: Runner wont shift

SP!N4L T4P
06-09-2008, 03:20 PM
my buddy was doing some maintenance on his 92 Runner where he had to disconnect the clutch line. he bled it after he was done but for some reason he's not able to shift gears while the engines running. he bled it again just to make sure, but still it wont shift. any ideas what the problem is?

SP!N4L T4P
06-10-2008, 12:05 AM
anyone...?

cchark
06-10-2008, 01:07 AM
Sounds like there is still air not allowing the slave cylinder to work!?!
-Keep bleeding the system. Is he getting good flow out of the bleeder?
-Make sure ends are tight- No leakage
-Pull the slave end and make sure you dont have something blocking the line
-Could be a fluke and the slave decided it was time to crap out.

poorboyota26
06-10-2008, 09:31 AM
x2
also check that the clutch fork didn't pull loose and that it will still move the throw-out-bearing.

when I bled mine a few weeks ago I had to set in the truck and push in the clutch repeatedly for about 30 min to get all the bubbles out. every time I pushed in the clutch and released it I would see bubbles come out of the res. worked pretty good.

thefatkid
06-10-2008, 10:45 AM
Those are common to break the clutch pedal braket. If that is broken it will not release the clutch. The break on the farthest left side at the bottom.

SP!N4L T4P
06-10-2008, 11:01 AM
well when he was bleeding it he told me all he saw coming out was a solid steady stream, so im pretty sure there isnt any air in there. and i doubt he would miss a leak as he is pretty thourough about this stuff. i mentioned the clutch fork to him, but is there a quick way to check it so the bellhousing doesnt have to be separated from the engine?