: Repair Manuals

DON WATERS
12-15-2004, 05:29 PM
I have Volume 1 and Volume 2 Repair Service Manuals for an 02 Tacoma.
First Volume is Maintenance/Preparation/Specifications/Diagnostics
Volume 2 is Engine, Chasis, Body, Electrical.
Manuals are in good condition - I paid over $200 for them. I want $90 and that will include shipping.
Don

hytenor
12-15-2004, 06:11 PM
I have Volume 1 and Volume 2 Repair Service Manuals for an 02 Tacoma.
First Volume is Maintenance/Preparation/Specifications/Diagnostics
Volume 2 is Engine, Chasis, Body, Electrical.
Manuals are in good condition - I paid over $200 for them. I want $125 and that will include shipping.
Don

If you can't get any good offers here go with ebay; I've seen them go for well over your asking price there.

hytenor
12-16-2004, 07:16 PM
Thanks for the advice. I had the manuals pretty much sold once before along with several other items that I have. Apparently Paypal is a big thing today and I am not familiar with it so I never sold them. I prefer someone mailing me a check and I would send them the item. Apparently it doesn't work like that today.
Don

paypal is easy. Just set up an account and when you sell stuff make sure to add 3% to the final price (incl shipping) that paypal charges. As long as you make this clear in your ebay add you are covered. I've sold a bunch of things this way and never gotten a complaint.
personal checks are iffy for ebay stuff and people generally don't like taking the time to get a $order. Paypal is quick and easy.

Jamier2
12-16-2004, 07:25 PM
Also, PayPal offers some sense of security for the buyer if the seller has verified their address via credit card or whatever. They also have a protection policy but I don't know any of the details on that.

TheBoro85
12-19-2004, 01:11 PM
Is the repair manual for the 2002 and the 2004 the same? Does engine size, offroad package, and of the options matter? Or is it all in there?

hytenor
12-19-2004, 03:36 PM
Is the repair manual for the 2002 and the 2004 the same? Does engine size, offroad package, and of the options matter? Or is it all in there?

what few changes there may be will be minor since the generation III trucks ('01-'04) are essentially the same. I would ask to speek to your dealer's lead wrench about what those changes might be. The service mgr probably will not know but the lead mechanic will.