: Boggers + snow = what?

ViableCalifornia
05-17-2005, 11:48 PM
Here in northern CA, i hit up the snow frequently through the months of october to april so i'd love to have tires that peform well in that kinda stuff.
Since mud and snow have somewhat similar densities, do Boggers perform well in snow too, deep and shallow? What about other tires for the snow??

Thanks in advance. Keep hope alive.

white_eskimo
05-18-2005, 07:52 AM
howdy and welcome, wish i could answer your question, but as i cannot, i just wanted to welcome you to the board. I live around Redwood City, CA, about 20 minutes from los gatos. You should try to go wheeling sometime with the nor cal ttora guys sometime!

JDUBTacoMUD
05-18-2005, 01:11 PM
I have a set of boggers and they do awesome in the mud as you would expect not much wheeling in snow with them but they suck on snow/icey roads.i live in Ohio so i see alot of both.Are they goin on a daily driver?that would really depend on what you want.
John Wayne

Intrepid
05-18-2005, 01:17 PM
I have heard that, in general, any tires made for mud will suck in snow. from what I understand siping mud tires increases their ability in snow/ice, increases their life expectancy and decreases the noise.

http://www.4x4review.com/tech/siping.asp