How quickly plans can change on a dime... - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 11:55 AM Thread Starter
Reppin the Flips on TTORA

How quickly plans can change on a dime...

I can't go to TO.

We're having major marital problems right now, except now it also invloves the fact that I have a newborn daughter. My wife wants to consider a divorce or a seperation, and I just have to take care of this situation.

Why she threw this at me last Sunday, with a 2-1/2 month old daughter, is beyond me. I was hoping it would boil over by now, but it hasn't. And last night she brought up me having planned to go to Gilmer, along with other things she's got a problem with (about me, of course), didn't help. She originally told me it was fine, since her mom and the nanny are at home. So my 1 vacation in 3 years (unless you count Katemcy Rock weekend last year), I'll have to cancel, and work on my marriage.

One weekend is all I ask, compared to her yearly 1-month long vacations she takes to travel around the world, from Hong Kong, to Japan, to New Zealand, to Africa, and so on.....

I'm pissed. Nevertheless, I have to calm down and work this shit out, especially now that I have a daughter.

Rob

'97 Tacoma LX V6 4x4 Extra-Cab
DR 2.5 coilovers, All-Pro Front Bumper, All-Pro T-case skid, Stubbs Sliders, Snorkel, Deckplate Mod, AAL, Downey Shackles, ProComp MX-6 Rear, Swaybar Quick-discos, Powertrax No-Slip, Can-Back w/ rack & Hella 4000, TRD Tranny Cooler, Magnaflow, Cobra 25LTD CB w/ 3' Wilson, 32x11.5 BFG MT on Wheelers 15x10 steelies
'97 Lexus LX450
All Stock (for now )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 12:23 PM
Cracker

Sorry to hear that Rob- best of luck to you both.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 01:12 PM
Veteran Member

i feel for ya bro and wish you the best of luck w/ your marriage.

1985 4runner ~ el'stumpo
2014 4runner Trail ....wife's rig

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 01:44 PM
Split it open-Eat it out!

Send a message via AIM to Pink Taco Send a message via Yahoo to Pink Taco
good luck rob. If you need a place to calm down at and still get a sense of home your more than welcome to stop by my place. I've got a few colds one I'm willing to share with ya. I hope you guys figure this stuff out. Once again good luck bud. I'll be here during TO.

832-276-7065
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 02:14 PM
[duma]

Send a message via AIM to TomTRD Send a message via Yahoo to TomTRD
damn Rob, sorry to hear about your marriage issues. I really hope things will get resolved soon and you'll have a happy family again.

-TomTRD
-2002 DoubleCab 4WD V6
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 02:15 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via MSN to Cmartinez95 Send a message via Yahoo to Cmartinez95
Rob,
Call me if you ANYTHING man. You got my number. Don't hesitate to use it.
Sorry to hear about your situation.

Carlos
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 02:48 PM
Deal Master

Many of us may be experiencing or have experienced similar moments.
Feel free to call me anytime if you need to.

Pg 77 (1999 Owner's Manual)
(!) Brake System Warning Light
This light has the following functions:
-Parking Brake Reminder
-Low Brake Fluid level Warning
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 03:14 PM Thread Starter
Reppin the Flips on TTORA

Thanks guys. Right now I just need to vent and calm down. I work my ass off for this woman, and when I get done whatever it is she wants me to get done, or I accomplish whatever it is she wants me to accomplish, it never seems to be enough, and there's always something else, some other issue that she's not happy about. She doesn't get it, that it's not my job to make her happy. She needs to figure that out on her own. It always seems to happen whenever she gets depressed, and this time she's dipressed because she just had to get back to work again, and I can only imagine she's going thru seperation anxiety from the baby. I work my ass off so much, I've hardly got to see my girl since the day she was born.

Nevertheless, I'm gonna take the time I had planned off for TO, and see if I get civil again with my wife, and do something for ourselves, as a family. Hopefully, it'll show Sabrina how committed I am to this family.

Anyway, thanks again. I'm so pissed, so I better not write any more, until I calm down.

'97 Tacoma LX V6 4x4 Extra-Cab
DR 2.5 coilovers, All-Pro Front Bumper, All-Pro T-case skid, Stubbs Sliders, Snorkel, Deckplate Mod, AAL, Downey Shackles, ProComp MX-6 Rear, Swaybar Quick-discos, Powertrax No-Slip, Can-Back w/ rack & Hella 4000, TRD Tranny Cooler, Magnaflow, Cobra 25LTD CB w/ 3' Wilson, 32x11.5 BFG MT on Wheelers 15x10 steelies
'97 Lexus LX450
All Stock (for now )
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 04:33 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via MSN to Cmartinez95 Send a message via Yahoo to Cmartinez95
Rob, if you need to unload we're here buddy! Let it all out here instead of telling her something that might make the situation worse!!!

Good luck with everything.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 05:53 PM
Hoist The Colors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipSideUp
I can't go to TO.

We're having major marital problems right now, except now it also invloves the fact that I have a newborn daughter. My wife wants to consider a divorce or a seperation, and I just have to take care of this situation.

Why she threw this at me last Sunday, with a 2-1/2 month old daughter, is beyond me. I was hoping it would boil over by now, but it hasn't. And last night she brought up me having planned to go to Gilmer, along with other things she's got a problem with (about me, of course), didn't help. She originally told me it was fine, since her mom and the nanny are at home. So my 1 vacation in 3 years (unless you count Katemcy Rock weekend last year), I'll have to cancel, and work on my marriage.

One weekend is all I ask, compared to her yearly 1-month long vacations she takes to travel around the world, from Hong Kong, to Japan, to New Zealand, to Africa, and so on.....

I'm pissed. Nevertheless, I have to calm down and work this shit out, especially now that I have a daughter.

Rob
Dude...I've been there, done that and bought the "BIG D...and I don't mean Dallas" t-shirt!

Just remember this, if a divorce is meant to happen then it will happen...plain and simple. I know it sucks really bad and I completely know how you feel at the moment. If y'all can work things out then that's GREAT...if not, it certainly won't be the end of the world.

Not trying to be a downer here...just speaking from experience!

"The beatings shall continue until morale improves
"

~ The Captain
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 07:17 PM
cedarbarn

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipSideUp
Thanks guys. Right now I just need to vent and calm down. I work my ass off for this woman, and when I get done whatever it is she wants me to get done, or I accomplish whatever it is she wants me to accomplish, it never seems to be enough, and there's always something else, some other issue that she's not happy about. She doesn't get it, that it's not my job to make her happy. She needs to figure that out on her own. It always seems to happen whenever she gets depressed, and this time she's dipressed because she just had to get back to work again, and I can only imagine she's going thru seperation anxiety from the baby. I work my ass off so much, I've hardly got to see my girl since the day she was born.

Nevertheless, I'm gonna take the time I had planned off for TO, and see if I get civil again with my wife, and do something for ourselves, as a family. Hopefully, it'll show Sabrina how committed I am to this family.

Anyway, thanks again. I'm so pissed, so I better not write any more, until I calm down.
Hey man I have never met you but I wish you the best of luck with this situation. Gilmer aint goin anywhere, well, it is sliding downhill as the mountain erodes... There will be another time for wheeling, there will never be another time for your young baby. Take care and come wheeling with us in DFW anytime.
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode