TTORA Forum banner

Ethanol Free Gas or Lucas Ethanol Treatment

9K views 43 replies 6 participants last post by  kala 
#1 ·
In case you neva know, HFN or Hawaii Fueling Network selling "ethanol free" gasoline at their Cardlock Fuel Stations, (Hilo) ( Shipman Industrial Park, for awhile) and if I'm not mistaken, it is midgrade fuel. They no longer pump super gas, have to Minit Stop for super. I do not know about rest of Hawaii Island or Maui, but good for people running fishing boats. I saw this a week back when I was filling gas in my work truck, I filled with ethanol free gasoline, truck seems to have more power. I consider getting personal cardlock from HFN, but gasoline sold there seems more expensive? One day went to WalMart and saw this Lucas Safeguard Ethanol Fuel treatment, I do not know if make difference, but tried it in my 1991 4x4 truck, find out later.:D

#42 ·
I was talking my local gasoline wholesaler about Hawaii State removing the ethanol shit out gasoline. He told me the Feds don't like the idea of Hawaii removing ethanol shit! Somebody else said if Hawaii remove ethanol, Federal money not going come in. Bull Shit! Somebody making money!;)

#43 ·
I think it has a lot to do with using up all that subsidized corn and is more about political bullshit than doing anything good for us or the environment. End subsidies and end much of the bullshit along with them. In the end analysis, we're being made to pay on both ends to screw ourselves.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.