: Skid plate recomendations

Duplexx
05-20-2008, 10:49 PM
I am sick of looking around for a skid plate for my 98 Taco. Who do I go with??

Avsfreak1234
05-20-2008, 11:08 PM
allphase! theyre in longmont. I love mine

Ric
05-20-2008, 11:27 PM
http://www.budbuilt.com/new/

Duplexx
05-20-2008, 11:36 PM
I would always ABC......(always buy colorado.) Thanks!

fjcruzer
05-21-2008, 12:36 PM
I'm biased b/c I have Budbuilt (and not on a Taco), but you might want to research the Allphase :2cents:

Lysmachia
05-21-2008, 12:46 PM
We've got Bud Built on ours, but I All Phase had done a ton (literally) of work for us too. They are both great!

devinsixtyseven
05-21-2008, 01:02 PM
With the cost of shipping these days, local tax may be a better deal than shipping on something that heavy, I dunno.

I agree, ABC when possible & reasonable.

fondigley
05-22-2008, 12:05 AM
I was gonna have a custom skid built from Armorology, but Jed talked me into going with Budbuilt. He said for the quality and price, he couldn't match that and that budbuilts were the shit. So I found a deal on a slightly used set. They are solid. The Allphase look decent, but not as beefy at the buds. Apparently since Bud has them laser cut, they are very precise.

spindleshanks
05-22-2008, 08:47 AM
I talked to Bud Built last week, and having the skid shipped to a business (rather than a residence) would save me $30 in shipping. Just a tip.

Chalkie
05-22-2008, 11:11 AM
I was gonna have a custom skid built from Armorology, but Jed talked me into going with Budbuilt. He said for the quality and price, he couldn't match that and that budbuilts were the shit.

I always find it refreshing when a shop is honest, gives good info, and doesn't try to sell you their own product, even though they could.

Son of Mayhem
05-22-2008, 09:03 PM
Jed is the shit. fo shizzy'

I have an AllPhase Tcase skid. Love it, works great, just don't use the templates where they say, go a little lower. The customer service is SUPERB, Dave called me to tell me it was on my doorstep. :D

I will be buying their main skid as well.

Avsfreak1234
05-22-2008, 09:13 PM
Jed is the shit. fo shizzy'

I have an AllPhase Tcase skid. Love it, works great, just don't use the templates where they say, go a little lower. The customer service is SUPERB, Dave called me to tell me it was on my doorstep. :D

I will be buying their main skid as well.

I picked mine up but dave was great too like always. but a second DO NOT USE THE TEMPLATES. I still have to weld up the holes I drilled following them so that I can relocate them about a 1/4" lower. my skid touches my t-case as is and clocks it just enough so that my ADD wont work because the splines are out of perfect alignment. so I have to stop and put it in 4wd or 4lo now.