TTORA Forum banner

help with dash kit!

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  tsunami982 
#1 ·
installed a dash kit and aftermarket radio. dash trim will not clear the radio housing so i can't get it flush against dash. i don't want to cut the trim so it fits in case i put the factory radio back in. any ideas? its off by about 1/8"

#3 ·
i'm not using the trim ring. its actually the radio thats hitting the dash trim. i have a removabale face radio if that means anything. i'm wondering if i adjust the dash kit depth to stick the radio out a little bit would help or not.

#4 ·
You shouldn't be having that problem unless you screwed the factory bracket in the wrong spots. What kind of radio is it?

#5 ·
hk'dontoys said:
installed a dash kit and aftermarket radio. dash trim will not clear the radio housing so i can't get it flush against dash. i don't want to cut the trim so it fits in case i put the factory radio back in. any ideas? its off by about 1/8"
are you talking about the metal sleeve? (im not too sure what you mean by dash trim). if so then you can remove the sleeve (some kits actually require that). if you are talking about the stereo bezel trim, you are supposed to leave that off until you are finished installing the stereo and mount it from the front. if thats not the part you are talking about take a picture and post it up because i dont think we know what exactly you mean my dash trim (anything that is originally part of the dash should snap back in easily). a picture really is worth a thousand words.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.