, They really don’t care about HP, but that is the plus for us. A simple search for dyno, or HP, or supercharger, or something like that would have given you the answers you were looking for when it comes to the HP numbers. That is what I am getting at. As stated before this forum is full of good information, but when threads and started over and over again it just gets harder and harder to sort through all the crap. That is why a lot of us are always pushing the search before you post phrase. If you want to learn more about the history of Toyota pickup trucks you can read up on this link, (I found it using the search in google a long time ago). Here you will see when the first Tacoma came about and the history of the different Toyota pickup trucks.

http://www.4x4wire.com/toyota/faq/

After you have done some research on your own and still have questions, then you can post it on here. That is what I mean by baby steps. Peace!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.