Merdle the Mercedes - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-30-2011, 04:06 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to Prematuregrey
Merdle the Mercedes

So I'm out in the good 'ole Gulf of Mexico again and bored outta my mind. Guess I'll pass the time by post whoring on the TTORA.

Picked this up at a friend of my baby momma's garage sale. It's in great condition other than a slight tranny slip going into second gear . Hopefully I'll be able to nurse it for a bit till I get another tranny in. As it is, I've made several trips to La. with it with no problems and getting 20mpg. Which is surprising for a 300+hp 5.6L V8 with 180k on it.

Lotsa plans for it: Already tinted it up and put some better/wider meat on it and upgraded the sound to a Kennwood head unit and Polk highs. Working on getting some 8" subs in the front doors for a little more low end kick. Looking at Eibach Pro springs for a little drop and better stance. Talking with a performance shop about possibly upgrading the tranny to a later model, ML class comes to mind. Also thinking about a twin turbo set-up. I have seen one with a class IV hitch on it, air bags and a brake controller and it may be my new tow vehicle Might not even need the bags, the hydrualic leving works great and I've thrown almost 1000#'s in it with people and gear without sagging or changing the ride height too much.

As it sat when I bought it, 2 flat tires, dead battery, and broken window regulator. All fixed now.

Rolling 180k on the way back from Port Fouchon La.

All cleaned up, before the tint and tires.

The Automotive Mullet

Owner: Times Are Tough Toys
92 4 Runner (Joyce, long story from my time in Africa) Lotsa stuff, just about finished dumping money into it.
89 Mercedes 560 SEL, Merdle. Wrecked, stripped for parts, let me know if you need anything.
71 Chevy K20, Clifford, BB and 1 Tons
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-08-2011, 08:03 AM

Send a message via AIM to akkording
Does it have power seats?

Peter
03 Prerunner
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-08-2011, 10:08 AM
Almost Out of 9 Lives

Send a message via AIM to Lysmachia Send a message via MSN to Lysmachia Send a message via Yahoo to Lysmachia Send a message via Skype™ to Lysmachia
I bet that thing could tow your runner... LOL But you'd need ANOTHER tranny after that.

Molly
aka Lysmachia
85 4 Runner SAS (Tippy II) - All mashed together in 93runner and 85runner Goodness

Get your 4x4 VIDEO pr0n here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdoug View Post
How many people do you think it'd take to hold Molly down while we cut off a limb? I'm guessing alot, plus ratchet straps, c-clamps, and other misc tools
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-08-2011, 10:43 AM
Texas Chapter Presidente

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prematuregrey View Post
The Automotive Mullet

The Infidel

SAS'd 86 4Runner
http://ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112402
97 Taco
99 4Runner
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-08-2011, 10:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkording View Post
Does it have power seats?

Power everything, rear heated and power recline. It all works now, had to fix a couple things but only spent $200 since I bought it and everything is fixed but a thermostat and tranny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysmachia View Post
I bet that thing could tow your runner... LOL But you'd need ANOTHER tranny after that.
Current tranny will be fine as long as I don't tow anything.

92 4 Runner (Joyce, long story from my time in Africa) Lotsa stuff, just about finished dumping money into it.
89 Mercedes 560 SEL, Merdle. Wrecked, stripped for parts, let me know if you need anything.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-09-2011, 07:46 AM
Almost Out of 9 Lives

Send a message via AIM to Lysmachia Send a message via MSN to Lysmachia Send a message via Yahoo to Lysmachia Send a message via Skype™ to Lysmachia
How you gonna get to the CoTTORA takeover then? If I get tippy done she has to be trailored for sure.....

Molly
aka Lysmachia
85 4 Runner SAS (Tippy II) - All mashed together in 93runner and 85runner Goodness

Get your 4x4 VIDEO pr0n here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdoug View Post
How many people do you think it'd take to hold Molly down while we cut off a limb? I'm guessing alot, plus ratchet straps, c-clamps, and other misc tools
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-09-2011, 03:28 PM Thread Starter

Gotta wait and see. Baby on the way in early April, not really planning too many trips. Gonna drive it to BVORR Sunday March 6th if I'm not working. Looking into renting a RV that can tow Joyce on the trailer if I go to Coto.

Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode