: Amsoil or Red Line

Taco_Man
06-11-2008, 12:10 PM
Well I am getting ready to do my 60k on my taco and I am thinking about ether putting amsoil or red line in my diff's and tranny. Which do you guys think will be the best?

RedRunnertc
06-11-2008, 02:32 PM
I use Redline. A lot of good comments on how the MT90 works well in our transmissions.

Jacket
06-11-2008, 04:38 PM
I use Redline. A lot of good comments on how the MT90 works well in our transmissions.

me too. I've got it in my diffs and transfer case (75w-90ns). I assume you've got the 6 spd manual? If so, the MT-90 is the way to go.

bluetaco
06-11-2008, 04:50 PM
Redline has been my choice for a long time...

I am currently running Royal Purple because it was deeply discounted with fine results... the 75W145 has done wonders in the rear diff.

Taco_Man
06-11-2008, 07:52 PM
me too. I've got it in my diffs and transfer case (75w-90ns). I assume you've got the 6 spd manual? If so, the MT-90 is the way to go.

Auto...

RedRunnertc
06-11-2008, 10:41 PM
I'vew never really heard anything about Redline ATF. Would definitely put a good synthetic in there.

BTW - if you want to go blind on oil info:
www.bobistheoilguy.com

Taco_Man
06-11-2008, 10:54 PM
I'vew never really heard anything about Redline ATF. Would definitely put a good synthetic in there.

BTW - if you want to go blind on oil info:
www.bobistheoilguy.com

WOW good link

Jacket
06-11-2008, 11:21 PM
The newer Toyota auto tranny's use the Toyota "WS" (World Standard) fluid. Even though you'll be out of warranty, I think I'd stick to the OEM fluid there. I don't know if any of the aftermarket oil sellers have a replacement fluid "compatible" with the WS :2cents:

blown4runner
06-12-2008, 12:49 PM
Auto...
The newer Toyota auto tranny's use the Toyota "WS" (World Standard) fluid. Even though you'll be out of warranty, I think I'd stick to the OEM fluid there. I don't know if any of the aftermarket oil sellers have a replacement fluid "compatible" with the WS :2cents:
I don't know... but if it was me I wouldn't dick with it for 90k. It's a process to refill it and last time I checked there was no way to bypass the use of the Toyota scan tool in the refill process. It would suck to have all the fluid out and no way of getting the correct amount back in!

But I agree, when it comes to the 2002 and newer Tacoma ATs I'd rather stick to the Toyota shit (T4 or WS). Just too many little parts, pressures and complication based in part on the viscosity of the fluid.