Rear light bar? - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-25-2006, 02:51 AM Thread Starter

Rear light bar?

Well have a bit of a problem. Do a fair amount of night wheeling and arround here every one else drives old school chevys with huge amounts of lift exc. So if i meet one head on in a tight trail rule is smaller truck has to back up. Recent experiences I got a pal to sit in the box with a spot light but I still hit a tree and wrecked my last bumper. So i was wondering if anyone has made a rear light bar i was thinkin like a towel rack on the tail gate. Going to have the truck painted through insurance in a few months so i thought if i welded a towel rack kinda bar on the tail gate and had it painted with the truck it may look hald decent and would solve my problem just hang 2 baja lights from it. Anyone done this or have a better idea? i want to keep stock bumper and hanging lights below the bumper wont work they will get busted off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 01:16 PM

how about putting on 2 rectangular KC hi-lites (sp?) on the rear end? My brother did that to his tacoma and it is really functional.

Or, maybe a roll bar with 2 lights facing forward and 2 lights facing backwards? Just an idea.

"They that give up essential liberties in order to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"

-Benjamin Franklin
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 01:23 PM

why not flush mount them in your bumper, better yet use some driving lights and wire them to a switch that allows them to be off when in reverse, on in reverse, and then on while not in reverse.

Hunter
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 02:39 PM
NE > PA

Send a message via AIM to Intrepid
Sounds like a simple bed bar would do the trick, just mount it near the back of the bed. Either that or get a couple smaller lights and mount them on the outer edges of the bumper.

'85 4runner: crawler, lockers, swampers, dents
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 05:40 PM

Hunter-Va stole the words that I meant to say. I forgot to mention the manual switch for that... my brother put that on his truck as well.

"They that give up essential liberties in order to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"

-Benjamin Franklin
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter-Va
why not flush mount them in your bumper, better yet use some driving lights and wire them to a switch that allows them to be off when in reverse, on in reverse, and then on while not in reverse.
+1.

for the wiring details, see
http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum...ad.php?t=21166

jim aka the wrooster
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-27-2006, 09:21 PM

may not be exactly what your looking for but we offer a foldable lightbar, there's more information under the sponser products page
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode