: muddy motor

982.7yota
05-14-2005, 04:07 PM
hey, whats up did a little wheelin the other day and got some mud on the motor and i was wondering is there any easy way to get it off :welder:

99TanTaco
05-14-2005, 05:56 PM
Usually I take it to the self serve and spray the engine down with the tire cleaner/ engine degreaser or presoak then blast it, try to avoid your air cleaner if you have an open element type (K&N FIPK or similar). I haven't had any problems yet other than having to assure car wash owners that I would clean the bay when I was done

SAR_Squid79
05-14-2005, 06:04 PM
I am in the Navy, and on base they have a Pressure Washer that sprays extremely hot water. That seems to work fine, and you don't have to worry about waiting for your engine to cool before you use it.

Tweeter
05-16-2005, 01:20 PM
I go to my old high school and use their steam cleaner :)

not2XS
05-18-2005, 06:27 PM
Just rinse it down with a hose. Unless you're going to try to impress the girls with a shiny motor or something there's no need to make it look like you can eat your dinner off it. Just avoid spraying the brake & clutch fluid reservoir caps, thats all.

hytenor
05-18-2005, 06:53 PM
hey, whats up did a little wheelin the other day and got some mud on the motor and i was wondering is there any easy way to get it off :welder:

with a hose, preferably with water coming out of it. :p

pportera
05-27-2005, 08:20 AM
I wouldent use a hosepipe unless the engine is cold, or the hose is heated. A pressure washer bay uses warm to hot water. If u try to use cold hosepipe water on a slightly warm to hot motor u will crack or faul out a plug. I did twice. But never had that prob with sticking to a car wash bay.

About cleaning the pressure washer bay. One day after a weekdn in the swamp i went to the local car wash bay. At about 2 minutes left on the timer. The owner showed up and stuck his key in the machine and said " go ahead and spray out my bay when your done." It was pretty cool couse my time was out looooong ago but i sat there all morning cleaning my truck for FREE and then all i had to do was spray down the walls and giant clumps of mud out of the bay. I think it was a pretty good deal.