TTORA Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Does anybody post here any more?

7K views 58 replies 23 participants last post by  Dick Foster 
#1 ·
I still consider myself an active member.

So here's an update for anybody that's bothering to look.

I was driving home from work 7-14-15, and this dickhead darts out of a gas station through the traffic in the right lane- right in front of me.

BLAMMO!

I hit him in the driver's side front fender and spun him around 180 degrees.

Yeah, it totaled.

Too bad, too. That was a good truck. I pretty much had all the bugs worked out of it and it ran and drove awesome.

Turns out that dickhead wasn't covered, so my insurance payed me for the truck.

I bought this with the money:

Yeah, it's two wheel drive, but it's straight, and it's clean, and it doesn't need any major work.

I've already fixed a couple small things and I'm kinda digging the comfort level.

Compared to the '01 Taco it's like riding in a limo! It's got a fairly badass stereo in there and the AC kicks ass.

I'll be back in a 4WD pickup again as soon as I can finance it, but for now this is the new ride and it's just gonna have to do.

What about you guys? Is there anybody out there?

See less See more
Reactions: BATGRL
#2 ·
I just got an 05 Taco. Still have my 2000. Comfort on the new one is better but I rather have the J shift than electriconic actuated BS.

I'm still here and have always appreciated your help with my questions.:)

#3 ·
still here

yea still here and like you went newer/better moved from a 97 landcruiser to a 04 gx470. Cant beat the ride and I'm kinda digging the a-trac system

#6 ·
Man you just can't catch a break, can you? That sucks. But nice job with that 4Runner. Glad it wasn't worse.

#7 ·
That's what happens with those stock pretend bumpers.

I suggest you upgrade that new runner to have some real bumpers and protect yourself from those idiotic city driver types.

Anyone that want's can take a big ole taste of mine if they want too and I'll likely just laugh at them. Go ahead and take a taste of it, bitch. I dare ya. LOL
Wraparound armor is the thing.

#10 ·
Snorkie said:
Nice looking 4Runner!
captsurf said:
(3) 4Runners in the family now
Yeah, it really makes for a solid DD. I'm liking it a lot.

A friend kicked his wife to the curb, I gave him a hand moving some shit because his 4runner doesn't have a trailer hitch on it (Yet).

I towed some trailers with my '05 Tacoma, and never found it lacking. This truck is equal to that truck when it comes to towing, except it has better brakes, rides better, is quieter, and has a bigger back seat. It drug that trailer loaded full with houshold stuff just fine.

I still need something to get out away from the people, but this runner is sure satisfying me right now.

Reactions: my2coma
#12 ·
Hey Frank - sorry to hear about the truck but glad you got into something you're enjoying. I've got 2 kids now and an SUV seems more practical but I just can't get away from owning a truck. My '07 Tundra Double Cab was t-boned and totaled earlier this year. The giant car seats were already becoming a squeeze so I checked out a '15 CrewMax and was sold on it.

#19 ·
I miss the old Forum setup... this thing on my phone is a pain in the ass to navigate

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

#31 ·
Not much. There were more posts on TTORA when there were less than 100 members nationwide restricted to only Tacoma owners than there are today. The more commercial it got the less popular it got to be. Now with all the streaming ads there is rarely anything to see and no useful information. It's in the tank. I'm about to remove it from my desktop.

#32 ·
Bummer.

But on to the good news.

Brought it home tonight.

Like my last two Tacomas, it's 90% street ride, and weekend warrior when I can get out there.

Like my last two Tacomas, it will be modded very little if at all.

It's a 2017 OffRoad with a real locker in the back and all the computer traction stuff.

It's damn nice, and drives really good on the road.

I'm happy, and I'm going to keep right on having fun offroad regardless of whatever becomes of this site.:winking:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.