: Tacomas recalled??

Mark2003DC
05-18-2005, 08:34 PM
I recently heard that Toyota has recalled nearly 800,000 trucks and SUV's. Does anyone know exactly which vehicles and what year were recalled?

Mike
05-18-2005, 08:37 PM
I recently heard that Toyota has recalled nearly 800,000 trucks and SUV's. Does anyone know exactly which vehicles and what year were recalled?

I think all 2003 double cabs were recalled because they could spontaneously combust at any time once the speed exceeds 43.5 MPH. I would be careful if I were you.

Later,
....Mike

grillmasterp
05-18-2005, 08:43 PM
I think all 2003 double cabs were recalled because they could spontaneously combust at any time once the speed exceeds 43.5 MPH. I would be careful if I were you.

Later,
....Mike
I thought the speed was not to exceed 55 due to a faulty flux capacitor

4x4crazy12345
05-18-2005, 08:43 PM
:bitchslap :bitchslap :bitchslap :bitchslap :bitchslap :bitchslap :bitchslap RRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPOOOOOOOOOOOSSSS SSSTTTTTTT
But I like the spontanious combustion idea

Mike
05-18-2005, 08:44 PM
:bitchslap :bitchslap :bitchslap :bitchslap :bitchslap :bitchslap :bitchslap RRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPOOOOOOOOOOOSSSS SSSTTTTTTT
But I like the spontanious combustion idea

It's not a repost, it's a different recall. :D

Later,
....Mike

YoTRacer158
05-18-2005, 08:58 PM
no no no...the flux capacitors are fine. they were having problems with the milenium transponders when put into hyper drive

tacd44
05-18-2005, 09:24 PM
I thought it was because the speed bumper-bolts were coming loose...

morenar
05-19-2005, 06:13 AM
Here is the info:

http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/invest/extra/P116121.asp

Mark2003DC
05-19-2005, 12:54 PM
Finally, someone with half a brain responds!!

BigBro
05-19-2005, 01:09 PM
So you don't have to wade through a bunch of posts written by people with more or less than half a brain (whatever it is that you meant), may I suggest the use of the search function?????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????

No, I know that it may seem painful at first, but trust me on this--in a week's time, you'll be a search function addict. You won't be able to get enough. Seriously, you're question has already been answered on this board in AT LEAST a few other places. And if that doesn't work try a Google search on the Internet.

grillmasterp
05-19-2005, 01:17 PM
Mark2003DC-
Perhaps instead of starting a new thread- you could have asked the question (or gasp...answered your own question) in the larger thread ongoing thread about the recall

http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10366

Mike
05-19-2005, 01:34 PM
Finally, someone with half a brain responds!!

My half a brain was just barely enough for me to notice that you were the SIXTH person to post a message about the recall in less than two days. If you had looked at the other messages in the forum you would have all the answers.

My half a brain is also sufficient for being able to find things on the internet, so with your complete brain you should have no problems at all!

Later,
....Mike

Mark2003DC
05-20-2005, 10:27 AM
I know this will come as a shocker, but you cannot always find what you are looking for when you do a search. I have been posting on here for about 2 years now and this site is very helpful. Sometimes when the search fails, you just have to ask a question. If I flamed every person who asked a question that had already been asked at one point in time, I would have to constantly be a smart ass and flame almost every person that posts on here. Instead, I try to be helpful and just answer the question even if it has been asked 20 times before because maybe, just maybe, the person posting the question didn't know that the question had previously been asked. I know, I will probably burn in hell because I didn't know that someone had already asked the recall question, so sue me.

Tweeter
05-20-2005, 12:37 PM
no no no...the flux capacitors are fine. they were having problems with the milenium transponders when put into hyper drive

No no no its not the flux capacitors OR the millenium transponders although those were great guesses. Clearly its the lithium crystals that overheat during hyper drive which cause the milenium transponders to rupture therefore causing an explosion :D

BigBro
05-20-2005, 01:17 PM
Actually, I'm a recovering lawyer and that's exactly what I was thinking about doing!

denny
05-20-2005, 01:35 PM
It's a recall for the control arm assembly. Go to www.nhtsa.dot.gov and pull up recall information. I personally called yesterday and they told me it affected tacomas/4-runners made between May 2001 through April 2003. Hope this helps.

TacoSaurus Rex
05-21-2005, 10:20 PM
Yeah...I called the dealer yesterday and they don't want me in for fixings until I get the infamous recall card. Supposedly it is a non-threatining situation. So if it's true I'll wait until after July.

ecar95
05-22-2005, 07:20 AM

Later,
....Mike

I heard it was because they made a mistake on some tacos and installed
EXTERNAL COMBUSTION ENGINES.

denny
05-23-2005, 02:53 PM
Yeah...I called the dealer yesterday and they don't want me in for fixings until I get the infamous recall card. Supposedly it is a non-threatining situation. So if it's true I'll wait until after July.

Non-threating...that's a good one. My dealer said the same thing! I read one guy in Japan had and serious accident b/c of the control arm giving way.

stEEz
05-23-2005, 10:52 PM
It's a recall for the control arm assembly. Go to www.nhtsa.dot.gov and pull up recall information. I personally called yesterday and they told me it affected tacomas/4-runners made between May 2001 through April 2003. Hope this helps.

I just looked at the sticker in the driver side door jam and it said my truck was made in 08/04 does this mean I am clear?

nhlbill
05-23-2005, 10:55 PM
So you don't have to wade through a bunch of posts written by people with more or less than half a brain (whatever it is that you meant), may I suggest the use of the search function?????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????

No, I know that it may seem painful at first, but trust me on this--in a week's time, you'll be a search function addict. You won't be able to get enough. Seriously, you're question has already been answered on this board in AT LEAST a few other places. And if that doesn't work try a Google search on the Internet.
Yea, by all means geeze. The nerve of that guy asking a "Tacoma" question on this forum!!!!!!