2005 Tacoma audio setup - TTORA Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 07:19 AM Thread Starter
2005 Tacoma audio setup

Has anyone done any custom setups yet? Anyone know what size speakers are even in the truck? I definitly want a sub either 1 ten or two 8's. Nothing huge but just enough to give some thump. I think I have already blown my factory speakers so those need to be changed soon. I thought I saw a post on the JL stealth boxes for these trucks but no one has hear when or if they are comming out.

"power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely"
Lord Acton (1834-1902)
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 09:08 PM
I have a 12" W6 sealed box. The speakers are 6x8 in front 5x7 in back I think. They sell adapters to make them 6.5 (as they come in kits w/ tweeters). I wouldn't get a stealth box. Put that money toward a good amp. My 4ch. pushes my whole system and it rocks more than most cars I see. Of course I know about installation and have very good power distribution. A qulity DVC 10 will give more than some thump. If you do this yourself I can give you advice on runnig the wires to eliminate engine noise and alll that good stuff.

2002 Tacoma 4x4 4WD xtra cab V6
- 2.5" Toytec spacer, bilstein 5100's, Downey Shackles, 2" RB BL, 33x12.5x15 MTR's on Procomp 87-5883's
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 11:01 PM
Hey, I have a double cab and have been wondering about this for awhile. I'm not sure what can fit under the rear seats, but it seems like a good place. Other than that, I dunno. Does anyone know where the 8" JBL sub is located in that little add on package?

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-01-2006, 04:49 PM

2006 Toyota Tacoma DC

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode