TTORA Forum banner

Blue Ox II

4K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  tacoAGGIE 
#1 ·
Picked this up yesterday after looking high and low for weeks before I even sold the 4Runner.

Specs:
2005 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 TRD Off-Road
6-speed manual
Speedway Blue
265/75/16 ProComp Mud Terrains
SnugTop topper
K&N CAI
Ranch Hand brush guard

It also had some black nerf bars on it when I bought it but those came home within an hour of pulling it into the driveway. The brush guard will go too, in lieu of an ARB bumper but it is staying on for now just in case of any unfortunate events involving the front end.

See less See more
#4 ·
looks sweet!

you may as well pull off that brushguard, too. it'll only give you grief off road. Ask Becky.

#7 ·
They are kinda noisy, not nearly as much as my X-Terrains were though. Of course, these are smaller. They suck in the rain too. I can't wait till it is time for new tires.

#10 ·
I've been doing some trading and this is how it sits right now.

I've gotten enough money together from selling the CAI, mudflaps, spare stuff from the 4Runner and the brush guard to get an ARB bumper. I should have it in my hands by the weekend. :)

#12 ·
VERY nice taco! i love that blue color and that ARB is way better on the front of it than that flimsy brush guard.

#13 ·
I finally got my sliders on. They are 4xInnovations and I got them from the guy I bought my ARB from. I had to cut the original legs off with a torch because they were too short when he cut them off of his truck and bought new DOM from Greg for new legs.

Tacked together for test fit:

Painted and ready to weld on the truck:

I cut 1/4" flatbar into 3" square pieces to weld to the frame and welded the sliders to those so I wouldn't run the risk of tearing holes in the frame.

I did a bit of wheeling the same weekend but a friend took a bunch of pics and I haven't gotten any of them yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.