TTORA Forum banner

Ethanol Free Gas or Lucas Ethanol Treatment

9K views 43 replies 6 participants last post by  kala 
#1 ·
In case you neva know, HFN or Hawaii Fueling Network selling "ethanol free" gasoline at their Cardlock Fuel Stations, (Hilo) ( Shipman Industrial Park, for awhile) and if I'm not mistaken, it is midgrade fuel. They no longer pump super gas, have to Minit Stop for super. I do not know about rest of Hawaii Island or Maui, but good for people running fishing boats. I saw this a week back when I was filling gas in my work truck, I filled with ethanol free gasoline, truck seems to have more power. I consider getting personal cardlock from HFN, but gasoline sold there seems more expensive? One day went to WalMart and saw this Lucas Safeguard Ethanol Fuel treatment, I do not know if make difference, but tried it in my 1991 4x4 truck, find out later.:D

#2 ·
I have a similar card. For commercial use only. KAF(Kauai Automated Fuels)

It is cheaper, but you need to spend $500.00 a month to qualify and have a GE license. No ethanol free though. Damn.

#3 ·
It's worth knowing that ethanol laden fuel isn't so great for many small engines like lawn mowers, snow blowers, log splitters, generators etc.
But do our gubberment dumbshits give a crap, hell no. Just do as they say and say nothing because they have all the answers and only they will decide what is important for us.

#5 ·
x100 on ethanol for the two cycle lawn equipment. The push mower does fine(4cycle).

The weedwhacker and hedge trimmer, 2 cycles, hate it. All the mechanics here say it's the ethanol. I have to adjust the needle valves once every use.
In Hawaii State, our previous governor, "Dingle" signed into law the ethanol crap, without making studies about ethanol bad shit, only listen to enviromental fawkers. No common sense!!!:saw:

#4 ·
x100 on ethanol for the two cycle lawn equipment. The push mower does fine(4cycle).

The weedwhacker and hedge trimmer, 2 cycles, hate it. All the mechanics here say it's the ethanol. I have to adjust the needle valves once every use.

#7 ·
I don't care for abercrombie either. But I mailed HFN Fuel card application yesterday, and I will wait and see if it gets approved or not. I neva know HFN cards work at Aloha stations, I thought only at Minit Stop and HFN?:confused:

#9 ·
For fueling my work truck I was told I by my employers that I can use HFN cards at at either HFN Fuel stations or at a Minit Stop station. So whenever my work truck needs gas, I usually go to Minit Stop or HFN to fill up. Apparently, HFN added the Minit Stop store in Maui in 1982, and expanded to more locations. Also, Minit Stop flies to gas flags 76 and Minit Stop. I see Hawaii Petroleum supplies fuel to most Minit Stop/Ohana Fuels, I do not not about Union 76 fuels. But I filled regular gas at Waimea Minit Stop twice (driving to and from Kona) for work truck, it seems to run smoother, must be different blend of gas.:D

#11 ·
Ok, things have changed since I last used the HFN card. Aloha stations used to use it, and have a reduced price too.
I think I put Aloha at down town sack n save 2 months or so ago. Idk if costco uses aloha still. im between 4 different vehicles so I dont really notice a difference. The only ones I wanna run ethanol free in is my taco and the bronc(when its running again).

#12 ·
I picked up my HFN Fuel card today. But I have to wait awhile before filling ethanol free gasoline for my 91 Toyota because the gas tank is full. Maybe get ethanol free gas for my lawn mower and weed wacker. Another thing, I read in today's newspaper that they are building a new Chevron station in Kailua-Kona that will be selling ethanol free gasoline, along with E10 gas and diesal fuel. It will be located near Target, so anybody in Kona can check it out later.:D

#14 ·
There is a website showing where ethanol free gas being sold in U.S. and Canada. It's called pure-gas.org, unless list was updated, Aloha Island Market, located on Alii Dr., in Keahou-Kona selling ethanol free. Also, Patel's SPIRIT in Captain Cook, but this ethanol free claims to be 91 octane (super) and most expensive gas $5.05? Price is from last year.:D

#16 ·
I stop in patels out honaunau side for 2.50 quarts, the back in the days kinda of candies, and to see the lady with the bombuchas. I havent put gas there for awhile but I was just there couple weeks ago, so ill look. I guess just didnt catch my eye.

Aloha Island Market, right above Keauhou, was known as circus and I wouldnt doubt they have e free. All the boaters who launch over there, put gas there.

#17 ·
Aloha Island Market, is it across Sam Choy's Resturant? Driving down Kam 3 Road, then turn right at stop light? Make another left at end of street, then reach Keahou Shopping Center? Once in awhile for work, I drive to Kona side to service equipment for my employer's customers. I'm some what familiar driving Kona, if not I use my GPS tracker. As for e free gas, I filled gas can today with it and top off my truck. I might cut grass this weekend if weather gets better.:D

#18 ·
doesnt J. Hara sell ethanol free gas? i know the little gas station in mtn view sold ethanol free gas too. this whole ethanol thing is pretty funny because i know guys running E85 etahnol in their supras and GTRs because its cleaner burning and makes more power...but makes our engines run like shit

#19 ·
Never did fill gas at J. Hara store, but been there few times, awhile back. if I not mistaken, Union 76 supplies fuel at station next door, maybe I check it out when take a cruise that side. As for the HFN Fuel station in Hilo, I see alot of people filling gas over there on weekends, and work days. I figure they are filling up with ethanol free gas. When gasoline in my 4x4 gets around 1/2 tank or less, I fill with ethanol free, and see if get difference.:D

#21 ·
Awhile back, (it was about this time of the year) when I went on camping trip with friends to Lepana in Kau, stop at 7-11 store, next to J. Hara store, I do not know if has another store now. But we had had to wait to 6:00 am to buy beer. After got everything, headed out to Lepana, it rained most of the time. But I enjoyed trip, but apparently 2 people that drove out with us, did not because the bad weather. Nobody expected that, but it's part of camping.:D

#23 ·
No Ethanol after December 31, 2015

Hawaii forums apparently dead. But got email from SEMA, Hawaii Governor Ige signed into law, removing ethanol shit from Hawaii gasoline end of this year. Apologize no link.:eek:

#24 ·
All grades get ethanol removed?

The Chevron near me changed to 76 and now they have 87octane with no ethanol. I wish super was as well.

#26 ·
The whole ethanol debacle is for sure Bull Shit. It's just a way to dispose of too much subsidized corn. Corn we don't need but they robbed the taxpayer to pay for it so they had to find a way to get rid of it. How better to get rid of anything but to burn it all up. Whether or not it did squat for oil imports becase it made that worse and regardless of how bad that shit is for our engines or the enviroment. This is what happens when you allow left wing, shit for brains who don't know squat run things. Or republicrats looking to keep their asses planted in those seats either for that matter.

#27 ·
Bull Shit, Stupid, and Dumb! Hawaii past Governor Dingle really never use common sense when she signed ethanol shit into law in 2006. Never really have study about ethanol, stupid politicians thought could produce ethanol locally. Ended up bring shit in, costing more $$$$, finally dumbass' wise the fawk up.:D

#33 ·
They outta take that shit out of gasoline anyway. It takes more oil to produce the crap than it saves while putting out less BTU per gallon and overall increase in carbon output and fucking shit up in the process. Fuckin politicians got no dayum sense. The only reason they do it is to use up excess subsidized corn and get votes from the Midwest into the bargain. Today's politicians are indeed the SCUM of the earth.

#34 ·
22mpg with costco 87. 26mpg with ethanol free 89.

I only do ethanol free on occasions….mostly blend it with the 87 but managed to get 26mpg when I filled up with mostly ethanol free last weekend. then drove it 248 miles in a day.

#35 ·
Price of gasoline seems to drop in Hawaii lately. Filled with ethanol free Labor Day weekend in Kona HFN in my stock Tacoma. Apparently never make difference driving back to Hilo on new Saddle Road, obviously the altitude.:eek:

#37 ·
I driving back from Kona for work on new Saddle, I see cops pulled somebody over on side on road, probably speeding? Few minutes later, another cop car turn on blue lights and sirens, give chase, catch somebody else speeding.:D

#38 ·
Almost every time I go on saddle I see cops. Just seen 8 dlnr trucks/vans going up there yesterday too.

whats bumming me is that from kona airport to town is now all 35mph. construction combined with all these athletes makes for a shitty time. too much people already on this island lol

#39 ·
Unless I have to stop somewhere in Hamakua side for work, I drive new Saddle to go Kona. Hamakua have enough shit going on, road work on horseshoe turns, County working on road pavement. WTF? Wasting time waiting for traffic moving again.:D

#40 ·
yeah almost every weekend ive been going hilo side. Luckily its mostly night time so I only have to worry about the bridge by Hakalau. I got stuck in the Kaawalii gulch traffic jam on friday though.

Several weeks ago when I was coming back around south, had rivers going across the road by pahala and by hookena it was bone dry and had a small kine river going across the road, first time I seen that over there.

I kinda miss when they were working on saddle and had gravel roads. I cant begin to explain how fun that was back then. ;)

#41 ·
I drove on old Saddle before the new saddle was completed, once or twice. The places where Waikii located are nicer, but road all narrow and winding, too bad they don't make it better.:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.