TTORA Forum banner

LEDs - worth it?

3K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  hytenor 
#1 ·
Looking at LEDs for better visibility/brighter lighting...would you say it is worth the upgrade?

I read conflicting things, seems like it depends who you ask, and some people swear by HIDs as being the better option. What do you think?

Looking at a kit, maybe something like LED Headlights Kits - Free Shipping, Lifetime Warranty - LedHeadlightsPro or DD, or maybe ebay if I can find anything of decent quality.

#2 ·
I say yes, I've upgraded all interior and exterior lights to LEDs. I also have LED headlights and LED cubes up front. I highly recommend them over than the stock halogen. I'm not sure about the link\company you sent but I purchased these and probably will be upgrading my Tundra to LEDs here soon also.

HIDs are a great option also, but if you have someone build a set for you they seem to be pricey. If you felt adventurous you can probably do it for $300-$400 or spend almost double for someone to build a set. Better lighting IMO but you pay for it.

#4 ·
I've seen a lot of people mess up a lot of stuff just by simply putting led lights all over their vehicles...like blown main fuses, regular fuses, shorting wires, etc. the only one I've ever changed out are some lights because all Toyota some lights are dim as shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 ·
I switched out my domelight to LED 5 years ago. Much brighter. Still work great.

#8 ·
The problem with these 'kits' is the same with HID 'kits'. The housing/lens assembly is not designed for this type of bulb so you wind up with a huge amount of extraneous light that blinds oncoming drivers. When somebody comes up with a full replacement LED housing...then look into swapping out your OEMs.
There are several threads on Candlepower forum about these going back to 2013.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.