TTORA Forum banner

Moab Pics: DonG, FJCruizer, Lysmachia - May 2008!

4K views 35 replies 15 participants last post by  Lysmachia 
#1 ·
Starting a picture thread of our adventures!

Link to photos of Day one.

Moab Day One

This is a combination of mine and Molly's pics. Eric got in after midnight last night, and missed the Top of the World. Definitely a world class view, and worth losing your lunch!

Molly was afraid of getting blown over the edge by the fierce winds...

Driving on in to Moab, the sunset light was fantastic!

I'm sure Molly will post a better selection later, or you can just sequece through the whole album at the link above.

#2 ·
Whoo Hoo! Just waiting to figre out what the guys have in find for adventures today! I forgot how much I miss Moab in srping. I haven't been here at this time i like 5 years!

The Russian live and Honey Suckle make the air smell so good and sweet! And the wild flowers are blooming like mad!

The light was realy great too!

#3 ·
Here is the Rascally little snake we tried to get off the Road yesterday...

Of course he took refuge under Don's Truck....

#4 ·
We did Lockhart Basin yesterday. It was a long, but good day.

Eric coming up the draw:

Some wicked crazy bikers 20 miles in, and 40 miles to go to the next water:

Sunset near end of trail near Needles:

We ate at Denny's after a long drive back, then passed out until now!

#13 ·
These guys are insane. We met up wit them again on our way to Kane Creek today. They were cracking us up. This time we swapped info. hey were pretty astounded once they went through lockhart canyon... that we did it without wenching! (They walked it of course)

Kane Creek was awesome. Then because we just hadn't done enough wheeling by 5:30 we did steel bender on top of it. Got off at 9:30. Apperently Steve Shafer and Albequerqie Jim from YT are in town. (We ran into Vallejo at the bewery) Of course they wondered where "TC" was once they figured out who I was. LOL. We had already planned to do Moab Rim tomorrow. They are as well so I am sure I will finally meet Steve and Jim somewhere on the trail! Isaac, I'll tell Steve hello from you... LOL!

#15 ·
Here's a pic of the bikers today. They'd made 30 miles of very rugged country, and it was just noon when we saw them.

The white shirts were not in evidence today, but they made excellent sense in the baking afternoon sun yesterday. The collar was up to protect his neck, and made perfect sense yesterday, but I have to admit it looked a bit poofy in the pics.

They hungrily ate apples, bananas and trail mix that we gave them. I think they'd run out of food the night before. Had a great day on Kane Creek and Steel Bender today. Tired again, tonight. Will post more pics later.

#16 ·
So far we have done trails that none of us have been on (Except Eric on Steel Bender once like 2 years ago). It has been awesome expolring.

Kane Creek Day 2 (Yesterday)

Don trying an unusual line on Kane Creek :D

End of Kane Creek...

We hit steel bender at about 6:00. Ran into Dan Mick. He thought we were stupid for doing a trail so late, but we got off right after sunset. (I think he was just jealous... LOL)

Today we do Moab Rim. Looks like All Eric did was a slightly bent paassenger Tie Rod, so we are good to go!

#17 · (Edited)
It seams like Eric breaks everything:D

#18 ·
Wow, that's ballsy, Don. The last time I had my rear wheel in the air that far, I really did feel good about it....and its only happened once...

#19 ·
GODDAMNIT! you just keep making me jealous with all those pics of trucks in redrock country. If only gas to make it to moab didnt run me more than my lask kilo of blow Id go this summer, well, I would have gone this spring.

ps. joking about the blow, makes for a great metaphor though.

#20 ·
Holy Moab Rim Batman! I forgot how freakin steap that trail is and let me tell you, Both Eric and Don were excellent on it. Eric's FJ is like over 6K LBS and that thing loves to lift a rear tire when going down stuff. Holy Crap my heart was beating out of my chest a few times, but he was a cool customer, knew exactly what his tip level was and would roll out of it perfectly!

Don too was amazing. Taco's LOVE to lift a rear tire too... and I have seen many get wqicked sideways. He didn't even lift an inch on Devil's Crack coming back down!

It was a great day. We called Troy at the top to harrass him. :D :neener:

#27 ·
that thing loves to lift a rear tire when going down stuff. Holy Crap my heart was beating out of my chest a few times, but he was a cool customer, knew exactly what his tip level was and would roll out of it perfectly!
He likes laughing on the CB when it happens to me, must be the sudden braking I do when the tire comes up, I dunno. I can't seem to get used to that though and I am no where near as high as he has had it.
I am sure he's probably pushing it harder after going to the DT school.

Don's got me wanting wanting a little truck like his, I am sure most of it's the driver but he never seems to have a problem on anything, even when his locker line melted on the last run we were on together.

Nice pics guys thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.