TTORA Forum banner

Certified Used - Where Does A Dealer Shop ?

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  pmh203 
#1 ·
All , I'm in the process of selling my Honda Civic and buying a 2002 - 2003 Certified Tacoma Silver Extended Cab, with a 3.4 - Auto and the TRD package. I've been comunicating with a sales guy via email and so far he has been pleasant to deal with . He says he can find what I want when I'm ready. So I'm curious , in order to help understand I'm getting a good - fair deal I've been looking in the ads on a weekly basis and finding exactly what I want seems to be elusive. I keep finding them with some of the options but not the right color or right color missing an option ect. I understand its buying used and they don't have set lots , so where do they look if someone comes in wanting something they don't have ? Should I be prepared to tell him those options and either a prerunner or 4x4 ?

If I priced this right they say $21,000 ?

http://www.nadaguides.com/uv/viewresults.aspx?LI=1-11-1-2031-0-0-0&Lnk=1&wSec=11&wPr=1&wPg=2032

#3 ·
Thanks. My brother thinks my search is to narrow and should be open to purchasing a 4x4 as well ( he drives a 4x4 ranger ). If possible I'm more interested in 4x2 as it won't be an off-roader but that 4x4 would be nice the snow I guess. His arguement is that I may be able to get the above model as a 4x4 for possibly cheaper if there are more them. Thoughts ?

#5 ·
Go with a 4x4. If nothing else it is a little added insurance if conditions get rank. Plus u will probaly have a greater demand if u ever try to sell it. You will have a little added maintence with a t-case, front diff, and another drive shaft, with the 4x4. But i think it is well worth it. Plus you might decide to built it up and wheel hard one day.

#6 ·
I was looking for a truck for months, i finally found a truck. I had so settle for white instead of silver, and auto instead of manual. The sales manager said it was virtually impossible to find the truck i wanted in my price range.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.