TTORA Forum banner

Rubicon July 6-9

6K views 47 replies 11 participants last post by  Dick Foster 
#1 ·
Anyone else want to go? We have some old school TTORA dudes going plus a number of other people. Should be a good sized group

#2 ·
assuming the trail is passable by they :p

Shaver area trails, including Dusy won't be open till well into Aug at the rate things are going. This last set of storm dumped another 5-6' of heavy wet snow on top of the 15' that was at Kaiser pass last weekend.
I'm in if passable.

#9 ·
Yeah we may be snow wheeling, we'll see LOL

Brain! I will be there with some friends. A buddy of mine is flying out from Australia, gonna show him a good time.

Holy crap this message board sure has turned into an advertising infested piece of shit!

Regards,
....Mike
Advertising happens when you sell out. Excited for Rubicon though!

I should be able to make this, looking forward to it!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Sweet dude!

I'm considering going. Trail conditions might be a big factor for me.
Just go back out Loon, you'll be fine :D Or we'll get you on a strap up Cadillac :)

#3 ·
Brain! I will be there with some friends. A buddy of mine is flying out from Australia, gonna show him a good time.

Holy crap this message board sure has turned into an advertising infested piece of shit!

Regards,
....Mike

#11 · (Edited)
Reactions: TreadHeads
#21 ·
#31 ·
I think we're still going in Thursday but if everyone wants to go in Friday, we can do that too. There is talk of camping at Buck all weekend then turning around and coming back out Loon. Kinda only want to setup camp once...

#32 ·
I was still planning on Thursday as well. Should be able to drive up Wednesday and arrive at camp (Loon or Wentworth?) that evening. I'd love to hit the springs if possible. I like hanging out at the pools there. Just putting forth my wishes. :cool:

#33 ·
report today that a rig made it all the way through over the weekend. Deep water at the springs "over my hood", boulders in the middle of trail on Cadillac and big drifts on the Tahoe side that should be gone in a week or so.

sounds good for July

#43 ·
I have a few buddies going in Friday morning. A silver 3rd gen 4runner on 1 tons and 40's, a silver extra cab Tacoma on 37" Pitbulls, possibly a first gen Toyota pickup on 35s and a Samurai on 44's. I think they are heading up there early in the AM. They all live in Sacramento and are leaving at 5am or so.

#45 ·
OK, we'll get an early start Friday and hope to be heading in from Loon around 8am or so. I'm driving the tan FJ40 so if you saw my build thread here you'll recognize it. I met a few people from here at Swamp a few years back but don't know most of you so I'll hope to run into you early on. Depending on the water we're thinking we'll camp around Buck Island and head back out the same way Sunday. I haven't been wheeling for a few years so I'm really looking forward to the trip.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.