Need a Boot - TTORA Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-28-2005, 09:56 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Need a Boot

Hey guys, I hope this in the correct folder but if it's not, the mods can suck it! HAHAHA
But, I need a boot to go over the end of the steering shaft on my 82. The original boot is destroyed and I have not had any luck finding one. But, just about any boot will work, like a shock boot or anything like that. I was thinking I might go by a bike shop and see if they can sell me one boot for a front suspension fork. That is about the size I need, only 4 inches long, maybe not even that long. But, I could always cut down a longer boot to make it work. I was just going to zip tie the ends.
Does anyone have some sort of boot that would work, or do you guys have any other ideas of where I could get one, cheap? I'm just looking to not spend much on one since it doesn't really do a lot, other than keep dirt out of the one place there you grease the steering shaft.
Let me know what you guys have or think will work.
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-28-2005, 11:20 AM
Winder licker

Send a message via AIM to ATLRoach
Have you called Barb and Chris at TRDParts4U.com?

Kyle
03 Tundra - SAWs, Wheelers AAL, BILs, 295s on FJ80 wheels
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-28-2005, 11:23 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

I sent them an email about some other parts, too, and they have not yet responded. So, I thought I would throw this out there. Just about anything will work, so I'm hoping I don't have to spend much $$$ on this little part. Like $5 or something is what I'm looking to spend. And, I had to lengthen it for the body lift so I don't know that a stock one would fit it still.

Last edited by Marshytaco; 12-28-2005 at 11:33 AM.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-28-2005, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshytaco
I sent them an email about some other parts, too, and they have not yet responded. So, I thought I would throw this out there. Just about anything will work, so I'm hoping I don't have to spend much $$$ on this little part. Like $5 or something is what I'm looking to spend. And, I had to lengthen it for the body lift so I don't know that a stock one would fit it still.
Spend some time at the pull-a-part in Conley or Buford. You would be suprised at the stuff you could find. I wouldn't drive all the way down there for a boot but if you have other things on your list.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-28-2005, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMrunner
Spend some time at the pull-a-part in Conley or Buford. You would be suprised at the stuff you could find. I wouldn't drive all the way down there for a boot but if you have other things on your list.

As of last 12/18 Conley Had no boxs, shafts or boots for any toyota truck there I haven't seen any new trucks listed since.

Last edited by mnntaco; 12-28-2005 at 11:50 AM.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-28-2005, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Michael,
I know a guy that may have the parts that you need. Give me a call this evening and I'll give you his name and number. I'll have to fill you in on how to talk to the guy, too.
Marshall
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-28-2005, 01:44 PM

Marshall,

I'll give you a call tonight.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-28-2005, 02:17 PM
Part-timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshytaco
If you call them up you can talk to any of the parts people and get the TTORA cost. I didn't talk to Barb or Chris and got the discount on the wheel bearings. I saved $31 per bearing compared to the local dealerships cost.

1991 Acura NSX
2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport 4x4
2010 Toyota Sequoia Platinum
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TTORA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode