|10-10-2004 until 11-10-2025|
My Rig: '85 One Ton 4Runner
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Trinity Bay, TX
User Guidelines [Please Read Before Making Your First Post]
Please take a moment to review our guidelines before creating an account here on this forum. By creating an account you agree to following guidelines. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us. We look forward to your continued cooperation in keeping our site as the most off-road/tech oriented Toyota 4x4 site on the internet.
NOTE: If you are new to our forum please check out our Newbie Area before posting.
(1) First things first, this forum is a Toyota off-road based forum, so it should go without saying that this is an off-road oriented place geared towards Toyotas. We are in no way a "Toyota Owners" site. We talk mainly about the aspects of off-roading, trail preservation and building a more capable off-road rig...so please respect that. If you have general or remedial questions about your Toyota please post them in the Newbie Tech section as that is what it is there for. It will ensure that your question gets answered and that you do not get flamed by making the mistake of posting it in one of the Tech sections. If you have no interests in off-roading or making your Toyota (whether it be new or old) a more capable off-road rig then this is not the place for you. Remember, this is an off-road site first and foremost and an on-line community second! If you have no interests in the former, again, this is not the place for you.
(2) Please keep all posts related to the section you are posting within. Threads posted in the wrong section will need to be moved to the correct section by our moderators.
(3) Spamming is prohibited in all sections in our forum and will result in the person making the post being banned, as well as the post being deleted. This includes but is not limited to: owners of businesses promoting without becoming a Sponsor, owners of a website/forum promoting their sites, etc...
(4) The Off-Topic section is there for threads pertaining to topics other than Toyotas, wheelin or for topics there are no designated sections for. Topics in this section can be very raw at times and will seldomly be censored or moderated. If you have a problem with certain topics being posted in this section and do not agree with some of the topics, please stay clear of this section. Serious complaints need to be directed to an Admin in a private e-mail. You do not have the right to post your complaint publicly in this section. Continual complaining about a topic you disagree with in this section or how it is being handled by this forum's staff will result in your account being banned.
(5) Now although we have the above mentioned Off-Topic section, we will absolutely not allow pornographic material or links directed to pornographic material in this section or ANY sections for that matter. Our definition of pornographic material means...photos of completely naked or nude bodies or vulgar cartoons/drawings are not allowed. Concerning actual photos, both 'Upstairs' and 'Downstairs' must be "covered" in some kind of fashion. Sheer or transparently thin garments are not considered "covered". The same applies to signatures/custom user titles/avatars as well. Failure to comply will result in your account being banned.
(6) Photos or links to photos of illegal activities are not allowed in ANY sections of this forum.
(7) No Political or Religious threads/avatar/signatures/custom usertitles are allowed. This includes any boderline threads that have the potential to turn Political/Religious as well as jokes on either subject. These topics seem to cause much debate and typically get out of hand and will be deleted on sight.
(8) No sexism is allowed. Offensive comments will be deleted. There are several female users here now...so why would you want to try and run them off with stupid sexist comments!
(9) Multiple accounts are not allowed unless given direct consent by a Forum Admin. The exception would be, a Sponsor who wishes to have his sponsor account separate from his personal account may have more than one account. Registered Users creating multiple accounts for their own amusement will not be allowed. Doing this will cause their original account to be put In Limbo and they will need to contact an Admin to have their account re-activated.
(10) Multiple users are not allowed to post under the same account unless given direct consent by a Forum Admin. The exception would be, a Sponsor who wishes to have multiple employees use their Sponsor account. Multiple people posting on the same account will not be allowed. Doing this will cause the account to be put In Limbo and they will need to contact an Admin to have their account re-activated.
(11) No outside vendors are allowed to sell or promote their products or business ANYWHERE within this forum! This includes former sponsors going back on previous threads posted about their company and bumping their threads to gain exposure by answering questions posted by other members. If you want to become a sponsor or renew your sponsorship status click here!
(12) No excessive bandwagoning, factionalism, harassment or fighting is allowed. If specific users continue to argue in a thread to one another the thread will be closed and that will refrain the users from arguing any further. This will put an end to the argument in the thread which could not constructively contribute to the topic. If you feel the need to carry on your bashing with one another, you will need to do it by e-mail or PM once you've seen that the thread has been closed. Please notify an Admin or Moderator if users continue to make negative comments in other threads so that we can take care of the situation.
(13) Controversial threads will be deleted, this especially includes threads started to create drama. Any questionable threads will be closely watched by our Moderators.
(14) If a user replies in several threads within a short amount of time, or creates several new threads in a short amount of time, or is resurrecting several old threads in a short amount of time, the user will be put In Limbo for spam or post padding prevention. When a user is put In Limbo they will not be able to post in any threads. They will be notified that they cannot access the page they are referencing. If it is a legit user that just was bumping threads excessively then they will know instantly that they cannot post. The user will need to contact an Admin to have their account re-activated at that point.
(15) Continually posting negative comments within threads is not allowed. Problem users will be watched by our moderators and will be put In Limbo if problems with them increasingly gets worse. They will need to contact an Admin to have their account re-activated.
(16) Any posts made asking why a certain user has been banned are not allowed. These posts will be deleted on sight. Truth be told, if you are asking why a certain user has been banned you already know the reason for it.
(17) Threads posted with complaints of any rival forum will be deleted on sight. If you have a problem with another forum you need to settle it with that forum's staff.
(18) No Moderator/Admin/Site bashing allowed. If any type of negative comment is made towards a Moderator, Admin or the way this site is managed, whether if posted within a thread, referenced within a signature/custom user title or within an avatar, it will be deleted on sight. If a user has a valid complaint they will need to contact a Moderator or Admin to have any differences worked out. Any of the above mentioned published to complain will be deleted. This is simply to keep the peace here on this forum. Furthermore, the offending user will be put In Limbo and they will need to contact an Admin to have their account re-activated.
(19) We only delete accounts under extreme circumstances. Admins of this site will constitute what qualifies as an extreme circumstance. Furthermore, even after deleting an account any posts that were made under that account will not be deleted. If you wish to no longer participate in any further discussions here, just simply do not login into your account and make anymore posts.
(20) ATTENTION SPONSORS -
(a) No Sponsors are allowed to attack, or excessively critique the efforts of other Sponsors. If a Sponsor makes a negative comment about another Sponsor, we will ask that they refrain from making any additional comments of that nature and to take their disagreement to email.
(b) Sponsors are not allowed to undercut prices in other rival Sponsors threads while in the Sponsors Promotions section. For example, "Sponsor A" is not allowed to post information as far as undercutting "Sponsor B's" prices in a thread in which "Sponsor B" started. In fact, while in the Sponsors Promotions section,"Sponsor A" should avoid even responding in "Sponsor B's" thread.
(c) Sponsors are no longer allowed to excessively bump their threads within the Sponsors Promotions section. Legitimate updates are encouraged, but bumping the majority of your existing threads simply to bump them to the top is not allowed.
We reserve the right to suspend any users account if they violate any of our guidelines. If a user violates any of the above guidelines, that user can be banned permanently or will be put In Limbo temporarily, depending on the offense. Permanent suspensions are appealable, but in general, if a user has received continuous warnings it's unlikely for there to be a reversal of the suspension since we will have already exhibited a lenient attitude prior to the suspension.
(1) Your message may be edited, closed or deleted.
(2) Depending on the severity, you could possibly receive a final warning from a Moderator not to do it again.
(3) If you do not receive a final warning and notice a message that you made was edited, closed or deleted without final warning from a Moderator this should make you aware that your post was inappropriate and the edit, closing or deletion of the message should be warning enough. DO NOT start a new thread concerning the same topic as this will lead to you being banned from the forum. Please do not expect the Moderators to give you a warning every time you do not follow the guidelines that are listed here. It is your responsibility to know these guidelines.
(4) Finally, if your account is banned permanently you will not be allowed to start a new account. Furthermore, if you had purchased one of our subscriptions and your account is banned, there will be no refund of the subscription in full or in part. You will forfeit all monies in light of your account being banned.
Please note that this is a privately owned forum and is in no way, shape or form considered as the club TTORA, so please do not confuse it as such. This is an open public forum and there are many users here that are not associated with the club TTORA. If you want to become a member of the club TTORA then you will need to contact your nearest local chapter and register for membership. Registering an account on this forum does not make you a member of TTORA.
Futhermore, many TTORA Chapters have their own individual forum. The Guidelines listed above may or may not apply according to what each particular chapter states as such. Each chapter forum may have their own adopted Guidelines to be followed while posting on their forum. Please check with the chapter forum to find out what their Guidelines are as to be in compliance with their posting etiquette.
Questions, comments or complaints on the way this forum is conducted? Please put your thoughts into a private email and send it to the Forum Administrator. Complaints about the way this forum is conducted should be sent to a forum Admin privately. Any public complaints posted on the forum will be deleted on sight.
"Get busy living or get busy dying, that's goddamn right."
~ Ellis Boyd 'Red' Redding